Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

YOUR OPINION: Should Biden & Pelosi be denied Communion?

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post YOUR OPINION: Should Biden & Pelosi be denied Communion? News & Views
This week, Catholic Bishops are meeting. One major item on their agenda, is should politicians who are Catholic (that promote the killing of babies by abortion), have the right to receive Communion.

Your opinion?
6/21/21 11:42 pm

Post Da Sheik
I think they have far greater concerns than whether they are denied the wafer and the wine. Acts Enthusiast
6/24/21 11:48 am

Post Re: YOUR OPINION: Should Biden & Pelosi be denied Communion? UncleJD
News & Views wrote:
This week, Catholic Bishops are meeting. One major item on their agenda, is should politicians who are Catholic (that promote the killing of babies by abortion), have the right to receive Communion.

Your opinion?

Absolutely. According to Catholic Dogma, abortion is a grave sin. One cannot participate in the Eucharist without absolution of grave sins. If they (or any Church) want to be taken seriously, they should make a stand.

"A person who is conscious of grave sin is not to celebrate Mass or receive the body of the Lord without previous sacramental confession ..
Golf Cart Mafia Consigliere
6/24/21 4:32 pm

Post Quiet Wyatt
Though I of course don’t agree with the Roman Catholic idea that salvation is dependent upon partaking of the sacrament, it seems to me that, in order to be consistent with its own stated condemnation of the sin of abortion, the RCC would have a duty to not give the sacrament to those who support the horrific and detestable sin of abortion, thus proclaiming that those who support such are in fact cut off from salvation. [Insert Acts Pun Here]
6/25/21 1:56 pm

Post Hypocrisy ... Mat
Hypocrisy (not grace) can be found some where between teachings and practices. The question for RCC is do you really believe what you teach or is it just so much "smells and bells"?

Then again, setting up communion on the sides of the stage in a "self-serve" manner, as many "cool" churches do, for all and anyone to partake is no different than serving abortionist, sodomites and murders.

Mat
Acts Enthusiast
6/26/21 9:36 am

Post Quiet Wyatt
I always give a call to examine oneself, repent, confess and forsake all known sin, and to be reconciled one with another prior to partaking in communion. If there ever was an opportunity to cleanse oneself from all filthiness of flesh and spirit and to perfect holiness in the fear of God, it is when we observe the broken body and shed blood of Jesus for our sake, and for our salvation. [Insert Acts Pun Here]
6/26/21 2:24 pm

Post FLRon
I highly doubt the RCC will take such a hard line as to deny Biden the taking of communion because as far as I know they have not taken this stance with Pelosi or any other legislator who supports abortion. To do so now seems a bit hypocritical.
Besides, the RCC has hardly been the bastion of morality, what with their legacy of persecution against Christians.
6/28/21 6:09 am

Post Re: Hypocrisy ... UncleJD
Mat wrote:
Then again, setting up communion on the sides of the stage in a "self-serve" manner, as many "cool" churches do, for all and anyone to partake is no different than serving abortionist, sodomites and murders.

Mat

Excellent, Excellent point Matt. The increasingly casual attitude about the Lord's Supper has been bothering me for years. It has pushed me a bit closer to the high reverence the Catholics feel for it. I can't stand the little booth/tables where you just walk up, grab a cracker and welch's and nobody is in unity when it happens.

Last edited by UncleJD on 6/28/21 8:48 am; edited 1 time in total
6/28/21 8:44 am

Post UncleJD
FLRon wrote:
I highly doubt the RCC will take such a hard line as to deny Biden the taking of communion because as far as I know they have not taken this stance with Pelosi or any other legislator who supports abortion. To do so now seems a bit hypocritical.
Besides, the RCC has hardly been the bastion of morality, what with their legacy of persecution against Christians.

Both sides have committed grievous and violent sins against the other throughout history. But how does a movement (call it a revival) toward the core of their stated belief in which they would condemn ANYONE who supports abortion, qualify as hypocritical? If anything its a move AWAY from hypocrisy I'd think.
6/28/21 8:47 am

Post FLRon
UncleJD wrote:
FLRon wrote:

Both sides have committed grievous and violent sins against the other throughout history. But how does a movement (call it a revival) toward the core of their stated belief in which they would condemn ANYONE who supports abortion, qualify as hypocritical? If anything its a move AWAY from hypocrisy I'd think.

Coming from a RCC background, I question their motives for many things they do. It is hypocritical now because the RCC has always “looked the other way” with politicians who support sin, no matter how egregious, especially when there is profit at stake. I’m simply wondering “why now”?
6/28/21 4:12 pm

Post Link
I am thinking of I Corinthians 5. A more obvious, straighforward application would be to exclude those living in fornication, idolatry, etc. It does not sound that unreasonable to exclude these politicians. It might be a way to force conformance to RCC doctrine on a number of RCC politicians. Acts-perienced Poster
6/28/21 11:47 pm

Post UncleJD
FLRon wrote:
UncleJD wrote:
FLRon wrote:

Coming from a RCC background, I question their motives for many things they do. It is hypocritical now because the RCC has always “looked the other way” with politicians who support sin, no matter how egregious, especially when there is profit at stake. I’m simply wondering “why now”?

I see what you mean, but in my view this seems to be coming from a laity-driven movement. The government of the RCC has never seemed to make any strong stand in my lifetime (of course I don't pay a lot of attention to smaller issues, just the big ones).
6/29/21 8:21 am

Post a thought Steve Norris
Doesn't the Bible say then if we break one commandment we are guilty of them all? How many pastors would let a church member take communion if that church member was guilty of gossip? Hey, DOC
7/4/21 2:28 am

Post Re: a thought UncleJD
Steve Norris wrote:
Doesn't the Bible say then if we break one commandment we are guilty of them all? How many pastors would let a church member take communion if that church member was guilty of gossip?

absolutely, in both Catholicism and Protestantism, it is required that one "examine himself" and confess his sins BEFORE taking communion. This scenario (being denied it), is based on the fact that these liberal Catholics won't confess that their support of abortion is a mortal sin, and therefore are unworthy of the Body of Christ.
7/6/21 8:00 am

Post Communion and Candy Canes Mat
In practice, do we Christians view communion and candy canes as equivalent?

After all, its seems many feel that everybody should receive them, though the candy canes are more seasonal. Why, well we don't want anyone to be left out, and why should they, whether sinner or diabetic. After all, who are we to judge?

If it makes someone feel closer to God, and its just symbolic anyway (you got to love those stripes on the candy canes), so why not serve all comers? This way everybody feels included - it creates such a nice since of community, and who are we to deny anyone such a sweet feeling?

Now I know there are some differences between the two, candy canes taste better then communion wafers and are less likely to stain the carpet like the grape juice/wine.

The American church is sick and weak because its been living on spiritual sugar instead of the Blood and Body of Jesus Christ our Lord. The American clergy has become the stranger who gives candy to little children instead of preaching about the Manna from heaven we all must consume to be saved.

Paul's words are true, if we eat and drink unworthy we will become sick and some will die. Giving out communion like candy is leading to spiritual decay.

Mat
Acts Enthusiast
7/6/21 10:15 am

Post Re: Communion and Candy Canes Cojak
Mat wrote:
In practice, do we Christians view communion and candy canes as equivalent?

After all, its seems many feel that everybody should receive them,.......
Paul's words are true, if we eat and drink unworthy we will become sick and some will die. Giving out communion like candy is leading to spiritual decay.

Mat

True dat!
I was thinking of my youth in the parsonage. My mama baked the unleavened bread for the church Communion on Saturday. I could her her praying and worshiping, many time speaking in tongues. That 'bread was blessed' if ever any was! Anyone who felt 'ready' was invited to partake. The results, blessings or curse (?) was on the individual.
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
7/6/21 10:48 am

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic