Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Talking to God

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Talking to God Cojak
I always wonder WHO has had a personal conversation with, God (believing that the Lord Jesus is also God).

Have you ever had a conversation with God? Not 'impressions' not in your mind, but a real CONVERSATION?

I have had thoughts and ideas that I felt came from God. I have been 'impressed' to do some things. But racking my brain, I cannot think of any that I could 'affirm or declare' with no hesitation was for sure GOD.

If I ever had a conversation with GOD I would remember I am sure. Because once I came close to talking to Nixon and another time came 'close' to a conversation with Bob Hope but it never happened, I would have remembered it, if it had actually happened.

Like Saul on the road to Damascus!

01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
1/5/16 12:52 pm

Post bonnie knox
No, I have only had impressions, and once I was quite mistaken on what I thought was spoken (inaudible impression) to me by the Holy Spirit. [Insert Acts Pun Here]
1/5/16 1:04 pm

Post Link
I talked to a guy one time who said, "Hold on, let me ask the Lord about that" and then he'd say something he said the Lord had said. He was saying basic stuff that didn't necessarily seem theologically off. He was a young guy, Hawaiian with a Hawaiian accent, not pidgin, but with some of the phrases from the old pidgin language, and he was from one of the islands. Last night, someone who didn't know him prophesied about him having a gift to be a prophet and seer, but to be careful not to be deceived, something along those lines.
1/5/16 10:27 pm

Post Quiet Wyatt
Not counting subjective impressions, tongues with interpretation, feeling as if God were speaking to me while reading the Bible, prophecies, sermons where it seemed my mail was being read...Yes, but it was a very One-sided conversation. I myself was rather dumbfounded. It was what I would describe as an Isaiah 6, "Woe is me for I am undone" type of experience. I really wish I could experience that again. I believe such direct, life-altering revelations are not the norm but are definitely the exception in the believer's life. [Insert Acts Pun Here]
1/6/16 1:58 am

Post Resident Skeptic
Link wrote:
I talked to a guy one time who said, "Hold on, let me ask the Lord about that" and then he'd say something he said the Lord had said. He was saying basic stuff that didn't necessarily seem theologically off. He was a young guy, Hawaiian with a Hawaiian accent, not pidgin, but with some of the phrases from the old pidgin language, and he was from one of the islands. Last night, someone who didn't know him prophesied about him having a gift to be a prophet and seer, but to be careful not to be deceived, something along those lines.

Richard Roberts used to do that kind of mess.
1/6/16 6:38 am

Post Cojak
Quiet Wyatt wrote:
Not counting subjective impressions, tongues with interpretation, feeling as if God were speaking to me while reading the Bible, prophecies, sermons where it seemed my mail was being read...Yes, but it was a very One-sided conversation. I myself was rather dumbfounded. It was what I would describe as an Isaiah 6, "Woe is me for I am undone" type of experience. I really wish I could experience that again. I believe such direct, life-altering revelations are not the norm but are definitely the exception in the believer's life.

Thumb Up
1/6/16 11:12 am

Post Cojak
Sorry: duplicate entry. (clicking too fast I guess!)
1/6/16 11:13 am

Post Eddie Robbins
God had a bad habit of interrupting Richard Roberts during his show. Richard would tell him to hold on a minute....

Laughing
Acts-pert Poster
1/6/16 12:10 pm

Post Cojak
Eddie Robbins wrote:
God had a bad habit of interrupting Richard Roberts during his show. Richard would tell him to hold on a minute....

Laughing

Amazing! Confused
1/6/16 12:20 pm

Post I've often wished God would speak to me audibly... roughridercog
My sweet wife laughed and says that I may not like what He says. Laughing
1/7/16 12:14 pm

Post Quiet Wyatt
I should also say that in the experience I described above, I did not hear the audible voice of God, but I did hear him speaking in my heart and mind to such a degree and with such personal specificity to me and my life situation that it was what I would describe as virtually audible. [Insert Acts Pun Here]
1/7/16 12:20 pm

Post diakoneo
Quiet Wyatt wrote:
I should also say that in the experience I described above, I did not hear the audible voice of God, but I did hear him speaking in my heart and mind to such a degree and with such personal specificity to me and my life situation that it was what I would describe as virtually audible.

Yes, the same for me and I would say that it probably had more affect than had it been audible.

And yes it is the exception and not the rule.

God has spoken through preachers, His word and some crazy "coincidences" too!
Golf Cart Mafia Consigliere
1/7/16 6:24 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic