Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Does the Holy Spirit or "the Power" just SHOW UP?

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Does the Holy Spirit or "the Power" just SHOW UP? Old Time Country Preacher
I'm intrigued regarding the statement about the power that "shows up" in a service.

1. Given God's omnipresence, where is this power when it doesn't show up? In a box? In the piano stool? Where does the power reside until it "shows up?"

2. If it just "shows up," is there anything the believer can do to hasten the power's arrival?

3. Does it require a preaching style like Kevin Wallace/TL Lowery to "show up?" Or, could the power "show up" just as frequently with a preaching style like Travis Johnson/Marty Baker?

4. Is the power "showing up" in direct proportion to the enunciation/groveling vocal cords of the preacher who is preaching?

5. Can the power "show up" more intensely if the preacher is constantly, during the course of the sermon, using such phrases as: "Slap ya neighbor an tell em ya love Jesus," "Give somebody a high-five an say 'the devil is a liar,'" or "lay hands on somebody and heal them?"

6. Does the power "show up" easier if the preacher's microphone is set on 9.2 decibels and the sound system is beginning to experience a bit of feedback?

7. After the power "shows up," then shows off, then shows out, where does it go? Is it on its way to "show up" at the next appointment or the next church or the next meetin?

Now, the ole timer is probly gonna hear words like "snarky," or "collectin evidence," or "sowin doubt," (none of which are true) but I'm askin fer a reason.
Acts-pert Poster
1/10/16 8:59 am

Post Cojak
There are a lot of questions along this line. Some of yours are actually legit, maybe all. Some have always been in my mind.

The consolation of 'where 2 or 3 are gathered has always been a comfort. The teaching of scripture that no matter where I can go, he is there, do seem to be forgotten in some of the exuberance of worship. 'Come on down to the front where the Spirit is' has always made me smile.

I believe the sweet Godly person, who is an introvert by nature is as close to God as he/she sits and weeps enjoying the fellowship of our God, is as close to the Spirit of God as the most 'Anointed minister'.

JMHO Embarassed Smile
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
1/10/16 11:05 am

Post I think "shows up" is... Aaron Scott
A term that is meant as manifestation or a display of His glory.

It's like the word "anointing"; we understand what it means better than we can articulate it.
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
1/10/16 2:19 pm

Post Quiet Wyatt
All I know is...He showed up and shined forth this morning! Shoo-wee! GLORY!!! [Insert Acts Pun Here]
1/10/16 2:55 pm

Post Actually good questions......but first I would like to know caseyleejones
...what "power" are you talking about? What does it look like? Acts-perienced Poster
1/10/16 3:12 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic