Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Roe v Wade aborted

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Roe v Wade aborted Nature Boy Florida
I didn't think I would live to see the day.

Thank you Donald Trump for delivering on your promise.

Sad that it is only 5-4 opinion - as apparently Roberts likes abortion more than we thought - so it is a tenuous decision at this point.
6/24/22 9:39 am

Post Trump was a trainwreck...who delivered. Aaron Scott
That's why he's not a politician...he actually delivers. Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
6/24/22 2:11 pm

Post georgiapath
I didn't think it would ever happen either. Acts-dicted
6/25/22 5:47 am

Post MrSippi
I was not a Donald Trump fan at all, but I believe the appointment of three Justices to the Supreme Court was a blessing that prepared us for this moment! Friendly Face
6/28/22 5:21 pm

Post UncleJD
This doesn't change much/enough ... YET
But it does:
1. Force the topic to the front at all churches. So if you didn't hear anything this last Sunday about abortion, when it is THE topic of all conversation on the media and online, then you just found out something about your church leadership. (I'm speaking to myself unfortunately as my church said zip. I'm giving them one more Sunday)
2. With the hyper-militants all charged up, we'll be hearing and seeing violence against Christians on an unprecedented scale in America
3. Force states to confront abortion, leading to the chance to add/enforce laws against it.
4. HOPEFULLY, stirs up the devil enough to make another mistake and get a case to the SCOTUS to establish the unborn as protected living humans under the Constitution. THAT more than anything will ultimately render any laws allowing the killing of the unborn for reasons of convenience, to be inherently illegal. (otherwise we'll see laws introduced in Congress codifying Roe v Wade or worse)
Golf Cart Mafia Consigliere
6/29/22 11:51 am

Post Link
[quote="UncleJD"]This doesn't change much/enough ... YET
But it does:
1. Force the topic to the front at all churches. So if you didn't hear anything this last Sunday about abortion, when it is THE topic of all conversation on the media and online, then you just found out something about your church leadership. (I'm speaking to myself unfortunately as my church said zip. I'm giving them one more Sunday)[/quote\

I heard a comment on it in church last week. I think it was worth mentioning to praise God for answered prayer, if nothing else.

Quote:

2. With the hyper-militants all charged up, we'll be hearing and seeing violence against Christians on an unprecedented scale in America

Let's hope not. I read there were some bombings of pregnancy centers and rocks thrown at them--- centers that give pregnant mothers who decide to give birth maternity clothes, lend them cribs, etc. That's pretty evil. Let's pray the violence dies down and protestors lose interest.

It's a good thing we weren't several months into a lockdown when the decision came out. Last time, idle hands and minds found something to protest about, there were lots of riots.

Quote:

4. HOPEFULLY, stirs up the devil enough to make another mistake and get a case to the SCOTUS to establish the unborn as protected living humans under the Constitution. THAT more than anything will ultimately render any laws allowing the killing of the unborn for reasons of convenience, to be inherently illegal. (otherwise we'll see laws introduced in Congress codifying Roe v Wade or worse)

They could very well do that. The 14th amendment is a bit ambiguous as to whether it is supposed to protect human life or the life of citizens. Do states have the power to make people US citizens? If there were a true land slide of conservatives elected to the house and senate and a conservative president, the Congress might be able to solve this by passing a law the citizenship is offered prior to birth.

But if Congress tried to legislate the content of Roe versus Wade, the SCOTUS could hypothetically strike it down.

I have been praying for judges on the SCOTUS to be more activist. I hope they eventually reverse the gay marriage thing and also to decide the '60's laws that protect against discrimination on the basis of sex refer to biological sex and do not protect this weird trans stuff. If they were politically minded, they might wait until a conservative president were elected.
Acts-perienced Poster
7/1/22 9:12 am

Post Re: Roe v Wade aborted Link
Nature Boy Florida wrote:
I didn't think I would live to see the day.

Thank you Donald Trump for delivering on your promise.

Sad that it is only 5-4 opinion - as apparently Roberts likes abortion more than we thought - so it is a tenuous decision at this point.

My wife and I were speculating last night and wondering if this came during the Biden administration so God could get the glory for answering the prayers, not Donald Trump.
Acts-perienced Poster
7/1/22 9:13 am

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic