Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Prophetic warnings: When is the last time...

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Prophetic warnings: When is the last time... roughridercog
In the operation of the gifts of the Spirit, have you heard a prophetic warning? So much of what goes under the guise of prophetic utterances today speak of new seasons and the such.
But look to the Word when a prophetic utterance comes from an individual through the moving of the Holy Spirit. How many times is it something the hearer really wants to hear?

Just putting this out there.
10/30/21 9:19 am

Post Cojak
Most of us have strong feelings about this very subject, but most of us will not state it because of the fear of HONEST misunderstandings.

In our denomination Speaking in Tongues and Prophecy tops the list in what the average believer holds inside because of what others may THINK or SAY about them. Sad
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
10/30/21 10:00 am

Post some thoughts... caseyleejones
New seasons could very well be on target in some cases. Don't limit God.

I am hearing some warnings of what will happen in our country.

The NT no where states one should be led by prophecy. Prophecy is really a confirmation of what is in your spirit already.

Admittedly, in most COG's and AG's I have been in, the so called prophetic is more of encouraging word. IE>......Tongues first then some says something to the effect of...."seek me while I can be found....I am the only true God........" These things are all true but I'm not sure prophetic.

NT prophecy requires others to judge. Missing it does not make you a false prophet. However, if you are off more than on, you might want to seek God.

The NT prophet standard is not the same as the OT standard.

Your question is very very broad. At the same time, I have been in numerious so-called spirit filled churches but what most call prophetic is not. It is an area we are lacking in churches.
Acts-perienced Poster
10/30/21 11:51 am

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic