Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

NBF opinion on COVID vaccines and masks

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post NBF opinion on COVID vaccines and masks Nature Boy Florida
I guess I missed all the excitement here for the last year and a half - but here is one man's opinion.

** Disclaimer - I was never given a vaccine when I was a kid. Not because of fear of the vaccine - but my mother believed God was the provider - a lack of faith was shown when you got a vaccine.

So - I actually got the diseases of chicken pox, measles, mumps ( a bad case) etc. throughout my childhood. Surprisingly, through God's grace, I still got to have kids.

And when it was time to get the kids vaccinated - I ignored the naysayers and all the "dangers" of the vaccines - and got the kids to get vaccinated on schedule throughout their childhood - because I knew what could, and probably would, happen.

Fast forward to now:
IMO:
The vaccines (Pfizer/Moderna) help. Now they may hurt something else down the road, as well, but at my age - I'm not sure it matters. Someone younger does need to weigh the benefits against the unknowns.

Masks help(ed). We know this because the flu was not as bad last year. So everyone wearing masks reduced Covid AND the flu last year. Statistics show this.

I'm from Florida - we are glad we weren't required to have vaccine passports and to wear masks outside (or inside - that was each businesses choice). The Right to Choose is currently the law of the land, right?

But - I took the vaccine because I WAS NOT going to go out with my family hearing about me dying for a week or two - while I was in a hospital bed on a ventilator all alone. It might cause something else - who knows - but I was thankful God had Pres. Trump speed up the vaccine process to give me a fighting chance.

Again - just one man's opinion.
7/23/21 9:43 am

Post Cojak
Good common sense post. I have not received the shot, but the wife and I both are exceptions, we are very seldom in crowds and have few friends/family that 'drop by'.
WE are definitely not in a 'crowd' at church. 20-30 people in a church that seats 250-300. NOT LOL.
Anyway it is a good post.
Be safe....
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
7/23/21 9:54 am

Post Pro vaxer here...... caseyleejones
I chose not to get it at this time because it is not FDA approved and still experimental.

I have gotten my vaccines through kidhood. I even got a flu shot 2 years ago.

If you are older or obese, get it.

Everyone I know who was hospitalized and died were elderly, cancer ridden or very obese.

A coworker almost died from the vaccine. A friends mother died within 48 hours of the vaccine. My BIL mother got Bells palsey.

If you are young and healthy, your call. Risk v reward. However, if you are obese or elderly, you should think about it.
Acts-perienced Poster
7/23/21 5:00 pm

Post FLRon
None of the three adults in my home have had any Covid vaccines. For the record, we are not anti vaccination. The kids got all of the ones they needed, and we still all get flu shots every year.
My reasons for not getting a Covid vaccination center around the rush to production vs what a new drug typically takes. In short, I don’t trust the research. Yet. The Delta variant has me concerned far more than the Covid-19, so I am giving this a lot of thought.
7/23/21 7:58 pm

Post Here is What I Heard FG Minister
A man got the vaccine and grew an extra nostril.
A man got the vaccine and grew an extra thumb.
A man got the vaccine and came down with Podiatric Parkinson's and now his feet twitch.
A woman got the vaccine and had two-headed triplets.

I've heard it all! GET THE VACCINE so we can get back to normal.
Acts-celerater
7/24/21 8:02 am

Post Re: Here is What I Heard UncleJD
FG Minister wrote:
A man got the vaccine and grew an extra nostril.
A man got the vaccine and grew an extra thumb.
A man got the vaccine and came down with Podiatric Parkinson's and now his feet twitch.
A woman got the vaccine and had two-headed triplets.

I've heard it all! GET THE VACCINE so we can get back to normal.

Thanks for the expert MEDICAL ADVISE. Good to see the Acts policy enforcement so well proportioned.
Golf Cart Mafia Consigliere
7/24/21 10:11 am

Post We chose not to get it roughridercog
If we would get anything it would be the pneumonia vaccine.
7/25/21 6:53 am

Post Nature Boy Florida
Understood. I have never gotten the pneumonia or any other vaccine. I may this year. But i have seen very healthy people get bad sick with this delta. It's bad in Florida right now. Lots of 40 somethings now seem to have it. I have 3 young friends in the hospital right now.
7/25/21 7:32 am

Post Cojak
I haven't gotten the shot. I do think it was sorta rushed as Pres. Trump pushed the pharmaceutical folk to HURRY. I understood that and have no problem with all them rushing for the country and fame of course. But most of us know it really could have used more testing, but we also wanted something to start fighting this Covid mess.
BUT for me, I seldom come in contact with any crowds, plus I am a healthy old man. I don't even take the flu shot, I have seen no need.
BUT I WILL NEVER RECCOMMEND NOR DISPARAGE anyone about the vaccine, that is an individual decision. I would feel terrible if I laughed at the vaccine and my son(s) would contact and suffer and maybe die.
Anyway, I am glad we are free to do or not do. I joked if we got a Lottery I would get it, but then we did here in NC and I still haven't. Embarassed Shocked Confused
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
7/25/21 10:42 pm

Post georgiapath
Laughing Laughing Laughing Acts-dicted
7/26/21 4:10 am

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic