Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Paradise, CA CoG: Church Burned Down. (Pastor & Youth Pastor died from C-19).

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Paradise, CA CoG: Church Burned Down. (Pastor & Youth Pastor died from C-19). Dean Steenburgh
Little over 3 years ago, the CoG in Paradise, CA lost it's sanctuary in the infamous Camp Fire that ravaged the little mountain community.

The old chapel was fully destroyed but the new sanctuary somehow survived the fire even though it was only about half way finished. "Jubilee on the Ridge" (as they are formally known) was founded in the 1980's by Pastor Steve Grandy & his wife Sandy in this sleepy little town of less than 23,000.

They have always been terrific people with a great vision for the lost.
The church grew & it has been a beautiful compound for all believers for many decades.

The day after Thanksgiving Steve went to the hospital to pick up some meds & they ended up admitting him. About 24 hrs later he was on a ventilator & within the week he had passed away at the young age of 72. Eight days earlier the church's youth pastor had also passed away of c-19.

This church of around 200+ people has suffered a devastating fire that destroyed their sanctuary, killed some church members, lost most of the families homes & businesses, lost their youth pastor & now the lead pastor.
The name of the little town is Paradise but I'm sure it doesn't feel like Paradise right now.

It's been several days since the memorial service for Pastor Steve but maybe you could be in prayer for this lighthouse in the Sierra Nevada Mountains that has had more than it's share of trials.

Sister Sandy Grandy is a precious saint & the Grandy family was blessed with one official worship service in the new building before Steve passed away. Blessings to all who remember them in your prayers.

Email me at: SteenburghDean@gmail.com

Church planters are focused on just one thing ...introducing people to Jesus!
What are you focused on?
Golf Cart Mafia Capo Famiglia
12/18/21 7:37 pm

Post Cojak
WOW , that is some happenings. Amazing anything can survive some disasters.

Prayers here, amazing things can rise from the ashes.... WITH HIS HELP!
Definitely love and prayers....
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
12/19/21 10:19 am

Post "A Sweet, Sweet Spirit." doyle
Years ago, I was blessed to preach at the Paradise, CA COG (Jubilee On The Ridge). Pastor Grandy, his family and the members were some of the kindest people I have ever met. There was a wonderful sweet Spirit in worship.

On that Sunday, every man, and some of the women, wore Cowboy Boots and Levis. If I remember correctly, several people rode their horses to church. Since preaching there, every time I hear the song, "There's A Sweet, Sweet Spirit In This Place," I think of the Paradise COG.

While trying to absorb the shocking news of their much hurt and grief, a Word from the Lord comes to mind and heart. After the Crucifixion of our Lord, the Resurrection, and all the traumatic and fearful events surrounding them, in Scripture it is written of them," And they CONTINUED STEADFASTLY in the apostles doctrine and fellowship, in the breaking of bread, and in prayers." (Acts 2:42)

THANK YOU Brother Dean for sharing this story which so vividly illustrates what some of our precious Brothers and Sisters have been enduring.

Chaplain Doyle
writedoyle@maiil.com
404-933-1373
12/20/21 1:38 pm

Post UncleJD
so sad, praying for them. I've known way too many good people who've died this year. Golf Cart Mafia Consigliere
12/20/21 3:27 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic