Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

What is so difficult/challengin bout reportin by the 5th of the month?

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post What is so difficult/challengin bout reportin by the 5th of the month? Old Time Country Preacher
Ever since I was young timer, the state paper would show folk what said "No Report." An through the years I noticed it was typically the same churches an preachers.

I don't know, boys, I just simply don't understand it. It takes me less than 5 minutes to report online. Except in cases of emergency (death/crisis/etc.), or an occasional "fergittin," hey, they just aint no good reason fer consistently bein late.

An I can't help but wonder, these preachers whats always late, if their church folk was consistently late in everything they done, how they would feel bout it.
Acts-pert Poster
9/4/15 10:52 am

Post c6thplayer1
I'm with you 100% OT. If you can be 5 minutes late every week then you can be 5 minutes early every week.

Our finance officer is consistently late with EVERYTHING. I have talked to him about it , humiliated him about it , made fun of him about it and nothing works.

I have even asked him how can he hold a secular job with his punctuality
problem.

We had an ice cream social once and he was going to bring a jug of ice cream as was a few others. He showed up 40 minutes late. Everyone was finished with their ice cream.

He volunteered to do something in one of our meetings. I interrupted and asked the staff if punctuality mattered with this job. It was just laughed off.

I give up. Anything that requires punctuality and he is in charge of , you wont see me at the event. Its not worth getting aggravated at anymore.
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
9/4/15 1:50 pm

Post Old Time Country Preacher
What is ironic, C, bout most preachers whats consistently late with their ministerial and church reports, if somebody in their church was like at, they would get upset about it. But seems like I remember a little story bout a goose an a gander................ Acts-pert Poster
9/4/15 2:09 pm

Post c6thplayer1
I found the common denominator of those with punctuality problems.

There All Democrats and this can be proven mathematically.
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
9/4/15 4:16 pm

Post Cojak
I was never late nor was the clerk. However my form was filled with a lot of goose-eggs, and simple. Maybe some have lots more numbers to count. I do agree with 'early and on time.'

It is just my opinion, but when possible every citizen should spend at least 6 months active military duty preferably 2 yrs. For some reason the world today does not understand my instructors point, as C6th said, if you can be late, you can be early.

I will never get over tenants who are late every month with the rent and pay $25 late fee. I even gave them a months rent free so they could catch up, in 2 months they were late again, does not make sense. I do not get the $25 the manager does, but the tenant pays it EVERY month. CRAZY!

I reckon the ones with 'No Report' don't worry about it. There are times I wish I was not so time conscience. Embarassed
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
9/4/15 10:05 pm

Post georgiapath
Seems like it is a "don't care" attitude. I can't stand people like that, if you don't want to do your job, then quit. Acts-dicted
9/7/15 8:47 am

Post Da Sheik
My assumption is that after paying the mortgage, utilities, and other expenses, that they are not able to come up with the required percentages. Of course, those who view the International/State offices as the right arm of God will say that the COG tithe check is the first one to write and then pay the mortgage and utilities with what's left.

I've always paid my franchise fees so I'm not referring to myself. But I have been in the situation where I had to decide what bill to pay. Do we keep the doors open or satisfy headquarters? It's a tough place to be. So don't judge too harshly. Now if this is a habitual problem and these churches and pastors are simply choosing not to report on the basis of rebellion, that's completely another matter.
Acts Enthusiast
9/8/15 10:53 am

Post Old Time Country Preacher
Da Sheik wrote:
My assumption is that after paying the mortgage, utilities, and other expenses, that they are not able to come up with the required percentages. Of course, those who view the International/State offices as the right arm of God will say that the COG tithe check is the first one to write and then pay the mortgage and utilities with what's left.

I've always paid my franchise fees so I'm not referring to myself. But I have been in the situation where I had to decide what bill to pay. Do we keep the doors open or satisfy headquarters? It's a tough place to be. So don't judge too harshly. Now if this is a habitual problem and these churches and pastors are simply choosing not to report on the basis of rebellion, that's completely another matter.

Sheik, it's at latter bunch the ole timer is talkin bout. When a feller has been pastorin fer 20 years an 80% a the state papers has got "no report," my goodness, somebody has a problem with discipline and faithfulness. An if the pastorin their church like at, they need help...
Acts-pert Poster
9/8/15 11:19 am

Post franchise fees ? c6thplayer1
Well I guess one could label it as that. Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
9/8/15 11:57 am

Post Re: franchise fees ? Da Sheik
c6thplayer1 wrote:
Well I guess one could label it as that.

That's basically what it is. The church where I'm a pastor receives no real benefit from the organization other than the privilege of carrying the COG name and flying the logo. And I'm not really sure there's any real value in that either if I'm being honest. I know that sounds terribly cynical but that's just my experience. I do not view our church's relationship with the COG as being mutually beneficial. I will not withdraw from the organization, rebel, stop reporting, or encourage anyone else to do so.

I hear a lot about honoring our "covenant" with the COG. Doesn't the term "covenant" imply there are certain benefits or needs that are met on both ends?
Acts Enthusiast
9/9/15 12:35 pm

Post Re: What is so difficult/challengin bout reportin by the 5th of the month? Ernie Long
Old Time Country Preacher wrote:
Ever since I was young timer, the state paper would show folk what said "No Report." An through the years I noticed it was typically the same churches an preachers.

I don't know, boys, I just simply don't understand it. It takes me less than 5 minutes to report online. Except in cases of emergency (death/crisis/etc.), or an occasional "fergittin," hey, they just aint no good reason fer consistently bein late.

An I can't help but wonder, these preachers whats always late, if their church folk was consistently late in everything they done, how they would feel bout it.

No Report in Ohio means a report was sent in, but no ToT was included and so the report is invalid or label as No Report. I'm sure this is the case for the CoG as a whole.
Acts Enthusiast
9/11/15 8:31 am

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic