Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

How is everyone feeling following General Assembly?

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post How is everyone feeling following General Assembly? RevTrev92
How is everyone feeling following the General Assembly? I know many are exhausted from the conversation, some of them disgusted, and others are sad and concerned for the future of the Church of God.

For myself, I've been in this church going on 31 years (my whole life) and I couldn't believe some of the things I heard at this General Assembly. It was a heated debate over many different topics. I didn't get to go because of work and COVID-19 though I plan on being in Indianapolis in 2024.

What are your thoughts? God ultimately holds our future, but what is your view for the future of the Church of God?

I'm a young, millennial Church of God minister (Ordained Bishop) and I'm curious.
8/9/22 7:11 am

Post THE LOVE OF GOD
I couldn't go this year but I hope someone strips that guy who was promoting gender pronouns of his ordained bishop license. I could not believe what he had to say. Glad it was not approved but I could not believe that he was an ordained bishop and a professor (i believe) at Lee. I watched it on line.
I thought Bro. Hill did a good job narrating the meetings. He really looked tired by the end of the week.
Friendly Face
8/9/22 9:44 am

Post Quiet Wyatt
Alienated. Not about any of the items that passed, though I was disappointed but not surprised that the measure to include female ordained ministers to sit in the General Council did not pass. Just alienated in general. Probably will never attend another. Not sure about my future in the CoG really. The big problem as I see it is we don’t love one another, so we are not actually His disciples. [Insert Acts Pun Here]
8/14/22 2:08 pm

Post Da Sheik
I think as a whole, we are biblically illiterate. And I think many of our pastors are like photographs; underdeveloped and overexposed. Acts Enthusiast
9/3/22 1:17 pm

Post Cojak
Da Sheik wrote:
I think as a whole, we are biblically illiterate. And I think many of our pastors are like photographs; underdeveloped and overexposed.

MMMMM very possibly correct about many positions, from the top to the pew. Embarassed Crying or Very sad
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
9/3/22 8:13 pm

Post Carolyn Smith
I've been in the COG since I was 10 years old...have attended a couple of non-denominational churches for short periods of time. I love the COG though I miss the family feel (as many have said) that my generation enjoyed when I was a young person. Our local church has it, but the denomination as a whole doesn't...not the way it was when I was growing up. Then if you were COG, you were family, even if it was a church across the state or even in a different state.

Though I was disappointed in the vote re: female ministers, it was encouraging to hear the vote was 50/50 this time. A 2/3's majority vote is required, but the 50/50 vote was an improvement from the last vote.I know the people against it believe there is a Biblical basis, but the NT clearly shows the involvement of women since the Upper Room.

And something no one has mentioned to my knowledge is that women bring a completely different outlook to the table. Men and women think so differently...it seems like the perspective of women might be a welcome change.
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
9/4/22 10:25 pm

Post Cojak
Carolyn Smith wrote:
...... Men and women think so differently...it seems like the perspective of women might be a welcome change.

Cool

I also agree with the missing family feel within the COG as a whole. I was born into the COG and have so many SWEET memories of good folks and some GREAT PASTORS>>.....
We don't do homecomings any more, maybe that is progress, because most folks go out for Sunday Dinner. Smile
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
9/5/22 7:56 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic