Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Good point of Pastors I have known AND have you ever had Shingles?

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Good point of Pastors I have known AND have you ever had Shingles? Cojak
I just wanted to mention something I have noticed in successful pastors. Successful in ministering and in a living church. I was reminded of this by having Bro. Powers as the interim pastor at Wildwood. He pastored Inverness when we attended. I notices almost every service he took time to comment on one or two of the members from the pulpit in prelims or in the sermon. It reminded me of my dad, Bro. Carter and a couple others did that. My dad always included the youth and kids names from the pulpit.

I never made a practice of it, but it would not hurt to make a list and mention everyone over a period of a year, it would bless some folk to know they are noticed by their pastor.

Now a question, I was a builder, so when my wife notified our sons that I had shingles, both of the wanted them delivered as soon as possible. One of the Acts participants sent me a joke. I appreciate the levity, but what I wondered was if you have had Shingles, how long did they last?

And what did you do other than SMILE! Shocked
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
11/10/15 2:46 pm

Post Cojak JLarry
I have about 24-25 squares on my roof. Smile

Actually my wife had them about 20 years ago. Don't know what she took. But I do know they were a PAIN.

No one who died without Christ is happy about their decision.
Acts Mod
11/10/15 5:22 pm

Post Re: Cojak Cojak
JLarry wrote:
I have about 24-25 squares on my roof. Smile

Actually my wife had them about 20 years ago. Don't know what she took. But I do know they were a PAIN.

You got that many, you probably don't need anymore, I'll delver them elsewhere. Twisted Evil

My problem is the shingles are now closing mu right eye. This really ain't no fun! Embarassed Wink
11/10/15 5:33 pm

Post JLarry
Cojak I know shingles is no laughing matter. I understand they hurt and itch.

Lord, take those shingles from my friend.

Now will the rest of you pray also. You too Brad. Smile

Sorry, I had to do that.

No one who died without Christ is happy about their decision.
Acts Mod
11/10/15 5:40 pm

Post I had them roughridercog
They took a week to burst and crust over. Pure agony
11/10/15 6:26 pm

Post THE LOVE OF GOD
Make sure if ANYBODY gets them on their head, have them checked immediately. My best friend broke out in a rash and was in the edge of his hair going down toward his eye. He didn't know it was shingles and the doctor took one look and immediately sent him to the hospital. They put him in a room all by himself (special room so the germ would not be ventilated to other rooms - I don't know what you call it. The doctor said if he had waited one more day, he would have been blind in his right eye. Strange was he had no pain but they loaded him with antibotics and everything else. His still has problems with his eye. Doesn't see as well as he should but no re-occurrences. Friendly Face
11/10/15 6:32 pm

Post Shingles BishopsWife
I have had them twice. Once without the rash. Lasted 8 weeks, extremely painful. The first time did not get the anti-virals soon enough and ended up with posterpetic neuropathy. That is not good! Meds were Gabapentin. Acts Enthusiast
11/10/15 7:19 pm

Post Cojak
It is on my head and around my right eye. I did go to the Doctor and she prescribed the meds and recommended I see the eye dr. immediately. I did.
No problem with the eye so far, but come back in 3 weeks.
The right eye is practically swollen closed at present.

We are near Disney, I thought of getting a job as a Pirate for a few weeks.

I am fortunate, my body has a natural resistance(tolerance) to pain. My wife says I am morbid. I do all dental work with out meds. except once on removing a wisdom tooth, the dentist slipped the needle in, said it would hurt him without it. LOL One dentist kept stopping a root canal saying are you sure?

Anyway I am very fortunate in that area, it isn't my doing. I can tell it hurts, my biggest problem with shingles so far, is a BAD headache that comes and goes with it.

We are taking the entire family on a cruise in mid December and am hoping it is GONE by then. It is still 34 days, that should do it, right? Sad
11/10/15 8:08 pm

Post Shingles BishopsWife
If u get past the first two weeks each day after that you will feel an improvement. I'm pretty pain tolerant as well but the shingles was bad! Acts Enthusiast
11/10/15 8:24 pm

Post Yes, I had shingles COGLayman
I had shingles about 20 years ago. At the time I was under a lot of stress and that probably had a lot to do with it. I noticed some unusual feelings a few weeks before I a diagnosed with them. My skin was tender on my lower stomach near where a patch of blisters showed up. My side hurt. Sleeping became difficult.

I went to the doctor who told me I had shingles. He took a blood test to confirm it. He gave me prednisone and an anti-viral drug. He told me to go home and stay in bed and take it easy for the next two weeks as if I had a bad flu.

With rest and the two prescriptions I started to improve quickly. Within two or three weeks I was doing fairly well. However, for years afterward the same nerves that were inflamed from shingles would flare up from time to time. Advil helped a lot.

The bottom line is to get treatment as soon as possible. Get rest and try to reduce stress.
Friendly Face
11/10/15 9:44 pm

Post Re: Yes, I had shingles Cojak
COGLayman wrote:
I had shingles about 20 years ago. At the time I was under a lot of stress and that probably had a lot to do with it. I noticed some unusual feelings a few weeks before I a diagnosed with them. My skin was tender on my lower stomach near where a patch of blisters showed up. My side hurt. Sleeping became difficult.

I went to the doctor who told me I had shingles. He took a blood test to confirm it. He gave me prednisone and an anti-viral drug. He told me to go home and stay in bed and take it easy for the next two weeks as if I had a bad flu.

With rest and the two prescriptions I started to improve quickly. Within two or three weeks I was doing fairly well. However, for years afterward the same nerves that were inflamed from shingles would flare up from time to time. Advil helped a lot.

The bottom line is to get treatment as soon as possible. Get rest and try to reduce stress.

Thanks dude, that sorta describes my situation. I am taking the same prescription, so I am glad to hear that. I also got a series of antibiotic STUFF!
I have 34 days before going to sea, I hope it is better....

I appreciate all the information and comments. I am doing well but just in the last couple hours I have a big soft sack beneath my eye. I won't do it, but I have an inclination to stick a needle in it. Mama says NO WAY pretty loud. Smile
11/10/15 9:54 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic