Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

General Assembly Expenses

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post General Assembly Expenses COG Blessed
In viewing the housing and registration costs and knowing that all other expenses will be MUCH higher in Nashville---- my question is: so many churches couldn't afford to send their pastors before, how can they afford Nashville ? Friendly Face
12/6/15 11:37 pm

Post Cojak
It was my experience that the pastor of a small church saved and tried to tie the GA into a vacation. Lot of folks degraded that, but not everyone can afford these hotel and food prices. It would be nice it some electronic means would open to the guy who cannot attend. T'would change the complexion of the votes immensely.
As a motor home dweller, I am always amazed when some mentions $100+ a night for a bed. Shocked
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
12/6/15 11:46 pm

Post expenses COG Blessed
I've looked thru out Nashville and even up to 20 miles away ... very few rooms under $100.00 then taxes and fees apply with some up to over $500.00. It will be hard to travel that far to attend all the business and worship sessions plus parking fees, food, etc.
Yes, most pastors from smaller churches do have to absorb some of the expense. They would like to attend and should be able to. Surely, a more affordable place could have been chosen. Most churches have a state prayer conference, a state camp meeting, and then the General Assembly this coming year.
Yes,a live-stream option with voting priviledges would be great.
Friendly Face
12/7/15 4:09 pm

Post Location Wise this Assembly Will be a bust mytwocents
Costs in Nashville are high; Nashville streets are extremely hilly which will be difficult for older generation; more bars than restaurants. I know Tennessee controls the Church of God but this is not gonna be fun. Acts-celerater
12/7/15 4:26 pm

Post traffic COG Blessed
traffic will be unreal.... so many wrecks and traffic jams ..... not only GA traffic but traffic to all the music venues ........... not looking forward to this one.... understand that parking fees are very high Friendly Face
12/7/15 4:42 pm

Post JLarry
Quote:
I know Tennessee controls the Church of God but this is not gonna be fun.

Maybe as far as the Hdq is concerned but look at the numbers in Georgia.

No one who died without Christ is happy about their decision.
Acts Mod
12/7/15 5:55 pm

Post Re: Location Wise this Assembly Will be a bust THE LOVE OF GOD
I hope that is not the reason they scheduled it in Nashville to TRY to change peoples' mind having an Assembly every 2 years. HOPE it will not be back on the agenda for a vote as it was a loud vote against a 4 year one.

mytwocents wrote:
Costs in Nashville are high; Nashville streets are extremely hilly which will be difficult for older generation; more bars than restaurants. I know Tennessee controls the Church of God but this is not gonna be fun.
Friendly Face
12/7/15 6:42 pm

Post Georgia and Why Nashville mytwocents
I dont think there was a plot to use Nashville to get a 4 yr assembly passed; I just think the people who made this decision are in Tennessee, so it is to their advantage in many ways.

Ref Georgia: There may be more members/churches in Georgia but at the Assembly Tennessee has more General Council attendees than any other state.
Acts-celerater
12/7/15 9:58 pm

Post GA COG Blessed
We have always enjoyed the General Assembly ...the business sessions, worship services, fellowship..... thankful that it's family oriented...... . We are lay people and have attended every GA since 1966 ..only had factory jobs but saved and did what we had to do to be able to attend... sometimes having to only attend a few days due to finances. This one just seems to be the hardest to plan for to us. Yet, planning to attend as much as possible with registration costs being $129.00.
I hope all that desire to attend can do so especially the ministers.
Friendly Face
12/8/15 12:37 pm

Post JLarry
For those of you who feel the need and have a desire to attend the GA. I hope you get to go.

I think Nashville will be a good place for it.

No one who died without Christ is happy about their decision.
Acts Mod
12/8/15 1:19 pm

Post THE LOVE OF GOD
When we pastored, small churches, some years we were not able to go but most, we did. After the Assemblys, we would put up $100 a month for 24 months to help the cost of it. That would be $25 a week for churches. It was kept in a separate fund and used ONLY for Assembly. A lot of weeks, he would not even get a salary. Our clerk could not keep it straight in the church acct., so I kept it in the Ladies acct. Every minister should be able to go. We all need the fellowship and be ONE as the past theme was. We flew a couple of times but most of the time we drove. Would do it all over again. Loved it. Friendly Face
12/8/15 1:26 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic