Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

SUICIDE: Miss America 2019 stunned everybody. Has a relative or friend taken their own life? We have time to listen.

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post SUICIDE: Miss America 2019 stunned everybody. Has a relative or friend taken their own life? We have time to listen. doyle
MISS AMERICA 2019 was highly-intelligent, wealthy, successful, popular and beautiful. She had earned a Master's Degree and was an Attorney.

Being Crowned Miss America was a dream fulfilled. She had everything to live for. By society's standards, she was a WINNER in every way.

https://www.the-sun.com/news/4578753/miss-usa-cheslie-kryst-suicide-horror-video/

In years past, it was believed that people who commit suicide, were somehow mentally destabilized. In some cases, that may be true. However, in recent years, Mental Health advocates, have begun to realize that those who commit suicide are often very "Rational" in their reasoning and planning.

FOR WE WHO LOVE THEM, that makes it even more difficult. We can understand if someone cracks under the pressures of life, but we struggle deeply with any possibility that they may have been rational.

Indeed, there are probably cases of someone just "Flying off the handle" and hurting themselves. Even so, there is often long-term planning as to how, when and where. Many labor long over the choice of words for the note they leave behind. They make certain to leave the note where it can be easily found.

To his surprise, one of the more than 1,500 who have leaped off the SF Golden Gate Bridge since it opened Thursday, May 27, 1937, did survive. He later shared about driving more than a thousand miles to get to the bridge. He then drove across the bridge both ways eight times.

Parking his car in a safe place, he walked to the center of the bridge, which is 4.5 miles long, and leaped off.

GRIEF ON STEROIDS
Whatever the reason and whether the person was rational or not, for we who loved them, it is devastating. Was it a case that they couldn't handle the pressures of life, or just did not want to?

MOST OF US have had relatives, friends or associates who took their own life. One of my favorite Uncles shot himself. A Pastor friend ran a hose from his car tailpipe into the car. They found him sitting in the car with a note in his lap. The 800 who attended the Assembly of God church he pastored, were totally shocked.

His note read, "I'm tired and want to go home to be with Jesus."

O my gracious. Whether intentionally killing ones self is a highway to heaven or not, has been debated for at least 5,000 years. Regardless the answer, we weep, hurt, grieve, groan, mourn and sometimes ALL AT THE SAME TIME.

As the initial shock lessens some, I try to look beyond the tragic suicide moment and remember the larger mosaic of their life. Their presence in my life was a wonderful, positive influence. Without the richness of their presence...

THE ABSENCE OF YOUR PRESENCE
Their smiles, laughter, times of fellowship and fun together, ENRICHED life and made it even more enjoyable. The moment they hurt themselves is heartbreaking, but memory of them is still vivid and vibrant. They were a blessing to my life. Their memory still is.

FELLOW TRAVELERS
If you are hurting from the loss of a friend or Loved One by suicide, we are fellow travelers. My contact info is below. I'm a good listener. Sharing your feelings can being the healing process. Anything shared is held in total confidence.

By "Healing Process," I do not mean forgetting. Trying to forget is fruitless. We simply cannot do it. And why would we want to forget someone we loved and who loved us? Healing is when we can remember without that tragic moment overwhelming the preciousness of our memory of them.

**This is a discussion group. Your input, agree or not, is welcome.

Chaplain Doyle
writedoyle@gmail.com

Last edited by doyle on 2/4/22 5:04 pm; edited 5 times in total
Acts-celerate Owner
1/31/22 2:50 pm

Post Cojak
Many contemplate suicide I think. Then think long and hard and let it go until the next session of stress. Contemplating the act at times eases the stress because it makes you think of those left.
But, yes, over the years many suicides have shocked me.
I had a cousin, a lady, commit suicide by gun, unusual for females I think.

Crying or Very sad
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
1/31/22 7:56 pm

Post georgiapath
That is so sad. I cannot imagine feeling like life is not worth living. Acts-dicted
2/5/22 9:58 am

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic