Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Is this 3rd Pentecost now a COG thing?

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Is this 3rd Pentecost now a COG thing? caviator
https://www.facebook.com/kelvin.cobaris/videos/2603153346492884/ Hey, DOC
4/13/23 7:34 am

Post I think its an interesting ... (Link) Mat
I think its an interesting project. Having been to LA (lived there in the 1980s) and after attending the "Azusa 100" event there, it was noticeable that all there was to mark the spot of the Azusa Street Revival was small street sign. You can tour the Bonnie Brea House, but the historical location of the revival has little in the way of public profile.

Personally, though I'm not COG, I think its a bold move for the COG leadership in CA. I'm surprised the 4 Square or AG did not do this first.

Here's a link:https://www.azusastreetprayertower.com/

Mat
Acts Enthusiast
4/13/23 9:35 am

Post caviator
It seems prophesied by NAR folks, which maybe questionable:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AGde14OSkL0
Hey, DOC
4/14/23 8:38 am

Post NAR, I don't think so... Mat
Is this project a fulfillment of a "NAR" prophecy? After watching just the first minute or so of the video you linked, the woman said, the "Third Pentecost" would go the opposite of Azusa Street, instead of starting in the west and going east, it would go east to west. However, the Azusa Street Prayer Tower is located in the west. Likewise, she was referring to a man who was chosen (by God?) to lead this "Third Pentecost." Not sure the people leading the development of the Prayer Tower are who she was referring to.

I can only take so much of that kind of prophesying, so I did not watch the whole video. I do not know where the term "Third Pentecost" came from, which she used in the video, and while I'm more the "former and latter rain" kind of thinker (as in the outpouring that spread from Azusa Street in the last century was preparation for the Second Coming), I need some more background on who coined the phrase and in what context.

Again, in just the first minute or so of the video, what she was saying had no real connection to what the prayer tower project is all about. I think its a positive for the COG, as it will bring a number of Pentecostals and Charismatics into the "orbit" of the COG.

At least someone is trying to put something more than a little street sign to mark where the greatest outpouring of the Holy Spirit in this country, which effect the world, took place.

Mat
Acts Enthusiast
4/14/23 12:58 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic