Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

I've had it with Power Church.....

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post I've had it with Power Church..... spartanfan
and I need some recommendations on the best/most cost-effective computer software to keep up with members/ministry groups/visitors/mailing lists/etc. So - let's hear your recommendation and a brief explanation please Smile Golf Cart Mafia Underboss
9/9/15 3:55 pm

Post Does Power CHurch brotherjames
also include accounting software? There are a lot of good programs but few that are all inclusive. I have been checking several as we are about to switch from Membership Plus by ACS to Shepherd's Staff. Membership Plus included accounting modules as well as membership, contributions etc. and we need to replace it. Otherwise we have to buy one program for accounting and another for membership tracking, mailing etc. ACS is replacing Membership Plus with Realm which looks really good as it is cloud based etc but it only encompasses membership and contributions but no accounting. It just depends on your needs. THe problem is often a trade off as some programs do really well at members tracking but are weak accounting programs or you get great accounting but weak tracking, mailing etc. Very difficult to find good one at a reasonable price on top of that. Shepherd's Staff seems the best compromise for us. here is the Realm site which looks good but not if you need accounting. http://www.acstechnologies.com/products/realm Acts-celerater
9/9/15 4:44 pm

Post Thanks.... spartanfan
will check it out. Don't need accounting - that's done in another office. Golf Cart Mafia Underboss
9/9/15 5:03 pm

Post Okay.... spartanfan
Tom Sterbens wrote:
We have used Planning Center Online for years for our public worship event planning. It has always been top shelf and has great support. Recently they have launched out into a total church management solution. We will be leaving what we are using and going in this direction. Check it out here: http://get.planningcenteronline.com/

Thanks! I'll check it out (or actually have it checked out - I'm pretty ignorant in those matters!)
Golf Cart Mafia Underboss
9/9/15 5:41 pm

Post we use planning center also brotherjames
for our worship and media teams each week but it is not really geared for a comprehensive membership program if you need to do mailings, tracking, resource allocation etc.[/quote] Acts-celerater
9/9/15 8:22 pm

Post thanks Tom brotherjames
I didn't realize planning center had added all of that. Odd that we got no info on their new stuff and been using opc for 5 yrs. Anyway, I priced it using most of the modules and while they look cool and all it would cost us easily well over 100 to 150 month. Why would I spend $1200 to 1500 + pr yr when I can buy a full program including accouting for less thaN 500. I think planning center is over priced but it works well. I'm sure these apps will work well too if you only need a couple of them. But it starts to add up quickly if you use many of them. Acts-celerater
9/10/15 6:58 am

Post Da Sheik
We use Planning Center for our worship planning. Works well for us and worship leaders can notify us well in advance if they're not going to be able to attend a particular service. Acts Enthusiast
9/10/15 12:45 pm

Post spartanfan brotherjames
What were your issues with power church? We had investigated it as a replacement for our membership plus software but decided on shepherd's staff. What I liked about power church was it is also accessible online if you choose that option. Shepherd's staff is not although Concordia which makes it also has a cloud based version called church 360 http://www.concordiatechnology.org/church360/members Acts-celerater
9/10/15 2:52 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic