Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

It has been a week!

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post It has been a week! Carolyn Smith
It has been quite a week here at my house. On Tuesday, my husband had surgery for his right great toe to be amputated. In the scheme of things with his physical problems, not such a biggie, but it is going to put him off his feet for a while. He has been using a scooter at home some but mostly walking around. The doc wants him non-weight bearing for probably two to three months (maybe longer).

I was already feeling a bit overwhelmed by this, since that means he won't be able to do a lot of things, which leaves me as the Lone Ranger. Wink

Then on Tuesday while he was in surgery, I took his scooter out to the car and when I did, something behind my heel snapped. It hurt between there and my calf really bad. This is the same foot I had tendon repair surgery on years ago and still have a lot of pain with it. I can't stand long or walk far because of it, and I use a scooter at work myself to keep the pain at a minimum. Now the pain has gone down into the tendon area where I had surgery before.

This really kind of freaked me out, and I had to do a lot of talking to myself on Wednesday. I remembered what I'd taught the last two weeks about when storms hit our life - Don't panic! We can't react in fear, but in faith, and that as long as Jesus is in the boat with us, we are not going down. I made it through the day by God's grace without giving in to the panic I was feeling.

I went to the ortho doc on Thursday, and he said I have small tissue strain. I have an MRI scheduled on Monday morning (dropping hubby at another doc before, going to work after MRI and picking hubby up when he's done & taking him home 20 minutes away, then back to work). I'll see the ortho doc on Wednesday morning and find out the results of the MRI. He may put me in a cast to help the healing process. If it's anything more complicated, I'll have to go back to the surgeon that did the original surgery for her input. I have a bill with her that will need to be cleared up before I can see her again.

Thanks for your prayers for my hubby. Would appreciate your continued prayers! God has a plan. Smile
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
10/17/15 10:16 am

Post Cojak
Prayers going up and the best o thoughts coming your way. Love to you and THE MAN! Smile
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
10/17/15 10:43 am

Post bigchurchmouse
Praying that things get better and you get a good report from your MRI. Keep trusting God. Golf Cart Mafia Capo
10/18/15 3:53 pm

Post praying wayne
Isn't it funny how after we preach/teach a topic like this, we sometimes have to demonstrate what we said. Been there many times.

Praying for you.
Acts Enthusiast
10/19/15 7:21 am

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic