Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

PEWED OR ENDUED (Luke 24:39)

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post PEWED OR ENDUED (Luke 24:39) doyle
The Church of God In Christ area Bishop, Anthony "Legit" Britt, and I are long-time friends. Along with our good friend James Richter from the Pentecostal Church of God, we often get together for fellowship.

Anthony accepted Christ while in the Army in Germany. He met his wife Addy there. She was in the Army too. He was there the night she received the Baptism of the Holy Ghost with Speaking In Tongues. They have been in ministry together ever since; 35 years.

At breakfast the other morning, Anthony, James and I were talking about how important receiving the Holy Ghost has been to our lives. Anthony said, "Some friends of ours have invited Addy and I to a home 'Tarrying Service.' "

"I haven't been to one in years," he said, "but we are going tonight."

We then began discussing that even though we don't hear it much from the pulpit these days, it is still God's Will that we be "Filled with the Spirit."

"Be not drunk with wine wherein is excess, but BE FILLED with the Spirit." (Ephesians 5:18) HIS WILL. "BE FILLED."

TARRY UNTIL
"Behold, (Listen up) I send the promise of my Father upon you, but TARRY in the city UNTIL you are ENDUED (clothed with) power from on high." (Luke 24:39).

Many years ago, Ronnie and Steve Brock were the guest Evangelists for the Georgia Church of God Campmeeting. Over 100 received the Baptism of the Holy Ghost in that Camp Meeting. Man! That was one powerful week! Linda and I went every night.

PEWED OR ENDUED?
Ronnie preached about the word "Endued." He said it meant to be "Clothed with power." He said, the local Judge may look like anybody else when he is at the store, eating out or playing golf. But the moment he puts on the official robe and steps into the Courtroom, he is "Clothed in authority and power." He is not Bob or John anymore. He is 'Your Honor.'

TO QUALIFY for that position of power, the Judge tarried for a long time in preparation for when that power needed to be put into force. In these difficult times, if we want to be spiritually powerful, if we want to be clothed in the Lord's power/ speak the Word of God with authority, we too may need to return to having some "Tarrying Services."

Doyle
writedoyle@mail.com
Text or Call: 404-933-1373
7/24/21 12:22 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic