Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

When women are allowed to become ordained bishops...

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post When women are allowed to become ordained bishops... roughridercog
Please notice that I said "when" and not "if." I believe it is an inevitability in the movement. When it happens, do you expect an exodus from the movement from the old guard or do you look for the old guard to just resign themselves to it?
9/26/21 8:03 am

Post Re: When women are allowed to become ordained bishops... FLRon
[quote="roughridercog"]Please notice that I said "when" and not "if." I believe it is an inevitability in the movement. When it happens, do you expect an exodus from the movement from the old guard or do you look for the old guard to just resign themselves to it?[/quote

I expect a few will depart but most will simply have one more thing to complain about.
9/27/21 5:38 pm

Post Dow Moses
Many will see it as a great day, I would have been one of them. I struggled many years as my mentor could not be on the floor (of Assembly business sessions), but I could and I never had nearly the wisdom that she had. Personally I never voted for the title Bishop. The felt that was a title that should have been reserved for state or district Bishops. I personally never ordered a Bishop certificate when that passed. The title Bishop only confused the issue for women in ministry even more. The title Bishop has played well for those wanting to exclude women. In our church we only have Licensed Minister and Ordained Minister. My wife is an Ordained Minister and can out preach me any day. Lol That don’t take a lot to out preach this old Kentucky hillbilly.
9/27/21 11:20 pm

Post Quiet Wyatt
I’m thinking the more likely scenario is that we will revert back to the previous nomenclature, with the ladies being granted equivalent ordination, and have only DOs, SOs, and up be called bishops. At least that is how I hope it goes. I also think it would be good if we changed the nomenclature to “ordained elder,” like many Methodist denominations do, with the title of bishop being reserved for leaders who are over several churches or over a state, and so forth. [Insert Acts Pun Here]
9/28/21 6:51 pm

Post Dean Steenburgh
We have our sister denom to view.
A/G's have ordained women ministers for 100 years & it hasn't created a messy challenge.
In fact it is still 95% male driven leadership & 100 years of equality has proven to be a moot point.
Those that would move on should look elsewhere & let's enjoy the leadership our women ministers can offer.

Email me at: SteenburghDean@gmail.com

Church planters are focused on just one thing ...introducing people to Jesus!
What are you focused on?
Golf Cart Mafia Capo Famiglia
10/2/21 9:51 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic