Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

New visitors

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post New visitors Preacher777
We are seeing less new visitors compared to the pre-COVID. Several pastors I talk with in our area are dealing with the same situation. Of course, larger churches are more likely to get more first time visitors. Are your churches seeing less people visiting for the first time? Friendly Face
10/15/22 6:09 am

Post Cojak
YES, the churches we attend are seeing less new faces. In the cases in our area of the South, we KNOW of even regular attendees used the Covid era for a chance to change to other churches. We have a few new faces but only because another church in the area was closed......

I know of one AOG in the Eustis, FL area that is seeing NEW FAces and is growing, My son has started attending there and is thrilled at the services and fellowship!

We miss him but he is 'on-fire' and that is what counts..... Cool

PS this is a good post. I would like to know if anyone reading this is/ or has seen GROWTH after Covid?
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
10/15/22 1:13 pm

Post Growth After Covid 4thgeneration
We are seeing growth after Covid. In our most recent membership class we had 34 join in our church family.

That being said, everything is different after covid. To not recognize that fact, and adjust to the new normal, is to cripple the growth potential that is out there. We have become much more focused and intentional on connecting people into our church family. We have adjusted our follow up process, and personalized our connection with new people who come. It's working.

I honestly can't say 100% whether our new visitors numbers are more, less, or about the same. I know that we are continually seeing those new faces, and covid caused us to up our game in connecting people into the church family.

It's the same with giving. We went from about 30% of our giving done electronically, to now almost 60%. We still receive offering as part of worship, but the fact that we have made it easy to give in other ways has ensured that our finances haven't struggled during the changing season of during and after covid.
Acts Enthusiast
10/16/22 8:52 am

Post Re: Growth After Covid Cojak
4thgeneration wrote:
We are seeing growth after Covid. In our most recent membership class we had 34 join in our church family. ...........

Great! That is encouraging... Cool Cool
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
10/16/22 11:54 am

Post shaunbwilson
Per a Barna report released in August, this may be related to the generation(s) a church targets. "[S]ince 2019, the percentage of Millennials reporting weekly church attendance has increased from 21 percent to 39 percent. Among Gen X, attendance has increased 8 percentage points (24% to 32%). While Boomers show an increase in their attendance during the pandemic in 2020 (31% weekly), recent numbers show a decrease in attendance (25% in 2022)."
10/20/22 12:38 pm

Post FLRon
During Covid we actually saw growth even though we were only doing parking lot church. After the lockdown was over we continued to see growth. Unfortunately the growth has not been sustained, and we are at a loss to understand why.

My personal opinion is that during Covid and immediately after, there was a certain level of fear and uncertainty about the future, which caused some to seek a church to attend. Once things returned to some semblance of normalcy, people reverted back to their pre-Covid lives.
10/27/22 9:41 pm

Post We Are Growing FG Minister
Our church was closed for ten weeks at the beginning of Covid (March-May 2020). We re-opened before any other church in our county. Many stayed closed for another year! We got a lot of their members who never went back once they re-opened!

We have gone from pre-Covid attendance of 275 to 350 and our monthly tithe has gone from $30,000 to $51,000 average in 2021. We had 190 get Covid since March 2020, and only three people in their 80's, non-vaccinated, died.
Acts-celerater
10/28/22 4:13 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic