Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Many Believe Ark Of The Covenant Is In Ethiopia

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Many Believe Ark Of The Covenant Is In Ethiopia News & Views
https://www.tabletmag.com/sections/history/articles/ark-covenant-ethiopia
1/11/22 4:04 pm

Post I've Been to the Place FG Minister
It's in Aksum, Ethiopia. I was there at Easter a few years ago. A lot of pomp and circumstance at that time of year by the Ethiopian Orthodox. They have a church built around what they say is the Ark of the Covenant. Very interesting. I think there are five locations in the world that claim the Ark. Acts-celerater
1/11/22 4:08 pm

Post They literally claim the Ark is inside of a particular church Aaron Scott
They typically have a specially-appointed minister/priest/pastor that overseers the safety of the Ark. No, you cannot go in an photograph it.

To ME, that means that it either really is inside, and they respect it too much to allow for any sort of commercialization...or it really isn't inside.

But I have no reason to think the latter--they have claimed this for centuries, I believe.
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
1/12/22 11:37 am

Post Hmmmm roughridercog
Road trip?
1/14/22 4:50 pm

Post According to the Temple Institute MikeBarnes
https://templeinstitute.org/

I have visited Jerusalem many times and always save time to visitute the institute located just above the Western Wall plaza in the Old City. These Haisidic Jews have replicated all the articles necessary to reinstate Temple worship including the sacrifices. They have made the High Priests garments, the solid gold Candlestick (menorah), everything including the dna of the high priest and Levites so they can discern those who can perform the Temple Worship. They have everything necessary except the ark. Remember that during the time of Herods Temple there was no ark, no Presence and yet the rituals were observed. But when asked about the ark their answer is that Josiah hid it under the Temple mount (which is honeycombed with caves and tunnels). Searches under the mount are being conducted even now in spite of the fact that the Muslims (waqf) control the top of the mount. In the opinion of the Jews, the ark will be found when the Temple is built or when God says it's time. Probably the right answer I would say.
1/16/22 3:46 pm

Post Re: According to the Temple Institute spartanfan
MikeBarnes wrote:
https://templeinstitute.org/

I have visited Jerusalem many times and always save time to visitute the institute located just above the Western Wall plaza in the Old City. These Haisidic Jews have replicated all the articles necessary to reinstate Temple worship including the sacrifices. They have made the High Priests garments, the solid gold Candlestick (menorah), everything including the dna of the high priest and Levites so they can discern those who can perform the Temple Worship. They have everything necessary except the ark. Remember that during the time of Herods Temple there was no ark, no Presence and yet the rituals were observed. But when asked about the ark their answer is that Josiah hid it under the Temple mount (which is honeycombed with caves and tunnels). Searches under the mount are being conducted even now in spite of the fact that the Muslims (waqf) control the top of the mount. In the opinion of the Jews, the ark will be found when the Temple is built or when God says it's time. Probably the right answer I would say.

I like what you wrote but with one exception. I have been to the Temple Institute that you are referring to 16 times. The first 14 times the audio message at the end of the presentation did say that they did not have the Ark of the Covenant in their possession, as you stated. But the last 2 times I was there they changed it to "We now have the Ark of the Covenant in our possession..."
Golf Cart Mafia Underboss
1/26/22 2:18 pm

Post That would be a bombshell if true MikeBarnes
I have obviously not heard them say that. I was last there in Nov of 2019 and am planning to go back as soon as they relax their entrance protocol as I am not vaxxed but do have antibodies. Israel just last week started making it a bit easier to get in as their economy has been devastated by the lack of tourism. Anyway, I will be curious to hear what they say although I'm not saying you're not right. If that is true that they have the ark it would be a game changer. Member
1/29/22 4:34 pm

Post Spartanfan, I was skeptical... Aaron Scott
I hate to admit it, but I thought what you said was some of the stuff that I'd heard others say that didn't pan out. But then I searched for the Temple Institute website. Assuming they are legit, this is what it says (after the website):

https://templeinstitute.org/?s=ark+of+the+covenant

Quote:
Where is the Ark of the Covenant Located?

The Ark of the Covenant is one of the most fascinating of all Temple-related subjects. There are many theories about what happened to the Ark of the Covenant, and speculation abounds as to its actual location. Some people think it was taken to the Vatican, together with other Temple vessels, such as those depicted on the Roman monument, the Arch of Titus. There are many authentic, ancient historical chronicles, and even more popular legends, that attest to many sacred vessels having been taken away to Rome. However, this does not apply to the most holy feature of the First Temple, the Ark.

While some claim to have evidence that the ark is in Ethiopia, and of course, moviegoers were treated to a fanciful version of the story in "Raiders of the Lost Ark," in reality, the expression "lost" ark is not an accurate description for the Jewish people's point of view - because we have always known exactly where it is. So the Ark is "Hidden," and hidden quite well, but it is not lost.

Tradition records that even as King Solomon built the First Temple, he already knew, through Divine inspiration, that eventually it would be destroyed. Thus Solomon, the wisest of all men, oversaw the construction of a vast system of labyrinths, mazes, chambers and corridors underneath the Temple Mount complex. He commanded that a special place be built in the bowels of the earth, where the sacred vessels of the Temple could be hidden in case of approaching danger. Midrashic tradition teaches that King Josiah of Israel, who lived about forty years before the destruction of the First Temple, commanded the Levites to hide the Ark, together with the original menorah and several other items*, in this secret hiding place which Solomon had prepared.

This location is recorded in our sources, and today, there are those who know exactly where this chamber is. And we know that the ark is still there, undisturbed, and waiting for the day when it will be revealed. An attempt was made some few years ago to excavate towards the direction of this chamber. This resulted in widespread Moslem unrest and rioting. They stand a great deal to lose if the Ark is revealed - for it will prove to the whole world that there really was a Holy Temple, and thus, that the Jews really do have a claim to the Temple Mount. (The official position of the Islamic Wakf, the body that governs over the Temple Mount, is that there never was a Holy Temple, and that the Jews have no rights whatsoever to the place).

* such as the staff of Aaron that brought forth almond blossoms during the controversy involving Korach (Numbers 16); the jar of manna that had been placed in the Holy of Holies as a testimony; and the jar of anointing oil.
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
1/29/22 10:10 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic