Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Dallas, NC COG "This Blood." Very Inspiring. NOTICE several things they GET RIGHT in their video.

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Dallas, NC COG "This Blood." Very Inspiring. NOTICE several things they GET RIGHT in their video. doyle
THE OPENING graphic shows for about 30 seconds before singing begins. It is worth the brief delay. While waiting, notice several important things the Dallas church GETS RIGHT about its videos to YouTube.

When this video was shot, they were using some of the best camera equipment at the time. "Good equipment" does not have to mean "very expensive." Look into what is known as "Go-Pro" cameras. Viewers are welcome to share their ideas or preference for Video Cameras.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lcrKzcLZ9G8

DO NOT POST VIDEOS SHOWING EMPTY SEATS
Notice, the Dallas COG showed people instead of empty seats. The choir area was crowded which established to the Viewer that a lot of people go there.

Only after that was established, did they go to a "Wide Shot" which showed a few empty seats. However, if was obvious those seats were empty because of so many in the choir.

An effort was made to fill with people, the area being filmed. If you have a smaller crowd, tell them in advance that you are going to film the service.

They are the Cast: For the filming, ask everybody to move to the front and sit near each other. No empty seats showing. If you have ever watched Jimmy Swaggart, when their crowd is down, they actually turn down the lights in areas of the church with empty seats. Not showing empty seats is that important.

Place the camera behind the people in the audience; facing the camera towards the front of the church. Teach your camera men and women how to "Shoot" so the "Frame" of the camera lens is filled with people. This is called a "Tight shot."

EMPTY SEATS CAN STILL "SCREAM"
Posting a video that shows empty seats, will actually hurt your Viewer-Response and your church. People do not want to go where nobody is going. To the Viewer, empty seats scream, "Not much happening here."

It is better NOT TO Post a video than to Post one with empty seats.

The Thumbnail is the smaller image Viewers see first. If the Thumbnail is not attractive, the Viewer will turn away. If they turn away, we do not get an opportunity to speak to or worship with them. There are a lot of free videos on YouTube about "Thumbnail" design.

The Dallas, NC church makes a pre-determined effort to have a design for their videos." They developed a graphic and have a color design in mind. Somebody put in a lot of time and effort. Even though this video is now somewhat dated, their effort still shows.

Doyle
writedoyle@mail.com

Last edited by doyle on 2/13/22 1:04 am; edited 1 time in total
Acts-celerate Owner
2/10/22 2:27 pm

Post Perhaps the best choir in the entire Church of God Aaron Scott
I've heard some great singing, but you won't find any better than what the Dallas COG puts out. Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
2/12/22 10:21 pm

Post Re: Perhaps the best choir in the entire Church of God FLRon
Aaron Scott wrote:
I've heard some great singing, but you won't find any better than what the Dallas COG puts out.

I agree. I’ve heard a lot of COG choirs but those folks flat know how to bring it!
2/25/22 1:20 pm

Post Re: Perhaps the best choir in the entire Church of God MrSippi
Aaron Scott wrote:
I've heard some great singing, but you won't find any better than what the Dallas COG puts out.

I see several people here sharing their videos and saying the same thing. I guess it is just a style preference, but I really don't care for it and probably would not enjoy it all the time. That doesn't mean that it isn't great for those who enjoy that older style. It is just not for everyone. Some people share their videos as if everyone should sing that way again. I think it is more nostalgia for those who are up 1960's-1990's with this kind of singing.

God bless Dallas COG. I am not against them. I just personally don't care for it.
Friendly Face
2/26/22 2:59 pm

Post Re: Perhaps the best choir in the entire Church of God FLRon
MrSippi wrote:
Aaron Scott wrote:

I see several people here sharing their videos and saying the same thing. I guess it is just a style preference, but I really don't care for it and probably would not enjoy it all the time. That doesn't mean that it isn't great for those who enjoy that older style. It is just not for everyone. Some people share their videos as if everyone should sing that way again. I think it is more nostalgia for those who are up 1960's-1990's with this kind of singing.

God bless Dallas COG. I am not against them. I just personally don't care for it.

Personally I like a lot of different styles of gospel music. I don’t care for full on lights and fog machines however but hey, if others do more power to them. Our church does 95% old time music and to be honest I get tired of it sometimes. When we have a singing group it’s always quartet style, one of my least favorite types.
I play several instruments and I can tell you that I love the melodies and complex chords in some of the newer music but our older saints want nothing to do with anything newer. So, I play them here at home and have a little church here.
3/5/22 6:31 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic