Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Nancy Mace to prayer at breakfast people. "My fiance pulled me by my waist this .. in bed....

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Nancy Mace to prayer at breakfast people. "My fiance pulled me by my waist this .. in bed.... caseyleejones
https://twitter.com/RepNancyMace/status/1684621861844340736?s=20

Her pastor and Tim Scott laughed. Her joke was about her fiance in bed wanting to have sex with her but said she would be late to prayer breakfast. Then tells everyone at prayer breakfast this.

Pastors, what would you do? Laugh?
Acts-perienced Poster
7/27/23 2:34 pm

Post No, I wouldn't laugh! Aaron Scott
First, it is an offensive thing to have someone who is living in OPEN SIN speak at a prayer breakfast. None of us are perfect, but when a sin is between you and God, that's one thing. But when is public sin, it becomes a stumbling block to others...and an offense to the people of God.

Second, her complete lack of discernment in speaking of this publicly AT A PRAYER BREAKFAST disqualifies her from speaking anything spiritual to me.

Third, to speak of this private matter ANYWHERE--forget the prayer breakfast--shows a level of immaturity.

Such was the discretion of my own father and mother that, well, I'm not sure that I or my two siblings are ready to believe that they ever engaged in such practices.
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
7/28/23 11:18 am

Post Re: Nancy Mace to prayer at breakfast people. "My fiance pulled me by my waist this .. in bed.... Aaron Scott
caseyleejones wrote:

Her pastor and Tim Scott laughed. Her joke was about her fiance in bed wanting to have sex with her but said she would be late to prayer breakfast. Then tells everyone at prayer breakfast this.

Casey, let me add a little something....

While I trust that I would blush rather than laugh, the truth is that sometimes laughing is about the best you can do. I've heard some testimonies and the such that, in the sincerity of the moment, someone was a bit too open or vulnerable.

One man, with his dad and wife in the audience, told how his father coming to live with them had made it such that his wife was more or less saying "he goes or I go," said something like, "So...I was trying to figure out just which--" and the church burst out laughing. Of course, we were all close enough to know that the laughter was not done in unkindness (his wife was a kind lady, but, yeah, she could be a handful, I imagine).

Other testimonies--one in particular--was a man who had just gotten saved. His tearful testimony was something like, "My wife and mom always wanted me to come to church, but I thought it was all just ****." What could you do in our very conservative church...except burst out laughing in delight that someone we all loved had finally come to Jesus and found out that it wasn't all ****, after all?
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
7/28/23 11:23 am

Post Re: Nancy Mace to prayer at breakfast people. "My fiance pulled me by my waist this .. in bed.... Quiet Wyatt
caseyleejones wrote:

Walk out.

Tragically, the idea is far too common in our day that one can be living in blatant sin like this and still be considered just as much a Christian as anyone else. Welcome to the modern-day ‘grace message’. Yay sin!
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
7/28/23 11:28 am

Post caseyleejones
Contrary to what you might think, no condemnation here against her.

But, several there laughed. Last night Hannity had her on and he laughed. As long as she doubles down on this, I guess we will see who marginalizes this.

Would I vote for her. Yes. But this has exposed much more across the party.
Acts-perienced Poster
7/28/23 11:38 am

Post Old Time Country Preacher
the ole gal's remarks was shameful. Acts-pert Poster
7/28/23 11:31 pm

Post Nature Boy Florida
What if she said that her boyfriend wanted to put Satan before God that morning. But she laughed and said she had to get to the prayer breakfast first. Would that be any less of a commandment broken?

I would rather someone be hot or cold? Accepting lukewarm makes me want to spew. And Hannity dumped his wife for a coworker, but some of you guys still look to him as a moral leader. Where can I hurl?
7/29/23 8:06 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic