Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

NBF checks in

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post NBF checks in Nature Boy Florida
Hi everyone.

NBF is doing well. I hope all of you are doing well also.

Lots has happened in the last 18 months - mostly, I've lost some dear friends to COVID that passed WAY too young. I know each of you have faced the same thing.

But, those of us remaining still have a job to do. We better pick up the slack - as the world seems to be on a wide, steep downward path to hell.

I have recently seen posts lamenting the decline of Actscelerate. It isn't the fun informative place it once was - but sometimes people and tools get a 2nd wind. Perhaps Acts will too. Let's face it, the back slapping, feel good COG ministers sites do not have the challenging debates that were the norm here. Oh there are wonderful threads there - very informative - but no one throws a verbal hand grenade into the mix like often happens here. I find I still learn more when my beliefs are challenged - than when they are simply affirmed.

One final thought - this is for Dave Dorsey especially - but for anyone that feels they may have done NBF wrong. I do not hold any animosity toward you Dave. (or anyone) Whatever our disagreements were - I have long forgotten them (an advantage of getting older). I hold you in high regard for your work at this site for many years. Please forgive me for the wrongs I have done to you. I count you a brother in Christ. And, if you can ever come to North Florida - I would love to buy us breakfast (or dinner) and talk about all the things we no doubt have in common. (That goes for all of you jokers that come to this site, as well)

God bless each of you!

NBF
7/18/21 6:18 pm

Post Bro Bob
One thing I do like about FB... this post would have over 100 thumbs ups by now.

Nice to hear from you, and yeah, lot of water under the bridge since those days.

BB
Golf Cart Mafia Underboss
7/18/21 7:37 pm

Post Carolyn Smith
Glad to hear from you, NBF!

I love your comment to Dave...the heart of a true brother, forgive and forget.

ACTs is like the old gray mare - she ain't what she used to be, but she's still kickin'...
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
7/18/21 9:15 pm

Post Preacher777
NBF, I was really encouraged and motivated to be sure to take steps to ask forgiveness from whoever wherever after reading your post. I admire you for showing true humility. We all know there is some junk and mudslinging towards others here and those in authority. However, I do my best to avoid the junk and focus on the good things like your post that I read here. It is nice to see you on here again. Friendly Face
7/19/21 6:04 am

Post NBF's back...a sure sign of that Actscelerate has plummeted to new depths. Aaron Scott
I feel certain that I speak for all of us when I say that NBF should not only be banned for life from Actscelerate, but from the United States, as well.

Basically, his being here causes the average IQ of this site to fall into the near-vegetable range (and by vegetable, I mean a carrot).

Pretty sure that NBF also had plenty to do with the pandemic that struck the world. He is a menace, and he should NOT be tolerated.

Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
7/19/21 7:33 am

Post Re: NBF's back...a sure sign of that Actscelerate has plummeted to new depths. Nature Boy Florida
Aaron Scott wrote:
I feel certain that I speak for all of us when I say that NBF should not only be banned for life from Actscelerate, but from the United States, as well.

Basically, his being here causes the average IQ of this site to fall into the near-vegetable range (and by vegetable, I mean a carrot).

Pretty sure that NBF also had plenty to do with the pandemic that struck the world. He is a menace, and he should NOT be tolerated.

Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

Ah - now it feels like a family reunion. Thanks. Btw, do the Seminoles even field a football team anymore?
7/19/21 9:19 am

Post Re: NBF checks in UncleJD
Nature Boy Florida wrote:
Hi everyone.

NBF is doing well. I hope all of you are doing well also.

Lots has happened in the last 18 months - mostly, I've lost some dear friends to COVID that passed WAY too young. I know each of you have faced the same thing.

But, those of us remaining still have a job to do. We better pick up the slack - as the world seems to be on a wide, steep downward path to hell.

I have recently seen posts lamenting the decline of Actscelerate. It isn't the fun informative place it once was - but sometimes people and tools get a 2nd wind. Perhaps Acts will too. Let's face it, the back slapping, feel good COG ministers sites do not have the challenging debates that were the norm here. Oh there are wonderful threads there - very informative - but no one throws a verbal hand grenade into the mix like often happens here. I find I still learn more when my beliefs are challenged - than when they are simply affirmed.

One final thought - this is for Dave Dorsey especially - but for anyone that feels they may have done NBF wrong. I do not hold any animosity toward you Dave. (or anyone) Whatever our disagreements were - I have long forgotten them (an advantage of getting older). I hold you in high regard for your work at this site for many years. Please forgive me for the wrongs I have done to you. I count you a brother in Christ. And, if you can ever come to North Florida - I would love to buy us breakfast (or dinner) and talk about all the things we no doubt have in common. (That goes for all of you jokers that come to this site, as well)

God bless each of you!

NBF

I thought about NBF when I saw that really sad commercial where Rick Flair is selling some pathetic car warranty. Hope you're doing better than your avatar bud. Good to hear from you and I agree about the potential of Acts. FB is fine for a bunch of glad-handing, but although it can be abused at times, anonymity is sometimes very useful in kicking our comfort-zone right in the teeth.
Golf Cart Mafia Consigliere
7/19/21 11:15 am

Post Re: NBF checks in Nature Boy Florida
UncleJD wrote:

I thought about NBF when I saw that really sad commercial where Rick Flair is selling some pathetic car warranty. Hope you're doing better than your avatar bud. Good to hear from you and I agree about the potential of Acts. FB is fine for a bunch of glad-handing, but although it can be abused at times, anonymity is sometimes very useful in kicking our comfort-zone right in the teeth.

Agreed. Doing better than my namesake. Do you realize you can get a facebook birthday greeting/shout out from the man for $500.00?

I thought about paying the 500 to get a shout out from the nature boy to the Actscelerate Nature Boy....but I felt God would be unhappy I didn't put that money to better use.
7/19/21 11:29 am

Post Carolyn Smith
I have a local friend who knows Rick Flair. Her husband was a well-known wrestler, Ivan Koloff, who passed away several years ago.
7/19/21 10:00 pm

Post UncleJD
Carolyn Smith wrote:
I have a local friend who knows Rick Flair. Her husband was a well-known wrestler, Ivan Koloff, who passed away several years ago.

That's cool Carolyn. My daughter-in-law's best friend is Sting's daughter (if you remember Sting from the same era of the WWF). He is a Christian and attends the Assembly of God here in town. I watched WWF a lot in that era at my time at Lee in Hughes Hall
Golf Cart Mafia Consigliere
7/20/21 8:05 am

Post Cojak
What a joy to see and hear NBF is alive and well. Miss you dude. I always enjoyed the tit for tat or give and take of you and whatshisname ...... oh yeah... AS ....... (not misspelled!)
Love you guys! Cool
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
7/22/21 11:11 am

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic