Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Donor Offers Dollar-for-Dollar Matching for Philippines Pastor Christmas Project (Pics)

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Donor Offers Dollar-for-Dollar Matching for Philippines Pastor Christmas Project (Pics) shaunbwilson
I shared in a previous post about a pastor in the Philippines who has been sleeping on the church altar with his wife and four children since 2006 when God called them to plant a church. (See: International Christmas Giving Opportunity (See Photos).) This family has not been able to afford a home, so they have called the church their home while praying for God to provide a living space that this family of six can call their own.

I spoke with a donor today who committed to match any donations that come in from today through next Friday, December 17, dollar for dollar up to $500. If this amount is 100% donated, it will result in an incredible $1,000 for Pastor Eli, Dalia, and their children, which they will receive just in time to celebrate Christmas.

I shared in that previous post that the cost of materials that was needed was $1,420 (exclusive of some skilled labor help they will need for certain work). Since posting, several generous donations have been received to help bless this family with their first home. Here's what's left to accomplish:

Materials - $1,130
Skilled labor (estimated) - $460
Total - $1,590

This means that raising $1,000 this week will get them almost 2/3 of the way to completing their home.

One donor was interested to know whether the total must be reached for the money to do any good. In other words, does all $1,590 need to be raised before they can start construction? The answer is no. Since they are doing most of the building work themselves, they can work on it section by section as the materials allow until they get to the skilled labor part of the construction. Last week, they were able to install the septic tank. On Wednesday, WCCM sent $200 to help with the construction, and they used that money today to buy the supplies needed to finish the bathroom.

Sis. Dalia was so excited to be able to purchase the bathroom materials—150 pcs. "hollow blocks" (aka cinder blocks in the US),10 pcs. iron bars, 1 commode, 1 bidet (which is cheaper than toilet paper and additional septic tank maintenance in the long run), and 6 length #4 pipe—that she shared these photos with me:

Thanks so much for praying about whether the Lord is inviting you to participate in changing this dedicated pastor's family's lives this Christmas.

If interested in contributing to any of these projects:

Important: If sending a donation by check or COG World Missions, please email me at shaun.wilson at wccm.net to let me know. This will allow me to share the grand total with the matching donor on December 17, and will allow us to send the funds before Christmas. Additionally, it will allow us to send the funds in one transfer, which helps reduce transfer fees.

Sending a check eliminates processing fees and gets more funding into ministry. Checks may be sent to:
World Class Cities Ministries
PO Box 92454
Lakeland, FL 33804

Secure Online Donations may be made through PayPal.

Church of God World Missions Number: 1029053

Last edited by shaunbwilson on 12/22/21 7:11 pm; edited 3 times in total
Site Admin
12/10/21 5:29 pm

Post Cojak
A question: If I send through COG missions, thru my local church using the #1029053 does that get to the missionary there in the Philippines?

Or is if faster thru pay pal and I pay the possessing?

Thanks, jack

PS: I just asked my wife for some money (LOL) as long as it is for missions she said OK. I will e-mail you another question or two.
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
12/10/21 7:42 pm

Post shaunbwilson
Thanks for asking, Cojack. To answer the first question, the World Missions number is associated with World Class Cities Ministries, so it would be processed and sent to me.

To be honest, I am not exactly sure of the turnaround time between when World Missions receives it and when it's sent to us. There may even be factors involved that I'm unaware of, such as waiting for a minimum amount before transferring. What I do know is that I do not have any concerns about the funds eventually being transferred to us once they reach World Missions. Donna—the wonderful woman from the accounting team who processes and notifies us of our transfers—and the whole World Missions team has always been fantastic, and I know the funds will make it here.

Our ministry does keep a cash reserve for situations like this so that we can act nimbly when time is of the essence, knowing that some folks need to send donations via check or through World Missions. Therefore, if your preference is to send through World Missions, if you'll just email me the amount and date you sent it, we can cover the funds from our cash reserve and replenish the cash reserve once the funds reach us. These funds will count for the matching if you notify me that you sent it to World Missions during the December 10–December 17 timeframe.

Thank you again for asking for clarification and for considering blessing this pastor and his family!
12/10/21 8:42 pm

Post shaunbwilson
I thought I would just add a note about which items they will need the skilled labor for since I found that information interesting myself. Skilled labor will be needed for the flooring, finishing, roofing, making door jams, window jams, and cement stairs.

I once helped my dad and my uncle (a professional contractor for much of his life) reroof a section of the house of a widow in the church my dad pastored, and I have to say I cannot blame them for wanting skilled labor to do that. Laughing
12/10/21 8:50 pm

Post Cojak
shaunbwilson wrote:
I once helped my dad and my uncle (a professional contractor for much of his life) reroof a section of the house of a widow in the church my dad pastored, and I have to say I cannot blame them for wanting skilled labor to do that. Laughing

When I asked my wife about the donation she looked at me and said, "You want to go over there and help build it all don't you?"
I have to admit I do, but in the Covid world today it is too complicated.
I once took a fishing trip with SA Lankford to Alaska, and while there he volunteered me to roof a church addition. LOL
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
12/10/21 9:01 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic