Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Will Jimmy Swaggart join the Church of God?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Will Jimmy Swaggart join the Church of God? COGLayman
No, this hasn't happened as far as I know. But, I am just wondering if we will ever see that headline. Tim Hill will be preaching a Camp meeting service in Baton Rouge in a few weeks.

Last edited by COGLayman on 3/10/23 8:21 am; edited 1 time in total
Friendly Face
3/8/23 9:00 pm

Post caseyleejones
No. Mods can lock the thread now since the OP is very misleading. Acts-perienced Poster
3/8/23 9:05 pm

Post Quiet Wyatt
I would be extremely doubtful that such would ever happen. Tim Hill has preached for the Swaggarts numerous times before.

Last edited by Quiet Wyatt on 3/9/23 4:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
3/8/23 9:29 pm

Post Old Time Country Preacher
What? Hey, if ole Jimmy Lee gits hooked up with the COG, me an him is gonna have to go to Shoneys fer one a em hot fudge cakes. Acts-pert Poster
3/8/23 11:08 pm

Post Nature Boy Florida
Old Time Country Preacher wrote:
What? Hey, if ole Jimmy Lee gits hooked up with the COG, me an him is gonna have to go to Shoneys fer one a em hot fudge cakes.

Going off with Jimmy late at night is what caused a problem in the first place. Be careful ole timer.

(This is just a joke - which judging by the original headline - this whole thread is a joke). Not sure why it is still here.
3/9/23 8:00 am

Post THE LOVE OF GOD
The title of this topic is very misleading. It should be changed. I think it is good he is fellowshipping other people. Friendly Face
3/10/23 6:05 am

Nature Boy Florida wrote:
What? Hey, if ole Jimmy Lee gits hooked up with the COG, me an him is gonna have to go to Shoneys fer one a em hot fudge cakes.

Going off with Jimmy late at night is what caused a problem in the first place. Be careful ole timer.

(This is just a joke - which judging by the original headline - this whole thread is a joke). Not sure why it is still here.

ROFL ROFL ROFL
ROFL ROFL ROFL
Acts-pert Poster
3/11/23 11:14 pm

Post UncleJD
One of JS's associate ministers is brother to one of the TX COG's elder statesmen, hence the tie to Tim Hill. My parents are excited about going to the campmeeting Golf Cart Mafia Consigliere
3/13/23 10:42 am

Post FLRon
Maybe Tim is offering guidance to Jimmy and Gabriel on how to get the JSM Bible school accredited.
3/13/23 3:44 pm

Post I would be doubtful... Aaron Scott
Although the title of the opening post if more akin to click-bait than anything else, it does lend itself to some thoughts....

Jimmy Swaggart is now well-advanced in years. I wouldn't doubt that he realizes that once he is gone, it might not be long until all that is left of him is footnotes.

His son likely does not have the charisma or such to keep the place going.

The Assemblies of God is probably not going to be on any short list, since he likely places much of the blame on them for him not recovering from his fall.

But the Church of God...well, who knows?

A Tim Hill (or someone like him) that took over Swaggart's church at some point, might very well be able to keep it (or make it) a going concern. Tommy Bates would also be straight from central casting for such a place. Both Hill and Bates are great preachers with an exceptional singing ability--and both tend toward a more conservative style of music.

I don't know if it would ever happen, but it would not be utterly out of the question.
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
3/13/23 8:31 pm

Post Re: I would be doubtful... UncleJD
Aaron Scott wrote:
His son likely does not have the charisma or such to keep the place going.

This isn't the case. Donnie has been in charge of JSM for years and shows a strong drive to keep it going. I'm not a fan, but my parents are, and they made the switch to Donnie years ago. Jimmy is only a figure-head for the most part, though still contributes as much as his age allows.
Golf Cart Mafia Consigliere
3/14/23 10:29 am

Post Quiet Wyatt
Of course anything’s possible, but it is hard to imagine why Jimmy or Donnie would be interested in joining any denomination at this point, after being steadily successful in keeping their church and its various ministries thriving for the past two decades.

I for one hope and pray he does not try to join the CoG. I see no upside for the CoG, and only perhaps some benefit to JSM, though that is debatable.

His ‘Message of the Cross’ is basically just an excuse for his moral failures, in my view. He has the nerve to say that it was because he didn’t understand the message of the cross that he consorted with whores. Donnie claims, “Daddy never backslid!”

For all their southern gospel flair, they are nothing but antinomians now.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
3/14/23 11:14 am

Post THE LOVE OF GOD
I watch the program a lot. Not a financial supporter. I believe they are doing a good work. I think it is time for all of us to forgive JS and move on. I don't think they will join the COG or AG or anyone else. I don't think they would take correction from any overseer. JMO
This all happened in 1987-88. That is about 35 yrs ago.
Friendly Face
3/15/23 2:26 am

FLRon wrote:
Maybe Tim is offering guidance to Jimmy and Gabriel on how to get the JSM Bible school accredited.

Ron, son, this here is one a the funniest posts I seen on Acts in a heap a days now.
Acts-pert Poster
3/16/23 10:07 pm

Post OTCP Aaron Scott
I don't get the accreditation thing.??? Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
3/17/23 8:25 am

Post caseyleejones
Not a JS fan but why is any of this bad? I don't agree with all his theology but he is a brother in Christ. God in His mercy sees fit to bring seasoned men his way. We see a snapshot of God and his redemptive mercy here. I hope it works out. Acts-perienced Poster
3/17/23 9:00 am

Post FLRon
FLRon wrote:

Ron, son, this here is one a the funniest posts I seen on Acts in a heap a days now.

Anything to draw you back OTCP
3/17/23 8:18 pm

Post Not a fan JLarry
Not a JS fan, no problem forgiving him just don't care to watch him or Donnie put down almost every preacher who is not in their camp.

Glad to that Tim Hill preaches for him. IMO Bishop Hill is a great man, great preacher and great singer.

No one who died without Christ is happy about their decision.
Acts Mod
3/25/23 4:08 pm

Post Re: OTCP FLRon
Aaron Scott wrote:
I don't get the accreditation thing.???

I was referring to this article:

https://gabrielswaggart.org/articles/rebirth-and-rebuilding
3/26/23 4:08 am

Post Bro Bob
I am still saddened by his sin and how Satan used it.

But I believe God has totally forgiven him. Christians everywhere should do the same.

BB
Golf Cart Mafia Underboss
4/29/23 7:37 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic