Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

War on terrorism

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post War on terrorism Eddie Robbins
I know that many would like to see us take it to ISIS by bombing them or fighting them on the ground. If we do that, all hell will break loose here. All of the people like this couple in California will hit us at once all over the country.

I believe there are thousands of them.
Acts-pert Poster
12/4/15 8:39 am

Post Re: War on terrorism UncleJD
Eddie Robbins wrote:
I know that many would like to see us take it to ISIS by bombing them or fighting them on the ground. If we do that, all hell will break loose here. All of the people like this couple in California will hit us at once all over the country.

I agree, probably many tens of thousands, and yes we will collectively live in fear of Islam and never say or do anything hoping they won't kill us. I just read that FILTH had an argument with a Messianic Jew where he claimed Islam was peaceful and Americans "just don't understand Islam". Well on Wednesday he proved both points I guess. But since fear is of the Devil, we should absolutely take it to ISIS over there, they have every intention of bringing it here and I say the sooner we do, the better. I can't stand all this waiting around to see who's next.
Golf Cart Mafia Consigliere
12/4/15 9:00 am

Post Cojak
For some reason I do not think we have that many 'suicidal' Muslims in this country. I think we have many who would like to hit and run and live to fight again, but they learn like these 2 and the Boston guys either way you are committing suicide. I believe we have the majority who would rather live in this country than die in this country although their allegiance is to the fools in the middle East.

I hope I am right!!

And YES i think we should first hit the oil fields, cut off their major money supply and then go get 'em. Twisted Evil
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
12/4/15 4:30 pm

Post c6thplayer1
We need to fire Obama and tell our general to fix this problem and do it quickly
No Questions asked. If these slugs start things over here we need to tell our police to fix the problem , no questions asked , no videos .

islam is not peaceful , they want to kill all of us then whoever is next. When we realize this we would have taken the first step in the right direction.
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
12/4/15 10:36 pm

Post Re: War on terrorism Nick Park
Eddie Robbins wrote:

They would love you to think that, because that's how terrorism works. The aim of terrorists is not to kill people (even the most effective terrorist campaign never end up killing a fraction of the numbers killed in automobile accidents). The aim of terrorism is, as the word suggests, ti spread fear and terror.

The best response to terrorism is to carry on living our lives. I grew up in a terrorist scenario, and you learn to get on with living. Where possible, mock and laugh at the terrorists - show them that you aren't scared of them. That's why, in France and other European countries, people are photoshopping photos of ISIS and tweeting them with their faces transformed into rubber ducks.

These guys are jumped up playground bullies, and you never ever let a bully see that you are afraid.

Security analysts think there are about 30,000 ISIS members worldwide (although obviously that number will increase if our governments bomb a lot of children into pieces). Only a small percentage of those are in the West. For most of us, there is a greater statistical risk that you will die by slipping in the shower than that you will be the victim of a terrorist attack.

And look at it this way. Even if everyone of those 30,000 become suicide bombers (and the majority of them are too cowardly to do that anyway). There are only 30,000 of them and there are 7,000,000,000 of the rest of us. They can only take a tiny percentage of us out, and each time they do there's one less of them to worry about. I like those odds.

http://eaiseanchai.wordpress.com/
Acts Enthusiast
12/5/15 5:47 am

Post Sorry Nick but that's not true according to "peaceful" Muslims UncleJD
Nick and Tom, based on their own pro-Islam-is-peaceful website, I disagree.

5. Muslims support violence and terrorism.

The vast majority of Muslims are moderate, pious people who suffer more from terrorism and violence than non-Muslims. Ninety-three percent of Muslims do not support extremist views of terrorism.

Which, according to their most positive spin possible, leaves 7% that do support extremist views of terrorism (note that it does't say "support extremist views of Islam, but "of TERRORISM"). Anyone knows that the pro-anything website will give the best possible number, but many say that number is conservatively 20% or more. But if we go by THEIR number and know that there are over 3 MILLION Muslims living in America, then by their own calculation, there are AT LEAST 210,000 Muslims in America that support extreme terrorism.

Here's the link if you want to read it, remember, this is a spin-doctor trying to put their best possible foot forward so there is no way its as low as they claim. I would guess that at best, this 7% number comes from America only seeing that it is probably has the least radical Muslim population.

https://encounteringislam.org/misconceptions
12/5/15 10:25 am

Post Dave Dorsey
UncleJD, that's a worldwide number. It's not logical to extrapolate and say it's also 7% of US Muslims, when the original number contains the entire populations of Pakistan, Iran, Saudi Arabia, Algeria, Egypt, etc.

I'm not saying it's not 7% of US Muslims, because I can't demonstrate that, but you can't support that is with a worldwide number. That's bad statistical analysis.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
12/5/15 10:31 am

Post UncleJD
Dave Dorsey wrote:
UncleJD, that's a worldwide number. It's not logical to extrapolate and say it's also 7% of US Muslims, when the original number contains the entire populations of Pakistan, Iran, Saudi Arabia, Algeria, Egypt, etc.

I'm not saying it's not 7% of US Muslims, because I can't demonstrate that, but you can't support that is with a worldwide number. That's bad statistical analysis.

Its false Dave, there's no way its only 7%, this is spin. But go on and say that, lets just lay down and welcome them in.
12/5/15 10:49 am

Post Dave Dorsey
UncleJD wrote:
But go on and say that, lets just lay down and welcome them in.

That's actually not the only alternative to misapplying statistics. There are other options. Laughing

To the main point -- if Eddie's right, and to some extent he almost certainly is, then that's all the more reason to get the train rolling. The longer the US lets ISIS sit, the more assets they are going to be able to radicalize within our borders.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
12/5/15 10:50 am

Post c6thplayer1
How many christians in America believe what our bible says is truth and should be followed? I would say at least 90%

Not to differentiate ;

How many Catholics in America believe what their bible says is truth and should be followed? I would say at least 97%

If these percentages are fairly accurate then it would only stand to reason that
90% of muslims believe the same about their bible.

Here is a portion of what their bible tells them to do.

2:65 Allah transforms disobedient Jews into apes

2:89 Unbelievers, particularly Jews, are accursed

2:191-193 Fight and kill unbelievers until “religion is Allah’s,” i.e. Islamic law rules all societies

3:28 Don’t take unbelievers as friends and allies, unless it is for “fear of them,” i.e. deceptively for protection of oneself or of Islam

4:34 Beat disobedient women

5:33 Crucify or amputate the hands and feet of those who make war against Allah and Muhammad

Yeah these slugs are real peaceful and wonderful people. Your better off petting a rattle snake than trying to friend a muslim.
12/5/15 11:10 am

Post Dave Dorsey
c6thplayer1 wrote:
How many christians in America believe what our bible says is truth and should be followed? I would say at least 90%

No way. Try 50%, give or take depending on the question you ask.

These statistics are all from self-professing Christians:
    69% agree or somewhat agree that Satan is not a real being
    39% believe Jesus sinned while on the earth
    58% agree or somewhat agree that the Holy Spirit is not a real being
    45% held a positive opinion of (5%) or claimed they didn't know enough about (40%) Wicca, despite it being described to them in the question as "an organized form of witchcraft"
    41% agree or somewhat agree that the Bible, Koran, and Book of Mormon are all different expressions of the same spiritual truths
These numbers change if you limit the survey to self-professing Christians who claim to be born again, as one would expect. However, just as not all self-professing Christians are radical about their faith, not all self-professing Muslims are radical about their faith.

And just to be clear, you just made up two percentages based on your gut feelings and then claimed it would "only stand to reason" that another statistic was true, if those were. That in no way stands to reason.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
12/5/15 11:19 am

Post UncleJD
it was in regards to the "only 30,000" of them. There may "only" be 30,000 members of ISIS (a number that strangely hasn't grown any since I've been reading about them over 2 years but their territory and influence seems to be growing). According to the most pro-islam-is-peaceful website I can find, at least 7% of Muslims are terrorists in their world-view. That means there are AT LEAST 105,000,000 terrorist-leaning Muslims world-wide. So even best-case, I can't see there being less than 21,000 in the US today. That is a VERY conservative number taking only 10% of their own stats. Considering how much damage 2 or 3 of them are capable of doing, then we have a very real challenge that will take the majority of Americans to meet. We can NOT rely on our government or military even if we wanted to. Golf Cart Mafia Consigliere
12/5/15 12:51 pm

Post bonnie knox
Tom, I suspect no one is ever quite alarmed enough (chose your topic) to suit UncleJD. In this case, you are vastly underestimating the threat of sleeper cells in the US ready to spring at any moment according to UncleJD (if I'm reading him right).
UncleJD never concedes, but would be glad to secede, imo.

P.S. I was posting while UncleJD was posting. It probably makes my post seem superfluous now. Oh, well.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
12/5/15 12:53 pm

Post UncleJD
bonnie knox wrote:
Tom, I suspect no one is ever quite alarmed enough (chose your topic) to suit UncleJD. In this case, you are vastly underestimating the threat of sleeper cells in the US ready to spring at any moment according to UncleJD (if I'm reading him right).
UncleJD never concedes, but would be glad to secede, imo.

P.S. I was posting while UncleJD was posting. It probably makes my post seem superfluous now. Oh, well.

You're right Bonnie, I concede, nothing to see here. Sad workplace stress pushed these poor peaceful people over the edge less than a month after some other peaceful people in France did the same thing. I just don't understand it. Oh well, back to sleep, I feel so much better. good thing they weren't even on the Fed's radar, that must be proof that there are so few of them out there.
12/5/15 1:10 pm

Post Nick used the term.. Cojak
That some 'would be terrorists' are 'too cowardly' to be human bombs, I agree, especially here in the USA.

I do hope I am not wrong, but if there were as many volunteer 'suicide bombers' you would see 10 or more at time square at new years, bundled up against the weather.

You would see Every major crowded mall with 'suicide bombers' over Christmas. They do not have that many 'volunteers to die' in the USA. That is my logical guess, and I sure hope I am right. Embarassed

There is nothing I can do about it if I am wrong, I wish I could. But I do like to be prepared, I always carry a 'knife'. Wink

Now I am not saying that we have no terrorists, just that I think home grown ones are less 'ready' to DIE for the cause.

That couple yesterday planned to live to fight another day, or they would have stayed and kept killing, no they wanted to escape if possible. They did make preparations in case it didn't' work, but they still tried to live. Idea

No need to point out that Nick has lived this, he ain't guessing. Shocked

I think of Nick when I read 'Jack Higgins'. Cool
12/5/15 1:28 pm

Post UncleJD
I agree that not every one of the potential terrorists in our country have made the turn, but its in the road ahead if you follow my analogy. I wonder just how much it takes to push them around that bend? Every time we hear of one of these, their families and friends talk about how they were just normal everyday Muslims at one point, then they became "radicalized". It seems like the road from "moderate" to jihaadi is pretty short since it usually comes as such a surprise. One video, one romantic encounter in Mecca? I thought from the first that it was the woman who was at the root of this one, she "radicalized" the guy with a little womanly charm in the romantic hot-spot of Mecca. Now we learn that this kind of Islam marriage tourism is pretty common, but of course we won't have the stomach to investigate everyone over here on such visas. In my opinion the whole family needs to be interrogated to find out what they know. Even if they don't know they know, they know something or someone involved with their son/brother. But no, we will just let them get on TV and say how its the coworkers faults for arguing Islam with him. Rolling Eyes Golf Cart Mafia Consigliere
12/5/15 1:54 pm

Post Marriage to a person of another country. Cojak
I had a friend in the USAF who fell in love with a lady in England and had to jump thru a lot of hoops to get it approved to bring her back to the states with him.

I had a nephew who wanted to marry in TAiwan, and did, but neither was a short time thing, it involved months of red tape and forms. Bot these were over 30 yrs ago, has it changed that much?

This is referring to the last terrorist, of course, who married in Saudi Arabia. Then to hear that it is an encouraged practice among the Terrorists.
12/5/15 3:32 pm

Post c6thplayer1
Dave I guess you could argue stats several ways so I'll restate -

" I believe that the Majority of muslims agree with their faith and abide by their bible just as we do ours. "

Therefore , considering what the Quran says to muslims , it would be in every ones best interest to avoid these people , take measures to ensure they do not come to our country until this cult has their problem under control with humanity. Who cares what they think about us.
12/5/15 5:53 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic