Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Perry Stone must have a deep planted source in Israel who knows someone in America
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Old Time Country Preacher
Carolyn Smith wrote:
Old Time Country Preacher wrote:
Carolyn Smith wrote:
It means he prophesies at times but does not walk in the office of a prophet.

I wonder if he was prophesyin when he told at story bout Exodus 32:32?

I gotta give it to you, OTCP...you sure know how to beat a dead horse!

Carolyn, the good Book says to test the spirits to see if they are from God. When somebody preaches something from the pulpit as true, an you find out it aint true, a feller leaves the door open for questions over everything he says. Now, if Perry came out an said somethin like, "when I preached on Exodus 32:32, with the best information I had at the time, I thought this was correct. But further study has revealed that I was incorrect," hey, this would speak volumes regardin the fellers desire fer truth an integrity. Its been over 30 years Carolyn, an ats never happened. We all have made mistakes an said stuff we thought was right an it wasn't. But when a fellers entire ministry span has involved repeated instances a such stuff, hey, ya can't help but wonder when a "new" word comes forth.
Acts-pert Poster
9/14/15 8:07 pm

Post Carolyn Smith

Carolyn, the good Book says to test the spirits to see if they are from God. When somebody preaches something from the pulpit as true, an you find out it aint true, a feller leaves the door open for questions over everything he says. Now, if Perry came out an said somethin like, "when I preached on Exodus 32:32, with the best information I had at the time, I thought this was correct. But further study has revealed that I was incorrect," hey, this would speak volumes regardin the fellers desire fer truth an integrity. Its been over 30 years Carolyn, an ats never happened. We all have made mistakes an said stuff we thought was right an it wasn't. But when a fellers entire ministry span has involved repeated instances a such stuff, hey, ya can't help but wonder when a "new" word comes forth.

I wonder how you would know if he ever retracted anything, unless you've listened to all his sermons the last 30 years. He rarely repeats his messages.

I don't agree with everything I've ever heard him preach, but at the same time I wouldn't trash his ministry or eye him suspiciously. At least you can't accuse him of being boring. Wink

It continues to amaze me that one of the most well known ministers in the COG is regularly mocked on this board instead of supported. From what I understand, the royalties from all those books "he is trying to sell" goes directly to his ministry. He receives a salary set by his board. He supports orphanages and missionaries, sends free material to prisoners, and has built an international global ministry there in Cleveland. I am sure he has gotten a lot of things wrong through the years (haven't we all?) but he has gotten a lot right, too.

Perhaps you should look at some of those things for a change.
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
9/14/15 8:43 pm

Carolyn wrote: It continues to amaze me that one of the most well known ministers in the COG is regularly mocked on this board.

Carolyn, please know that my intent is not to "mock on this board" any COG minister--including Perry Stone. As I said in a previous post, I have no vendetta agin Perry at all.
Acts-pert Poster
9/14/15 9:46 pm

Post Carolyn Smith
Carolyn wrote: It continues to amaze me that one of the most well known ministers in the COG is regularly mocked on this board.

Carolyn, please know that my intent is not to "mock on this board" any COG minister--including Perry Stone. As I said in a previous post, I have no vendetta agin Perry at all.

Well, if you don't, it sure seems you stir the pot with your "dash" story & then sit back & wait for others to join in the party.

So how would you feel if you were Perry Stone reading this? Uplifted, blessed?

One of these days I'll stop taking the bait & posting in response.
9/14/15 11:20 pm

Carolyn Smith wrote:
So how would you feel if you were Perry Stone reading this? Uplifted, blessed?.

I really wish he would read my comments on Acts and respond accordingly.
Acts-pert Poster
9/15/15 2:58 am

Post Carolyn Smith
Carolyn Smith wrote:
So how would you feel if you were Perry Stone reading this? Uplifted, blessed?.

I really wish he would read my comments on Acts and respond accordingly.

I doubt seriously he has time for that. I get the feeling from some comments I've heard that he tried Acts a long time ago and decided not to waste his time here arguing about things COG preachers supposedly believe.

If you have serious questions, his ministry is right there in Cleveland, TN. Stop by sometime and see if someone can help you out.

I am sure Perry Stone has made his share of mistakes and gotten some stuff wrong. Some of it is a little out there. But I also believe he is sincerely doing his best to preach the gospel, win souls, and share with Christians what he feels like God has given him. He's given his life to the gospel since he was 18 years old, and I hate to see his name dragged through the mud. That may not be your intent or any other person's but from my perspective, that's what it sounds like. His ministry has blessed my life through a cassette tape or CD many times when I desperately needed to hear a word from the Lord, and I won't stand by and quietly if I feel untruth is being spoken.

I will try my best to shut up now.
9/15/15 5:56 am

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic