Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Grounds for Divorce?

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Grounds for Divorce? Aaron Scott
I read of a woman who said she'd rather get a divorce that name her unborn twin sons after characters in Minecraft (which her husband is intent on doing). The names are Notch and Jeb.

But let me take it up a notch.... What if a husband was dead set on naming he and his wife's unborn twin sons something like Hitler and Judas? or Vermin and Scum? You get the idea.

Let's assume there was nothing that could be done to stop him doing so. Would you consider this grounds for divorce? Is this a form of child abuse, since it will make the children the object of scorn, bullies, and the such?

I'm not sure the woman could morally remarry (although she could always get forgiveness, I suppose), but I'm thinking that it might be best for the children, since they clearly have a father who is deeply disturbed.

Thoughts?
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
6/2/22 10:54 am

Post Nature Boy Florida
"Sue" wasn't available?
6/2/22 3:07 pm

Post Cojak
I learned later in life that my Grandpa at the beginning of the 1900s named the first two sons after Frank and Jesse James. Both men became solid citizens. Of course they were not named the full name, so Jesse and Frank are normal. BUT a local man in a neighboing town is named Jessie James Gib------. His rap sheet is long with a lot of felonies and is constantly in the local paper. Jesse's brother was a well know COG pastor in NC. He was not named after anyone of notoriety.

Thank goodness daddy was named Frank Benjamin instead of Frank James Darnell. He later changed his name (unofficially) to Benjamin Franklin.

Not sure about grounds for divorce, but the name WILL (possibly) make a difference.... Cool
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
6/2/22 4:26 pm

Post georgiapath
Nature Boy Florida wrote:
"Sue" wasn't available?

Laughing Laughing Laughing
Acts-dicted
6/2/22 6:20 pm

Post georgiapath
I think I would have realized long before that, that he was disturded. Laughing Laughing Acts-dicted
6/2/22 6:23 pm

Post Georgiapath...yep Aaron Scott
georgiapath wrote:
I think I would have realized long before that, that he was disturded. Laughing Laughing

I would agree! But assuming she didn't know, what then?
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
6/4/22 7:28 am

Post georgiapath
Good question Laughing Acts-dicted
6/4/22 2:53 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic