Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

As a Christian are you...

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post As a Christian are you... Cojak
1. Concerned about the thousands of people who want to come into this country but are poor, hungry and cannot come in legally because of LAWS?

2. Are you concerned about those who 'enter this country illegally, even if they are devout Christians and attend a COG in your neighborhood?

3. Is it unChristian to turn the hungry people away and say 'Go back where you came from and make your country free!"

4. Should Open Borders be a Christian's attitude?

5. If you are for CLOSED Borders, are you a REAL Christian and not compassionate?

Before going any further I want to say this:
I have told my wife many times, If I was black, I would probably be militant. I have lived in towns that did not allow blacks on the streets after dark. They could not work, own land nor live within the city limits. I NEVER attended school with a black kid. They attended the run down schools.

I have been in Haiti and Mexico (many other countries but these were the least fortunate). I have told my wife MANY times, if I lived here I would spend my life trying to get into the USA legally or illegally, and I mean it.

I respect Loran, and since this Covid mess we have listened to him and our local pastor a lot. But the other night Loran made a long impassionate statement about Being a Christian First, a citizen of the USA 2nd. He spoke about the hungry crying people on our southern border. He recalled all the blood letting of our country, from killing Indians, slavery, Civil War, all the blood this country has shed, 'The USA is covered in blood." I was with him, but in the end I thought he was ashamed to be in a country that allowed him to speak. It bothered me.

Now I ask, what is your opinion of the first few questions I posted?

This is not saying Loran is WRONG, I want honest Christians' opinions. I have thought and prayed about this a lot.
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
3/2/22 10:40 pm

Post FLRon
1. I truly do feel compassion for anyone wanting to come to America to make a better life but are unable to do so for various reasons. I am conflicted however about those who come illegally. America has an immigration policy. Why can’t people respect that and abide by it? The answer of course is that there are far more wanting to come here than our current policy allows.

2. I am concerned about anyone entering our country illegally, Christian or not. In today’s world we cannot assume everyone coming here is doing so for the right reasons. America had a lot of enemies, any of which would love to inflict terror upon our citizens.

3. Jesus said that the poor would always be with us, and I am a strong believer in helping to alleviate the suffering of the poor. In my opinion it is unChristlike to not share food with the poor and hungry in this world. America had a long history of feeding the world, something we should continue to do as much as possible.

4. Open borders in a time when terrorists are running around like they are is inviting disaster. We must always be compassionate and sympathetic to the plight of the poor, but we cannot be fools at the same time. America has a responsibility to protect its citizens after all.

5. Preferring closed borders is not unChristian. It is responsible and prudent to secure our borders while still maintaining compassion for those less fortunate. Being as “wise as serpents and as harmless as doves” is more relevant today than ever before in my opinion.
3/3/22 7:49 am

Post UncleJD
there comes a point if we just fling open our borders, when our country will be just as bad off as any others, at which time you will not be able to be compassionate and help anyone else, at home or abroad. It is not the government's job to take care of the world, only their country. You and I can, and should be taking care of as many people as you can (here or "there").

As for America "covered in blood", that is the case with EVERY country on Earth no? People that come at me with that mantra are usually trying to make excuse for their hate for country, or a class of people who they blame for their problems. America has done more good than any other country in History as well (year for year), and for that reason, rather than actually destroying it by opening the borders to whoever wants to come in without doing it the legal way, I prefer to aspire to the adage, "America is great, because America is good" (an observation made by a foreigner, btw).
Golf Cart Mafia Consigliere
3/3/22 10:38 am

Post Cojak
UncleJD wrote:
there comes a point if we just fling open our borders, when our country will be just as bad off as any others, at which time you will not be able to be compassionate and help anyone else, at home or abroad. It is not the government's job to take care of the world, only their country. You and I can, and should be taking care of as many people as you can (here or "there").

As for America "covered in blood", that is the case with EVERY country on Earth no? People that come at me with that mantra are usually trying to make excuse for their hate for country, or a class of people who they blame for their problems. America has done more good than any other country in History as well (year for year), and for that reason, rather than actually destroying it by opening the borders to whoever wants to come in without doing it the legal way, I prefer to aspire to the adage, "America is great, because America is good" (an observation made by a foreigner, btw).

Agreed my friend. I feel I am a Christian Citizen...
I also think along the lines of FLR above.

I hope to see more folks chime in....

Last edited by Cojak on 3/4/22 8:25 pm; edited 2 times in total
3/4/22 12:13 am

Post Some thoughts.... Aaron Scott
We should be as gracious and fair as we can be. As for fairness, it's not fair that thousands have lined up to come to America legally, but other skip right around that and cross the border illegally.

NOT because they are in terror of their lives, running from the cartels, are desperate for religious freedom. Because while there may be SOME that come for that reason, most are coming for "a better life."

That is a good and noble reason. But it is NOT a good enough reason to skip the legal line and come into the Unites States illegally.

It's one thing to not have all you want. It is another thing entirely to not have enough to live on. In the latter case, I could excuse someone skipping the line, for they are desperate. But simply wanting...more...is not a good enough reason to cheat your way into America. It is a good enough reason to want to come to American LEGALLY...but it is NOT a good enough reason to come ILLEGALLY.

As for those who go on about such things, all we have to do is tell them to leave their doors unlocked so passersby who want a bite to eat...or want their recliner...or want to watch some TV can drop in any time. See if that works for them.

Just as a caretaker has to protect their physical and mental health so that they can continue to care for a sick person, so, too, does a nation have to have some limits, otherwise that nation gets to the place where all the good they have been doing can no longer be done.

Just as each one of us loves other folks, that does not mean your first allegiance must be to your family (we're talking earthly things here). Yes, you're willing to lend a helping hand when you can, but your family comes first.

The same with the American family. We love our brothers and sister around the world. And if they are in desperate, dire circumstances and slip into America, that's understandable. But at some point, just like families will do across the world tonight, they will bolt their doors and seek to protect their family. So will America.
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
3/4/22 5:49 pm

Post Re: Some thoughts.... Cojak
Aaron Scott wrote:
We should be as gracious and fair as we can be. As for fairness, it's not fair that thousands have lined up to come to America legally, but other skip right around that and cross the border illegally.

The same with the American family. We love our brothers and sister around the world. And if they are in desperate, dire circumstances and slip into America, that's understandable. But at some point, just like families will do across the world tonight, they will bolt their doors and seek to protect their family. So will America.

Very well expressed, I do like how you said it, and it does make sense. THANKS Good thoughts here. Wink
Cool
3/4/22 8:23 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic