Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Testimonies of Provision in Answer to Prayer

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Testimonies of Provision in Answer to Prayer Link
With all the pastors and bi-vocational laborers and with the economy the way it has been, I think we could fill an encouraging, faith-building thread up on this topic.

I just experienced an answer to prayer, and I'd like to give God glory.

Pizza
I just graduated, but I'm paid up on the gym and other facilities until the 10th. So I decided to do my taxes in the computer lab after I worked out this afternoon and maybe get started on my part of adapting some previous work into a conference paper with the chair of my dissertation committee. After working out, I was hungry. I'd eaten something at home, enough, I thought, to tide me over until tonight.

I was considering the vending machine. But I wanted something more substantial. I thought of pizza. I prayed and asked God to provide me with some actual food. It's between semesters. There aren't many people walking around, especially after 4:30 PM. But maybe not even a minute or so after praying that, I walked up some stairs to see a professor I knew with a few students and several open pizzas in the courtyard. I said hi, determining not to even look at the pizza or to seem interested in it at all. He instantly offered me pizza, and said 'Take two or three.'

I'm sure thankful for the meal.

I-Phone in the Trash
This one is actually my wife's testimony, but I'll share it. I would like to buy my wife an I-Phone, but I've been in grad school, and there have always been more pressing needs. The Lord did bless us with a way to get her an I-Pad a few years back.

She lost her phone one day. She was trying to figure out where it could be. She was afraid she may have somehow thrown it away.

Then my wife prayed asked God if He could give her an I-Phone.

She peaked in the dumpster, and didn't find her phone. She did see an I-Phone. I got home and she asked me to help her get something out of the dumpster. She actually had to get in there to reach it. Fortunately, the dumpster had recently been emptied. She came out with an I-Phone.

After she saw a picture of the owner in it, she didn't feel right about keeping it. She felt a bit disappointed. I told her she'd prayed for an I-Phone. If the Lord wanted her to have it, the girl might just say she can keep it. We didn't know if girl who we'd seen pass by in the building had accidentally thrown it away. My wife managed to contact her online. She said it had been severely damaged by water, and if she could get it to work, to keep it. So my wife has an I-Phone.

My wife and I both prayed for shoes and got what we were praying for in rather amazing ways. But I've already taken up a lot of space.

Anyone want to share answer to prayer to God for provision?
1/7/16 10:55 pm

Post Link Aaron Scott
Quote:
But I've already taken up a lot of space.

You can't over-praise Jesus! Just keep those good things coming!

Yes, He is WONDERFUL!
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
1/8/16 10:56 am

Post Re: Link Cojak
Aaron Scott wrote:
Quote:
But I've already taken up a lot of space.

You can't over-praise Jesus! Just keep those good things coming!

Yes, He is WONDERFUL!

Thumb Up
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
1/8/16 11:19 am

Post Link
Thanks for the encouragement.

My concern is that if a message gets too long, lots of people don't read it.

If you feel that way, share a testimony if you've got one. Let me know about that check that came in the mail or whatever it was.
1/8/16 2:04 pm

Post Link
Dishwasher
My MBA program was very time consuming, and my wife and I had little kids. I was trying to do dishes to help distribute the housework so she'd have time to get all her stuff done. But I began to realize that there wasn't time for me to do any housework and fulfill the requirements of the MBA program, and my wife needed some help. We had two little ones and she was pregnant.

I don't think I'd ever seen one, but I heard that there was a kind of dishwasher that you can hook up to the sink and roll around. I didn't have a job, so I prayed and asked God if I could just find one somewhere or get one for free. So I started walking around the student housing complex, where students would throw out furniture when they left.

On the second floor of one of the buildings, a student and his family had abandoned a bunch of furniture outside an apartment before moving out. Instead of taking it down to the dumpster and putting it there like they were supposed to, they just left it in the walkway. I asked the building management if I could have an old dishwasher there, and they said yes. So I got a cardboard box and slid that thing down the stairs by myself. I rolled it along the sidewalk until maybe 10 feet from back patio, and then I thought, "How am I going to get this thing across the grass to my place? A man walked by and offered to help me. I had to buy an attachment at Lowe's, but the thing worked fine. It was a great blessing, and a specific answer to prayer.[/b]
1/8/16 2:09 pm

Post THE LOVE OF GOD
Tell it brother. That is what we ALL need. It builds our faith and inturn, builds yours too. If you feel it is too long (I don't), just break it up into several posts. This is a whole lot better than disagreeing on something that doesn't change anything anyway.

Link wrote:
Thanks for the encouragement.

My concern is that if a message gets too long, lots of people don't read it.

If you feel that way, share a testimony if you've got one. Let me know about that check that came in the mail or whatever it was.
Friendly Face
1/8/16 2:35 pm

Post Link
Okay folks, how about some testimonies?
1/8/16 5:32 pm

Post Carolyn Smith
Several years ago, we made plans to go to the General Assembly for my kids to participate in International Teen Talent. Finances have always been an issue for us, so for 5 people to go to TX for a week was a real challenge. We made plans to go with a church group from Fayetteville, NC, Rivers of Living Water COG. We made hotel reservations with the same motel as the church group and would be riding with them to the services. I had some $ set aside for food expenses, but I really didn't know if it was enough for all our meals and whatever spending $ we would need. I prayed and asked the Lord to make a way for us. Did I mention this was for 5 people eating out for a week? I hoped I had enough money but I really wasn't sure, but I didn't know anything else to do except economize and make sandwiches after we got there, if needed.

We left with the church group and traveled in a nice chartered bus to TX. When they stopped at a McDonald's to eat breakfast for the first meal, they told everyone to line up & as they were leaving the bus, they handed everyone a $5 bill to pay for breakfast, including my family. We were with them and had ministered at their church before, but we were not a part of this wonderful church family. After everyone else got off the bus, I spoke to the person handing out the $ and told them it was a mistake. We were not a part of the church group, we were just traveling with them. That person looked at me and said, "As long as you are traveling with us, you are one of us. Take the $ and enjoy your meal."

I was astounded. I stood there with my mouth hung open and tears streaming down my face. That church paid for every single meal for my family for the whole trip. This was such a miracle to me of God's miraculous provision. We had no thought of the church helping us out in this way, but it was such a blessing, and such a relief to me not to wonder if we had enough. This has been almost 20 years ago, and I still can't tell this story without crying. God was faithful to us and blessed us abundantly.

And my son won in Teen Talent that year! Smile
1/8/16 9:32 pm

Post Cojak
Carolyn Smith wrote:
Several years ago, we made plans to go to the General Assembly for my kids to participate in International Teen Talent. ...
This has been almost 20 years ago, and I still can't tell this story without crying. God was faithful to us and blessed us abundantly.

SWEET CArolyn. Cool
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
1/8/16 10:08 pm

Post Ichthus77
Carolyn Smith wrote:
Several years ago, we made plans to go to the General Assembly for my kids to participate in International Teen Talent. Finances have always been an issue for us, so for 5 people to go to TX for a week was a real challenge. We made plans to go with a church group from Fayetteville, NC, Rivers of Living Water COG. We made hotel reservations with the same motel as the church group and would be riding with them to the services. I had some $ set aside for food expenses, but I really didn't know if it was enough for all our meals and whatever spending $ we would need. I prayed and asked the Lord to make a way for us. Did I mention this was for 5 people eating out for a week? I hoped I had enough money but I really wasn't sure, but I didn't know anything else to do except economize and make sandwiches after we got there, if needed.

We left with the church group and traveled in a nice chartered bus to TX. When they stopped at a McDonald's to eat breakfast for the first meal, they told everyone to line up & as they were leaving the bus, they handed everyone a $5 bill to pay for breakfast, including my family. We were with them and had ministered at their church before, but we were not a part of this wonderful church family. After everyone else got off the bus, I spoke to the person handing out the $ and told them it was a mistake. We were not a part of the church group, we were just traveling with them. That person looked at me and said, "As long as you are traveling with us, you are one of us. Take the $ and enjoy your meal."

I was astounded. I stood there with my mouth hung open and tears streaming down my face. That church paid for every single meal for my family for the whole trip. This was such a miracle to me of God's miraculous provision. We had no thought of the church helping us out in this way, but it was such a blessing, and such a relief to me not to wonder if we had enough. This has been almost 20 years ago, and I still can't tell this story without crying. God was faithful to us and blessed us abundantly.

OK, where's a "Like" button when you need it!!

Acts Enthusiast
1/9/16 7:08 pm

Post Amen, Sister Smith! Aaron Scott
I tell the church that if it's sincere, it's OK to "Thank Him Again!"

I remember, many years ago, when I was not even 10-years-old, I don't know that I wanted a horse that badly, but I kept praying for one. My dad, a Church of God evangelist, was at a revival and someone had a horse. My dad got it for me.

I was so happy...until we figured out that there was a reason they had named the horse "Satan." He kicked. He bucked. He bit. He was dangerous.

With my dad so often away in revival, it fell to my mother, sister, and I to take care of that horse. Shouldn't have been a problem so long as we didn't try to ride him. But I had already been bucked (right onto a pine tree root). I had been walking along as my dad rode...when hooves flew by my head. I had been there when the horse had tried to bite my dad.

In any case, my mother, sister, and I went to the pasture someone let us keep him in. My mother was heavily expecting my younger brother. We prepared water for the horse to drink. So far so good.... Then the horse moved into a position where my mother was directly behind him. She didn't know the danger. I didn't "get it" then. But later, you can imagine that dread and terror I felt when I finally realized how deadly that moment had been. Oh, how thankful I was that Jesus had spared my mother and my little brother! I wouldn't doubt that an angel stood in the way, protecting my mother and brother.

Tomorrow morning, 40 plus years after that day, if the Lord tarries, I plan to be in church with both of them in the morning! I've thank Him before, but I want to THANK HIM AGAIN that He spared my saintly mother and my beloved brother (who, incidentally, grew up to be an elite, world-class drummer, a wonderful minister, and a huge help at the church).

Ain't God good! YES! BUT HE'S EVEN BETTER THAN THAT!!!
1/9/16 7:19 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic