Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Lesbians in our church

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Lesbians in our church JLarry
There are two women that have been attending our church for quite a while now. They look like (dress hair, no make up ect;) lesbians. My wife and I set near them. We have talked about this more than once.

Today they sat right behind us. During service today I was sitting thinking about them. I heard one of them (dress and hair, no make up ect;) the pastor a few times. So I decided to introduce myself to them and treat them the best way I could.

After church we went to lunch with our worship leader and his wife. I asked his wife who knows more of what is going on than most (she is a hair dresser). I was shocked to find out the "lesbians" are actually sisters.

At my age one would think I would know better than judge a book by its cover. But this proves I am still learning.

No one who died without Christ is happy about their decision.
Acts Mod
11/29/15 2:25 pm

Post c6thplayer1
Regardless of who or what they are Larry , be glad they are in church. This is one of the few places to hear the truth about Jesus and your the mantle that will pass this on. Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
11/29/15 2:30 pm

Post Not the pastor JLarry
I should have mentioned that I am not the pastor.

I agree with the last poster. What better place can a Lesbian/homosexual to be than in Church.

I shamefully admit I was bothered by them to the point I caught myself avoiding them. I asked for forgiveness this morning before I discovered they were sisters. I do feel somewhat better, not justified, that I repented before I found out the facts.

No one who died without Christ is happy about their decision.
Acts Mod
11/29/15 2:34 pm

Post Re: Lesbians in our church Old Time Country Preacher
JLarry wrote:
There are two women that have been attending our church for quite a while now. They look like (dress hair, no make up ect;) lesbians.

Dr. JL, what does a Lesbian look like?
Acts-pert Poster
11/29/15 2:42 pm

Post Re: Lesbians in our church bonnie knox
Old Time Country Preacher wrote:
JLarry wrote:
There are two women that have been attending our church for quite a while now. They look like (dress hair, no make up ect;) lesbians.

Apparently he's the wrong one to ask, lol.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
11/29/15 5:17 pm

Post Carolyn Smith
One of the accusations against Jim Bakker when he lost his AG minister's license was that he gave someone a "homosexual look."

Making assumptions is never a good thing.
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
11/29/15 10:07 pm

Post Re: Lesbians in our church Cojak
JLarry wrote:
There are two women that have been attending our church for quite a while now. They look like (dress hair, no make up ect;) lesbians. My wife and I set near them. We have talked about this more than once.

Today they sat right behind us. During service today I was sitting thinking about them. I heard one of them (dress and hair, no make up ect;) the pastor a few times. So I decided to introduce myself to them and treat them the best way I could.

After church we went to lunch with our worship leader and his wife. I asked his wife who knows more of what is going on than most (she is a hair dresser). I was shocked to find out the "lesbians" are actually sisters.

At my age one would think I would know better than judge a book by its cover. But this proves I am still learning.

This is GREAT post my friend. We talk about it often. In the 50's girls held hands walking down the side walk and NO ONE thought a thing. My wife held hands with her best friend.
In the 50's in most European cities I was in the girls held hands. I never thought a thing about it.

NOW? I FIND MYSELF WONDERING! and it is because of today's world. Confused
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
11/29/15 10:27 pm

Post Eddie Robbins
Carolyn Smith wrote:
One of the accusations against Jim Bakker when he lost his AG minister's license was that he gave someone a "homosexual look."

Making assumptions is never a good thing.

Seems like Falwell accused Jim of having an affair with both women and men.
Acts-pert Poster
11/30/15 7:55 am

Post Re: Lesbians in our church Eddie Robbins
Cojak wrote:
JLarry wrote:

This is GREAT post my friend. We talk about it often. In the 50's girls held hands walking down the side walk and NO ONE thought a thing. My wife held hands with her best friend.
In the 50's in most European cities I was in the girls held hands. I never thought a thing about it.

And, my Dad used to kiss the men on the cheek. Anybody still doing that now?
Acts-pert Poster
11/30/15 7:56 am

Post Re: Lesbians in our church Old Time Country Preacher
Eddie Robbins wrote:
Cojak wrote:
JLarry wrote:

And, my Dad used to kiss the men on the cheek. Anybody still doing that now?

I've read at verse, Eddie, but don't practice it. I really think when Paul wrote at thing his stomach had been hurtin, an he took a little too much medicine (wine), which got his thinkin a littly awry fer 2-3 hours. Cool
Acts-pert Poster
11/30/15 10:05 am

Post bonnie knox
Sorry, Ole Timer, it says "kiss" in the KJV, so that's what we have to go with.
I have seen some folks overseas kindly make a pucker and a smacking noise without any contact, so maybe you can do it thattaway. Or if just thinking about the ideer makes ya sick, maybe ya need a little moonshine for ya own stomach's sake.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
11/30/15 10:15 am

Post Old Time Country Preacher
bonnie knox wrote:
Sorry, Ole Timer, it says "kiss" in the KJV, so that's what we have to go with.
I have seen some folks overseas kindly make a pucker and a smacking noise without any contact, so maybe you can do it thattaway. Or if just thinking about the ideer makes ya sick, maybe ya need a little moonshine for ya own stomach's sake.

Ima gonna have to go with a cultural interpretation on at one. Hey, them Middle Eastern brethren can kiss both sides a the cheek all they want, but when the ole timer meets a feller, hey, its gonna be a handshake. Ima livin out Paul's admonition in "my" culture, not thern. Cool
Acts-pert Poster
11/30/15 11:16 am

Post bonnie knox
Alright, I think we can agree them fellers in them days had some strange ways--wearin long dresses an kissin other fellers an all. I think we can agree, but you had me worried when you said you thought Brother Paul was drunk. The Bible is INSPIRED, and it weren't writ by no drunk! Just so we git that clair. [Insert Acts Pun Here]
11/30/15 1:13 pm

Post Re: Lesbians in our church Nature Boy Florida
Old Time Country Preacher wrote:
JLarry wrote:

Rosie
Ellen

That's the only ones I know.
11/30/15 2:11 pm

Post Old Time Country Preacher
bonnie knox wrote:
you had me worried when you said you thought Brother Paul was drunk.

Hey, the ole timer was just joshin on at one. You dead right, Paul was not no drunk.
Acts-pert Poster
11/30/15 4:06 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic