Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

UPDATE: International Christmas Giving Opportunity (Pics)

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post UPDATE: International Christmas Giving Opportunity (Pics) shaunbwilson
I am pleased to report to you this morning that all three projects that I shared in my International Christmas Giving Opportunity post have been fully funded!

Many thanks to each Acts-celerate poster who contributed to buy winter clothes for the children who lack, a means of self-sustainment for widows, and a home for the pastor's family who has slept on the church altar for the past 15 years. What a blessing to be able to meet the needs of each of these people during the time of year that we focus especially on the incredible Gift that God sent to meet our eternal needs!

I also wanted to share with you a testimony that the Detuyas shared with me this morning. Some of you may be aware that Typhoon Odette went through the Philippines last night. (A tropical cyclone that starts in the Atlantic Ocean is called a hurricane while a tropical cyclone that starts in the Pacific Ocean is called a typhoon.) The typhoon path was directly through the Detuya's area and was a "typhoon signal 3," which means:

Quote:
A tropical cyclone [signal 3] will affect the [whole] locality.

Winds of greater than 60 kph [37 mph] and up to 100 kph [62 mph] may be expected in at least 24 hours.

Many coconut trees may be broken or destroyed.

Almost all banana plants may be downed and a large number of trees may be uprooted.

Rice and corn crops may suffer heavy losses.

Majority of all nipa and cogon houses may be unroofed or destroyed and there may be considerable damage to structures of light to medium construction.

There may be widespread disruption of electrical power and communication services.

In general, moderate to heavy damage may be experienced, particularly in the agricultural and industrial sectors.

While the Detuyas' new house is being completed, they have remained living in the old church rather than sleeping on the altar of the new church. As I shared in previous posts, a part of the family's new home is on the second floor, directly above the altar of the new church. The house is not inhabitable yet, but these rooms have been partially completed. Last night's typhoon flooded out the Detuya's old church building where they had been living. Dalia shared with me this morning that she was so grateful to God for His provision in completing that area of their new home above the altar because it allowed them to move to high ground during the flooding last night. Here are the pictures of her kids hunkering down in that second story area of their new home during the storm:

Here is Dalia's praise report in her own words:

Quote:
Praise God for being safe... Praise God for being advance to have a place to stay in the middle of the storm, truly God Knows our future.

this is our unfinished home in the upper part of the alter area connecting at the two storey at the back where we are still working out our new home.
we evacuate here because this place is in high level from the ground because the water starting to grow up and our temporary house before are full of water as of now. but thank God we are all safe unlike some of our things are being drawn in the water like our washing machine...

but thank God for being with us having a place to stay in the middle of the storm and we are all safe to have God and higher level a second floor area to stay.

Praise God!

Again, thank you to each of you that contributed to these three projects! May God richly bless you in 2021 as you have chosen to richly bless others around the world!
12/16/21 11:32 am

Post Preacher777
Thanks for the wonderful update Shaun. We can really help others by teaching them how to be thankful for the great amount of blessings we have here in the America and giving to projects such as those listed here. Friendly Face
12/18/21 9:10 am

Post Cojak
Preacher777 wrote:
Thanks for the wonderful update Shaun. We can really help others by teaching them how to be thankful for the great amount of blessings we have here in the America and giving to projects such as those listed here.
Thumb Up Thumb Up Thumb Up Thumb Up
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
12/18/21 6:11 pm

Post Dean Steenburgh
How can we help this family Shaun?
Is there a project # or what would be the alternate process?

Email me at: SteenburghDean@gmail.com

Church planters are focused on just one thing ...introducing people to Jesus!
What are you focused on?
Golf Cart Mafia Capo Famiglia
12/19/21 11:03 pm

Post shaunbwilson
Dean, thanks for asking about the Detuya's needs. As I shared in this update, the funds have been donated to complete the Detuya's new parsonage, which is attached to their church building in Cabadbaran City, Philippines.

However, since I posted that original need, this new need has emerged as a result of Typhoon Odette. Typhoon Rai, known in the Philippines as Typhoon Odette, was the equivalent of a Category 5 hurricane. The eye of this typhoon passed within about 50 miles of Cabadbaran City where the family was when the typhoon ripped through. However, the eye was only about 10 miles from the other church this couple pastors in Surigao City, Philippines. (They ride the 60 miles from Cabadbaran City to Surigao City by motorbike after the morning service each Sunday to preach at 2 PM in Surigao City.)

It destroyed the Surigao City church late last week. See the photos below:

This church, called Roxas Church in Surigao City, has 50 adult members and 30 children who attend. The church pictured above is "light construction," and was 12 years old. Sadly, the typhoon has badly damaged the church foundation, and the church will need to be completely rebuilt to be a safe and longstanding church.

The members of this church fully paid for the construction of the original, "light construction" church—building what they could with their own volunteer work and giving in the offering for the material and skilled labor necessary to do the rest. The typhoon has damaged the houses of the congregants who all live nearby. They are currently working to rebuild their own homes and replace their furniture, clothes, and other belongings that were lost to this typhoon. They cannot currently afford to rebuild their own homes right now, let alone pay to rebuild this church.

I asked the Detuyas to share with me what it will cost to replace this church in case any of their brothers and sisters in the United States would feel the Lord leading them to help this congregation rebuild. I asked them to share two costs: The cost to build a church that will legally allow occupancy and will be a safe place to worship, and also the cost to build a church that is "finished," which means it includes chairs, a pulpit, and flooring with tiles. Further, I stipulated that the building should be concrete so that it will withstand another typhoon, should another one arrive.

The cost to build the most basic 33' x 24' concrete building that will be safe to worship in and from which to minister to the surrounding community is $3,045.88. This includes the concrete materials for posts and walls, the materials for a roof, two skilled laborers for two weeks, and the rest of the work done by volunteers.

The cost to build a fully furnished 33' x 24' concrete building is $7,162.41. This includes concrete materials, a roof, skilled laborers for more of the work (the congregants will still want to also volunteer their time as their personal offering to the Lord), doors, floor tiles, windows, chairs, and a pulpit.

Dean, to answer your question about how to ensure funds that are given make it to this project, there is a different way for each method of giving. If giving by check, put Roxas Church in the memo. If giving by PayPal, put Roxas Church in the "note" on the second page when processing a donation. If giving through Church of God World Missions, please PM me here or email me at shaun.wilson [at] wccm.net to let me know you are giving for the Roxas Church. Below is further information on how to contribute in each of these ways:

If interested in contributing to this project:

Sending a check eliminates processing fees and gets more funding into ministry. Checks may be sent to:
World Class Cities Ministries
PO Box 92454
Lakeland, FL 33804

Secure Online Donations may be made through PayPal.

Church of God World Missions Number: 1029053
12/21/21 7:44 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic