Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Who will be going to City Life?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Who will be going to City Life? MissTex
This will set off another round of musical chairs. New Member
7/26/22 3:49 pm

Post Nature Boy Florida
Where should I send my resume?
7/27/22 7:03 am

Post RE: Rick Metzgar Jr
I think we are in a progressive enough era of time that he could still Pastor there honestly. I don't know why he can't do both? He can hire an executive Pastor to handle the day-to-day and he can preach once or twice a month there. I'm all for that. Golf Cart Mafia Associate
7/27/22 3:44 pm

Post revuriah

Revuriah's Facebook
http://www.facebook.com/people/Jeff-Richard/1226257444

Jeffrey David Richard's Myspace Music
www.myspace.com/547856946

Last edited by revuriah on 7/28/22 7:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Golf Cart Mafia Underboss
7/28/22 9:55 am

Post Nature Boy Florida
I would also be in favor of him doing both.
7/28/22 11:02 am

Post Quiet Wyatt
I believe he will try to do both for some time. As I recall, Paul Walker stayed at Mt Paran for a good while after being elected GO, didn’t he? [Insert Acts Pun Here]
7/31/22 1:31 am

Post Lee Roy Brown
Not in favor of him doing both. The council didn’t elect him to do both they elected him to a job that is full time. Pastoring a church of over 5000 is for sure full time. Collecting a double salary for doing 2 jobs when one or both will suffer isn’t what the council and assembly had in mind. If Tony wanted to stay as pastor he should have declined the nomination. Friendly Face
7/31/22 2:14 pm

Post RE Rick Metzgar Jr
That’s what it really is about. These jealous Pastors aren’t in favor of him doing both because they are only seeing the dollar signs. It’s always about the money more often than practical. Golf Cart Mafia Associate
7/31/22 2:54 pm

Post Rick... Aaron Scott
Tony Stewart is a wonderful guy. I love his preaching and his personality. And while some ministers are such that they can handle a full-time pastorate AND serve at the international level, it would be utterly wearing.

Typically, the guys who go international relinquish their church. If term limits keep them from continuing to serve (as it did for Mark Williams), these guys will usually take a church such as North Cleveland, Metro, Westmore, or the such...until they are elected to some office again.

I dare say that it would be far easier for Tony to do both if he was pastoring in Cleveland. But to commute from Tampa to Cleveland and other points would be quite trying. If ANYONE knows what it means to take an international office, it's Tony.

Again, I don't at all mind if he does both, but I think it would be incredibly challenging.

As for men who might want Tony's church because of jealousy and dollar signs, I don't know about that. I know ministers have to think about their salary, but I have all I can handle with my little handful of members, let alone doing what Tony does. And anyone who applies for the church for money reasons...I sincerely hope they don't get the job. They need to be doing it because they feel the Lord could use them there.

Besides, there are only a handful of ministers that would have the chops for such a place--and they are typically already pastoring large churches. We have some of the old schoolers (e.g., Floyd Lawhon) who could handle it, but most of them are retired or gone on.
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
7/31/22 4:38 pm

Post Re: RE Lee Roy Brown
Rick Metzgar Jr wrote:
That’s what it really is about. These jealous Pastors aren’t in favor of him doing both because they are only seeing the dollar signs. It’s always about the money more often than practical.

I only mentioned money because I believe that it’s “practically” impossible to do both jobs. So one job or both jobs would suffer but he would get money for doing both when in fact it’s just impossible. It’s actually offensive to do both. He is saying that pastoring his church wasn’t full time or doing the job of an assistant general overseer isn’t full time. To do both is to say that each job isn’t really full time in and of itself. I believe that is wrong.
Friendly Face
8/2/22 10:34 am

Post Sincere question... bigdubbz
What does the 2nd General Overseer actually do that requires leaving his church?

With technology the way it is it seems totally plausible to do both.

I for sure know what doesn't need to happen - turning the incredible church that CityLife is over to an administrative placeholder. That would be most tragic.
Friendly Face
8/2/22 10:42 am

Post georgiapath
The list says that Toney Stewart is 2nd. assistant. The two above him are not pastors, how much work would there be to the job. Acts-dicted
8/2/22 12:01 pm

Post Re:georgiapath 4thgeneration
georgiapath wrote:
The list says that Toney Stewart is 2nd. assistant. The two above him are not pastors, how much work would there be to the job.

Each Assistant has a Division of the church they oversee, departments of the church, boards and committees for which they serve as a liaison. Add to that the travel schedule for preaching and other official roles, and it is certainly a work intensive role.

I do, however, feel that it is in the church's best interest for Tony to take the time needed to transition. Paul Walker did so and left a strong church that continued to grow. Another leader abruptly left their church, and it has not done well since.

I don't want to see both places suffer, or Tony's health, marriage and family suffer from his being over tasked in attempting to do both for the long term.
Acts Enthusiast
8/2/22 1:25 pm

Post Nature Boy Florida
SO much can be done remotely nowadays - theat he could easily stay in Tampa most of the time.

Get an admiistrative pastor - and be the vision and preaching guy.

He would travel to do what his administrative duties require for the Genera church.

Many AG state overseers still pastor a church.

Not sure this would be any harder.
8/2/22 2:21 pm

Post THE LOVE OF GOD
Does anyone know who is pastoring his church? I checked the Fl statistics and he is still listed as Pastor in Sept. Friendly Face
12/11/22 3:09 am

Post Re: Rick... Isa 58:12
Aaron Scott wrote:
We have some of the old schoolers (e.g., Floyd Lawhon
. Floyd Lawhon Is still around? Wow that’s great, I used to go to his church in orange county I went to Y’srael with him, Perry Stone from what I remember used to go to his church when he was young, I have a bunch of Perry Stone VHS tapes when he was like 18 years old in Floyd Lawhon’s church, it’s good to hear that name again Very Happy
12/11/22 5:35 am

Post Isa...where is Y'srael? Aaron Scott
I'm pretty good at geography, but I cannot recall that country (city?). Help a brother out. Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
12/11/22 3:37 pm

Post Re: Isa...where is Y'srael? Nature Boy Florida
Aaron Scott wrote:
I'm pretty good at geography, but I cannot recall that country (city?). Help a brother out.

Part of the secret Pharasaical code.

Yor name is AAAA-ron.
Mine is Nytyre Bo'.
12/12/22 7:57 am

Post Cojak
Was City Life organized or founded by Sister Brannen many years ago. I think I had heard Fred Brannen mention that before his death. If so she is still living in Cleveland and near 100 yrs old.
Does anyone know for sure? Smile
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
12/12/22 5:25 pm

Post Re: Isa...where is Y'srael? Isa 58:12
Nature Boy Florida wrote:
Aaron Scott wrote:
I'm pretty good at geography, but I cannot recall that country (city?). Help a brother out.

Part of the secret Pharasaical code.

Yor name is AAAA-ron.
Mine is Nytyre Bo'.

Rolling Eyes well please pastor, explain 2 me how u think I’m a Pharisee? & btw, when I said OMG & u all freaked out, did u ever think I could b saying o my GOSH!!! Rolling Eyes ridiculous lol. Can you guys just have a Bible conversation?
12/12/22 6:37 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic