Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Romans 14:1-3: Are attitudes of eating "Meat" or wearing a "Mask" similar?

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Romans 14:1-3: Are attitudes of eating "Meat" or wearing a "Mask" similar? doyle
Working in a hospital setting as a Chaplain means it is required to take the regular flu shot every year. In addition, Linda and I have taken both COVID VAX.

I read that the COVID virus is 18 times smaller than bacteria (have no way of knowing if that is true or not). If it is true, then a cloth mask is like a chain link fence to a virus. Even though I don't think it does much to protect me, I willingly wear a mask in public places that request it.

Have never worn a mask outdoors, inside my house or car, but if it helps some people to feel more comfortable, I'm OK with wearing a mask around them. If they don't eat meat, I don't show up with a bag of BIG MACS.

Does the following paraphrase stretch scriptural relevancy too far?

Romans 14:1-3: Accept the one who wears a mask without quarreling over wearing one or not. One person's faith allows them to go without wearing a mask, but another, whose faith is weak, always wears a mask. The one who wears a mask must not treat with contempt the one who does not.

The one who does NOT wear a mask, should not judge the one who DOES, or vise-versa, for God has accepted them both.

That's my opinion. Always glad to hear yours.

Doyle
writedoyle@gmail.com

Last edited by doyle on 11/26/21 5:31 pm; edited 5 times in total
Acts-celerate Owner
8/13/21 1:24 pm

Post UncleJD
I agree Doyle, but I don't see those who don't wear them judging or forbidding those that do. Its the opposite. Those that do wear them are adamant that everyone else must do the same as they do. While I may laugh at the poor soul walking by themselves in the 110 degree heat with a mask on, I don't tell them they can't do so. Unlike what they would likely say to me. Golf Cart Mafia Consigliere
8/13/21 2:58 pm

Post ood point doyle
Thank you Bro. Your suggestion improves the post. I have inserted the needed "vice-versa."

Doyle
8/15/21 4:12 pm

Post Re: Romans 14:1-3: Are attitudes of eating "Meat" or wearing a "Mask" similar? georgiapath
[quote="doyle"]Working in a hospital setting as a Chaplain means it is required to take the regular flu shot every year. In addition, Linda and I have taken both COVID VAX.

I read that the COVID virus is 18 times smaller than bacteria (have no way of knowing if that is true or not). If it is true, then a cloth mask is like a chain link fence to a virus. Even though I don't think it does much to protect me, I willingly wear a mask in public places that request it.

Have never worn a mask outdoors, inside my house or car, but if it helps some people to feel more comfortable, I'm OK with wearing a mask around them. If they don't eat meat, I don't show up with a bag of BIG MACS.

Does the following paraphrase stretch scriptural relevancy too far?
Romans 14:1-3: Accept the one who wears a mask without quarreling over wearing one or not. One person's faith allows them to go without wearing a mask, but another, whose faith is weak, always wears a mask. The one who wears a mask must not treat with contempt the one who does not.

The one who does NOT wear a mask, should not judge the one who DOES, or vise-versa, for God has accepted them both.

That's my opinion. Always glad to hear yours.

Doyle

I agree. I don't wear one but I don't care if others do. To each his own.
Acts-dicted
8/24/21 4:37 am

Post Da Sheik
I think you’re right Doyle. We should allow for charitable disagreement on any non-essential issue. The tendency of human nature was evident in the early church and manifests here also. The stronger brother tends to look down on the weaker brother for his lack of faith. The weaker brother condemns the stronger because he doesn’t hold peripheral issues as salvation issues. By nature, the weaker brother always views himself as more righteous than the strong. The irony is that the weaker brother always perceives himself as the strong one. Acts Enthusiast
8/31/21 11:59 am

Post Re: Romans 14:1-3: Are attitudes of eating "Meat" or wearing a "Mask" similar? Link
If someone thinks it is a sin against the Lord to wear a mask, it might be comparable. But that would be a pretty wonky belief.

There are people who hold to the (IMO really strange idea) that the vaccine is the mark of the beast. It would be a sin for them to take it.

Other people just don't trust the vaccine or wait and see what happens to those who took it after the next couple of years.
Acts-perienced Poster
9/17/21 8:53 am

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic