Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Beck thanks Ken Copleland for use of his jet to evacuate Christians from Afghanistan

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Beck thanks Ken Copleland for use of his jet to evacuate Christians from Afghanistan doyle
Appearing on FOX News, radio host Glenn Beck thanked Kenneth Copeland Ministries for letting him use their private jet in his efforts to evacuate Christians from Afghanistan.

Beck says he has raised at least $30 million from his radio listeners to help fund the evacuations. He said his efforts have helped over 5,000 Christians get out of the country. It is not known if Copeland's jet was used to actually fly Christians out of Afghanistan, or if it was being used by Beck in coordinating the evacuation.

His FOX interview was done from a neighboring country, not from within Afghanistan itself. It is an incredible endeavor by a private U.S. citizen to help Christians who are under major treat from the Taliban and other extremist groups.
8/27/21 10:20 am

Post caseyleejones
Many here questioned and mocked him for having a jet. Admittedly, I wasn't sure where I fell on the issue.

But, maybe God did this for this time? God works by process. But you notice, the detractors are silent at the moment.
Acts-perienced Poster
9/6/21 12:37 pm

Post Quiet Wyatt
It is nice that the jet is being used for a good purpose, and not just to fly a blasphemous money-grubbing heretic around. [Insert Acts Pun Here]
9/7/21 11:50 am

Post UncleJD
Quiet Wyatt wrote:
It is nice that the jet is being used for a good purpose, and not just to fly a blasphemous money-grubbing heretic around.

another detractor here, I'm glad they were able to rent his jet for a good cause. I'm happy they got out! I'm sure they will all be hearing from Copeland soon enough with a chance to thank him.
Golf Cart Mafia Consigliere
9/7/21 1:16 pm

Post caseyleejones
Also, the ministry gave 15 million dollars for the rescue. Acts-perienced Poster
9/11/21 4:10 pm

Post Link
Has anyone asked Creflo Dollar to borrow a plane?

I think there has been some church growth in Afghanistan. I read an article about the gospel making inroads among Muslims in a number of nations. If all the Christians left, that would be bad for the gospel witness there. On the other hand, these people are concerned for their lives, trying to protect their families.

I am praying that the Lord will raise up a tolerant Taliban leader, maybe a Saulidin type who doesn't want to wipe people out who keeps his word, and that the new government will not be as intolerant as expected. Also, I pray for the Christians there to be bold and endure up under hardship. Let us pray for God to stretch out his hand to do signs and wonders.

Afghanistan is right near one of the two areas where the Bible says the exiled northern tribes were settled. One of the places is a river on the northern border of Afghanistan. Traditionally, the Pashto people there have claimed to be descended from the Israelites, and the royal family claims to have been descended from Saul. There were apparently a number of synagogues there before conversion to Islam became so widespread. (I am not sure if the northern tribes had a synagogue culture or if that was later conversion.) I don't think there is anything or much in the way of linguistic evidence for Hebrew influence on the language like there is for Yiddish, but this is much further back in time.
Acts-perienced Poster
9/12/21 12:10 am

Post JLarry
Quote:
Quite wrote:

It is nice that the jet is being used for a good purpose, and not just to fly a blasphemous money-grubbing heretic around.

This is post disgust me. I am not a Copeland fan but to see this, as a member of the COG embarrasses me

May I say this. This is not the thinking of most COG folks I know if it is remove me.

No one who died without Christ is happy about their decision.
Acts Mod
10/21/21 11:39 am

Post Cojak
Link wrote:
Has anyone asked Creflo Dollar to borrow a plane?

I am praying that the Lord will raise up a tolerant Taliban leader, maybe a Saulidin type who doesn't want to wipe people out who keeps his word, and that the new government will not be as intolerant as expected.

Also, I pray for the Christians there to be bold and endure up under hardship. Let us pray for God to stretch out his hand to do signs and wonders.

Very good points for prayer my friend, well said and YES Prayers for those Christians is needed.
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
10/21/21 7:38 pm

Post Carolyn Smith
UncleJD wrote:
Quiet Wyatt wrote:

another detractor here, I'm glad they were able to rent his jet for a good cause. I'm happy they got out! I'm sure they will all be hearing from Copeland soon enough with a chance to thank him.

Rent? I don't recall hearing they rented it.
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
10/21/21 8:23 pm

Post Old Time Country Preacher
JLarry wrote:
Quote:
Quite wrote:

This is post disgust me. I am not a Copeland fan but to see this, as a member of the COG embarrasses me.

Great goodness, Larry, so the truth embarrasses ya?
Acts-pert Poster
10/26/21 11:40 am

Post caseyleejones
Carolyn Smith wrote:
UncleJD wrote:
Quiet Wyatt wrote:

Rent? I don't recall hearing they rented it.

No, it was not rented. The ministry provided everything the jet needed then donated another 30 million.
Acts-perienced Poster
10/28/21 7:45 am

Post Cojak
I honestly do not understand up into the BIG BUCKS, ministries. But my mind would rest much easier if I understood the scripture in it's full meaning of, "19: Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth, where moth. and rust doth corrupt, and where thieves break through and steal: 20: But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor.........."

My soul sorta gets a twist in it when I see the net worth of 'preachers of the Gospel' whose personal net worth heads to the tens of millions.

But that is just me, Smile

Honestly it isn't jealousy, I have been blessed more than I have ever considered possible with no more promise than I had as an ignorant kid. Embarassed
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
10/28/21 6:27 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic