Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

How to deal with a married lesbian couple in our church
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Feature Presentations This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post bonnie knox
Quote:
is there any reason to think that what the Lord finds repulsive has changed

Depends on the category. I'm pretty sure shrimp is not an abomination like it was in the OT.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
8/31/16 9:34 pm

Post Link
bonnie knox wrote:
Quote:
is there any reason to think that what the Lord finds repulsive has changed

Depends on the category. I'm pretty sure shrimp is not an abomination like it was in the OT.

It was to be an abomination to the Israelites. Does the Bible ever say that GOd found shrimp or piga abominable?
9/1/16 10:45 am

Post bonnie knox
God is the one who ordered it to be abominable to the Israelites. Do you think God still demands it to be abominable to them? [Insert Acts Pun Here]
9/1/16 11:00 am

Post Cojak
I don't think it is an abomination now, I love some coconut Shrimp. Cool

But I do hope the couple do not have an 'agenda' and that they are honestly looking for a place to worship and LEARN more of God. This is no small problem.I have read some good thoughts here, and as time goes on more ministers will be facing the same situation.

My prayers are still with Bro Stephen, I know he has spent some time in the word and praying.

I think we all can sympathize with having to shepherd a flock and still exercise love and care for the lost and misguided. And be a blessing to all. Definitely no simple task. Sad
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
9/3/16 7:33 pm

Post Methocostal
I understand you have to preach the truth, regardless of the consequences. However, consulting an attorney beforehand may enable you to come up with a way to both stand by your principles, but not go through the stress and expense (defense attorney) of being sued.

Ultimately, one may have to take the legal risk and preach the unadulterated truth. But, there may be a way to accomplish both. Sometimes, the best offense is a good defense Smile

Link wrote:
What comes to mind for me is I Corinthians. Paul heard that there were divisions among them. In his letter, he wrote that he heard their were divisions among them. There was a man who had his father's wife. Paul mentioned it in the epistle. He directly addressed the problem in a way all of them would hear and understand when the letter was read aloud to the congregation.

You might want to talk to them about the PDA and the cross-dressing privately. But you could preach against same sex marriage and address the problem with cross dressing. It's Old Testament, but if all women who wear what pertains to a man are an abomination to the LORD, is there any reason to think that what the Lord finds repulsive has changed?

If you preach on that topic and they are there holding hands, then they could repent, they could leave, or they could keep coming around. If they want to hold hands after you preach against it, then you could talk to them. If they are looking for someone to sue, so what? Don't worry or fear a law suit. Trust God to protect and provide.

Btw do you have anything in your church minutes, bi-laws, etc. on this issue?

If some nudists decided to come to your church, what would you do, btw? Would you leave it alone?
Friendly Face
9/8/16 12:41 pm

Post Carolyn Smith
I'd be interested to know how our OP handled this situation.
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
9/15/16 5:33 pm

Post Resident Skeptic
Carolyn Smith wrote:
I'd be interested to know how our OP handled this situation.

Me too.
9/24/16 1:59 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Feature Presentations This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.