Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

The Holy Ghost "SAT" Upon The "SITTING." Holy Sitting?

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post The Holy Ghost "SAT" Upon The "SITTING." Holy Sitting? doyle
"And SUDDENLY there came a sound from heaven as a rushing mighty wind, and it filled all the house where they were SITTING. And there appeared unto them cloven tongues like as of fire, and it SAT upon each of them. And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues, as the spirit gave the utterance." (Acts 2:2-4 KJV

"SUDDENLY:" After being faithful in spite of persecution, after obeying, after faithfully traveling, after laying aside all personal schedules and activities, after faithfully gathering, after faithfully staying and praying for days..."Suddenly..."

"SITTING:" What? You mean they had not been standing for 45 minutes with the lights turned nearly off while singing Seven-Eleven songs (Seven words over and over again 11 times), with people screaming into a microphone and being pumped up with music volume five decimals past the threshold of pain?

HOLY COW! How could the HOLY GHOST get anything done with a bunch of sitters? Evidently, being a SITTER does not mean you are a QUITTER.

"SAT:" So, maybe we should save Him a seat in our hearts and in our gatherings.

HOLY SITTING?: As written previously, I so much relish joyous, spontaneous worship. I like it loud, but understand why others don't. Too loud is too much for some.

OUR GOAL IN LEADING worship is to find a way for THE PEOPLE to be blessed. I will gladly turn it DOWN (a little bit) if it helps lift you UP in spirit. Or, turn it up if that is a blessing. Leading worship is not about me, it's about thee. Our thrill is helping the people be blessed.

HOLY SITTING: I've written about the joy of HOLY DANCE, but though I have some trouble wrapping my Pentecostal mind around it, evidently there is also HOLY SITTING.

FILLED while STILL: I remember the testimony of a woman who went home after church where she had prayed to be "Filled" with the Spirit. However, she felt distracted by the many people and things going on around her.

Back at home, she prepared for bed. Before pulling back the covers, she began to pray again, and while sitting there on her bed, she was filled with the Spirit and began to speak with other tongues "as the Spirit gave the utterance."

The powerful text, "Be not drunk with wine, wherein is excess, but BE FILLED WITH THE SPIRIT,"(Ephesians 5:18) does not provide a formula. God designed us to be different emotionally.

Being FILLED with the Spirit is an emotional, empowering occurrence. We can experience it in a boisterous worship service or during personal quiet time. So, whether its doing a HOLY DANCE or SITTING quietly, the emphasis is not about the DANCE, the TRANCE or the CIRCUMSTANCE.

The key word is "HOLY." It means we have set aside a special time, reserved room in our heart, life and schedule for the HOLY SPIRIT.

I pray you will someday soon enjoy the glorious experience of being FILLED WITH THE SPIRIT."

Chaplain Doyle
writedoyle@mail.com

Last edited by doyle on 9/29/21 6:26 pm; edited 3 times in total
Acts-celerate Owner
9/15/21 2:42 pm

Post Link
It reminds me of this passage, also about 'sitting.' The word translated 'dwell' in verse 1, שֶׁ֖בֶת, sebet, can also be translated 'sit'.

Notice the comparison to the anointing that comes to those who sit in unity.

Psalm 133
Behold, how good and how pleasant it is
For brethren to dwell together in unity!

2 It is like the precious oil upon the head,
Running down on the beard,
The beard of Aaron,
Running down on the edge of his garments.
3 It is like the dew of Hermon,
Descending upon the mountains of Zion;
For there the Lord commanded the blessing—
Life forevermore.

Verse 1 is a song. Henry Belafante did a version of it. A Messianic Jewish brother I took to the beach once in Hawaii did a version of the song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RdmDBA-DTAw

Compare to Acts 2, where the disciples were in 'one accord.'

Last edited by Link on 9/23/21 5:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Acts-perienced Poster
9/16/21 10:32 pm

Post Powerful doyle
Great post Link. It was a blessing - appreciate it much.

Doyle
9/16/21 11:16 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic