Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Can Jesus Come Back at Any Moment? (A scriptural critique of the idea)
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Da Sheik
Do you believe God has any future plans for the nation of Israel ? Acts Enthusiast
10/9/23 6:40 pm

Post Quiet Wyatt
Da Sheik wrote:
Do you believe God has any future plans for the nation of Israel ?

Yes. I affirm that the kingdom will be restored to Israel and that all Israel shall be saved when Messiah returns.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
10/9/23 7:21 pm

Post Da Sheik
Quiet Wyatt wrote:

Yes. I affirm that the kingdom will be restored to Israel and that all Israel shall be saved when Messiah returns.

But the ministry of the 144,000 are before Messiah returns. And they are from the 12 tribes of Israel according to the text.
Acts Enthusiast
10/9/23 9:30 pm

Post Quiet Wyatt... Aaron Scott
Quiet Wyatt wrote:
Matthew 24:14 And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in all the world as a witness to ALL the nations, and then the end will come.

Rev. 7:9 After these things I looked, and behold, a great multitude which no one could count, from every nation and [all] tribes and peoples and tongues, standing before the throne and before the Lamb, clothed in white robes, and palm branches [were] in their hands; 10and they cry out with a loud voice, saying, "Salvation to our God who sits on the throne, and to the Lamb."

The above verses have to mean something. Jesus Himself gave the condition before His return as being the gospel having been preached for a witness to all nations. The same Jesus inspired the Book of Revelation, in which He indicates that some (I suppose at least one) from every nation would be around the throne of God and the Lamb.

Before He went away, he said plainly to them:

Matt. 28:19 “Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit, 20teaching them to observe all that I commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the END of the age."

Biblically, nations are not modern nation-states, but ethnic groups.

It’s really not complicated. My guess is you are so set in your mind that Jesus could come at any moment (which actually is nowhere taught in Scripture), that you cannot accept the Lord’s own words regarding the completion of the Great Commission prior to His return.
Code:

No, my friend, I am not so set iny ways about this as you imagine
  I simply that it that if ANYONE from an ethnic group--if that is indeed what Jesus meant--checks the box as "reached." And it could have happened centuries ago.

I hope that isn't how it goes, but "reached' may not mean as thorough a reach as you seem to think is necessary.

When Jesus said that THEN the end will come, that doesn't necessarily mean 30 seconds afterwards.  It could be years, decades, centuries, but the will come.

Let's set this aside since we're liable to both be quite ensconced in our views.  Love you, friend
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
10/10/23 2:16 pm

Post Cojak
Aaron Scott wrote:
Let's set this aside since we're liable to both be quite ensconced in our views. Love you, friend[/code]

I enjoy you guys' attitudes. As a complete neophyte in deep Scripture study someone like me from the pew appreciate reading ideas and opinions. I am confused of course, but I was before. All I do is read when it gets this deep and involved.
Thanks from us who just read. This is very interesting........ Thanks at least I have to think harder...

I guess I am stuck in my parsonage days, Daddy said HE can come anytime. When daddy talked about the rapture, I stayed close to mama, if she started up I was going to grab hold and hang on. That is true i remember it well when I was close to 12 yes old methinks. Smile Smile
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
10/10/23 7:23 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic