Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Part of the 90 and 9

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Part of the 90 and 9 Cojak
I have a grandson I am very proud of. He went thru college and came out top in his class with money in the bank and not owing anything.

Problem was he had become an alcoholic. He worked several jobs, one was the music director of a large Baptist church.

One Sunday we decided to visit Unity Baptist to worship with them. At church time nothing happened. after about 5 minutes one of the deacons went out to locate the pastor.

He came back, lead in prayer, had someone lead in a congregational singing, and SORTA went thru the service. He announced the pastor was being a real shepherd and would be out soon.
We never did see the grandson. Near 12 the pastor did come out and delivered a short sermon and thanked everyone for their patience and continued prayer.

We learned later, our grandson showed up to do his job and apparently had been drinking. Instead of vilifying, Joe, the pastor, left the 90 and 9 and spent most of the morning one on one praying and talking with Josh. After the church had emptied, he drove him home, later delivered his car home.

Josh had one back-slide but became a solid citizen and Christian. He is now a dedicated husband and father.

He testifies to many, especially alcoholics and has led some to Christ. I am proud of him and pastor Joe at Unity.

I know many of you have taken similar actions, I remember one my dad used wisdom with and he became a success in the COG as a missionary.
Walt Moody was a good friend, he took time with Bro. Raymond Culpepper back when he was a drinking man.

I wanted to say you guys who give of your selves may not know, but someone is thankful you took the time with them or their loved ones. And of course the SHEPHERD Himself will remember always.
Love you guys.

Of course Josh did not continue as music director at Unity, but with Joe's help moved to another church and became active there.
If you are saved and you know it say AMEN!
Cool
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
3/19/22 3:11 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic