Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Is this Pre-Trib?

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Is this Pre-Trib? Link
I'm looking at Matthew 24.

Do you think this verse refer to the rapture?

Quote:

31 And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.

Now consider the context
Quote:

29 Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken:

30 And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.

31 And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.

Isn't this passage post-trib?

Where are the pre-trib passages? I can't find them in my Bible. It always seems to be assumed, but not directly taught in scripture, unless one counts making the apostasy into the rapture or something along those lines.
10/13/15 3:00 pm

Post c6thplayer1
my understanding is that the elect is the 144,000 and will not be raptured at the beginning of the tribulation. Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
10/13/15 4:08 pm

Post Nature Boy Florida
Jesus comes back to earth after the tribulation. Somebody has to fight at Armageddon.

How is this a shock? Most evangelicals believe this.
10/13/15 4:46 pm

Post Link
c6thplayer1 wrote:
my understanding is that the elect is the 144,000 and will not be raptured at the beginning of the tribulation.

Don't you think God chose you?

Why would the passage skip over the rapture?

Why would the Corinthian church and everyone who calls upon Jesus not come behind in spiritual gifts waiting for Jesus to come back if we aren't going to be here when he gets back?

I Corinthians 1
7 So that ye come behind in no gift; waiting for the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ:
8 Who shall also confirm you unto the end, that ye may be blameless in the day of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Why would Paul say this if we are to be 'made alive' seven years before Jesus' coming?

I Corinthians 15
22 For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive.
23 But every man in his own order: Christ the firstfruits; afterward they that are Christ's at his coming.

'You' in the following passage is the church in Thessalonica. Why does Paul write about Jesus coming back and taking vengeance on the wicked when he gives the church rest and comes to be glorified in the saints. If the church gets it's rest 7 years before the tribulation, why does Paul talk about it happening at the second coming?

II Thessalonanians 1
6 Seeing it is a righteous thing with God to recompense tribulation to them that trouble you;
7 And to you who are troubled rest with us, when the Lord Jesus shall be revealed from heaven with his mighty angels,
8 In flaming fire taking vengeance on them that know not God, and that obey not the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ:
9 Who shall be punished with everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord, and from the glory of his power;
10 When he shall come to be glorified in his saints, and to be admired in all them that believe (because our testimony among you was believed) in that day.

I know there are some verses that can be interpreted to fit into the pre-trib framework. But where are the verses that actually teach the pre-trib framework. And don't these passages contradict pre-trib?
10/13/15 5:46 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic