Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Above Rubies - Cultish?

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Above Rubies - Cultish? UncleJD
To cut to the chase, I have family members aligned with this movement. At first I thought it was a good, sound, return to wholesome, biblical family values. However, as time goes by, I'm starting to see a few troubling signs. Including a recent assertion that a woman isn't really a Christian if she works outside the home (apparently its OK to run a home business, though I couldn't find any scripture for that one), and yes, it was nearly that verbatim. I was shocked when I read it. Not to say that I don't believe that is the "best" way when possible and if the woman feels God giving that opportunity. But as a condition of salvation?

Last edited by UncleJD on 12/19/22 2:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Golf Cart Mafia Consigliere
12/16/22 7:10 pm

Post Cojak
I have heard very little about 'Above Rubies', on the surface I admire the thoughts and ideas. But what you are saying is OUCH, that is going too far methinks.

Great Ideas and Dreams do get sidetracked when binding something tighter and tighter...

But some rules become IMPOSSIBLE to follow with the family situations in today's world.

But on the surface, Yes the stay at home mom is actually a ery good idea..... When possible...
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
12/16/22 7:47 pm

Post Far Above Rubies FLRon
This is yet another group that claims to adhere to strong Biblical teachings but ventures off into the weeds of legalism with its many “rules” about what women can and cannot do. A quick Google search reveals much to be concerned about.
12/17/22 7:02 pm

Post Re: Far Above Rubies UncleJD
FLRon wrote:
This is yet another group that claims to adhere to strong Biblical teachings but ventures off into the weeds of legalism with its many “rules” about what women can and cannot do. A quick Google search reveals much to be concerned about.

Thanks, I agree. I googled it before posting of course, but most hits that were branding it "cultish" were from feminists or anti-fundamentalist groups who pretty much tag anything they don't like as a cult. I read their concerns and do actually share them, but I'm hoping to get a little more "meat" on the plate, maybe from someone from an actual fundamentalist (though the word is maligned these days), point of view similar to mine. I was hoping our buddy Ralphael Martinez might have something on them, I'll check his website after posting this.
Golf Cart Mafia Consigliere
12/19/22 2:27 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic