Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

How long to leave inactive members on the books?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Feature Presentations This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Quiet Wyatt...that may just be Q and A, not rules Aaron Scott
I cannot remember exactly, but during AJT's tenure, there would sometimes be a session where he would answer questions based on his take/experience. They were NOT necessarily formal stances of the denomination.

I believe the whole drinking Coca Cola or such arose from that. He was giving his best opinions on it, trying to assist the growing COG, but I do not know if it carries any legal weight. BUT THE ONE ON TITHES SHOULD!

Many years ago, I remember on Evangelism Director came to our church for a vote for a new pastor. Of course, people who seldom came showed up to vote. His take was that if they came once a month, it was all good.

In my view, we have FOUR services a week: Sunday School, Morning Worship, Sunday Night, and FTH. I have had people who came only 25% of the time.
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
8/10/15 4:54 am

Post sheepdogandy
Old Time Country Preacher wrote:
sheepdogandy wrote:
Does any Church of God pastor on this board receive his salary based upon the number of members on the church roll?

This ain't rocket science folks.

I aint quite shore what you gittin at here, Sheepdog. Can ya help the ole timer understand what ya tryin to say?

Are ya sayin that cause a COG preachers salary is based on the membership, no COG preacher would dare have the integrity to mess with the membership cause it would effect his salary? Cause if this is what ya suggestin, it aint so. I know for a fact cause I don't it maself.

Nope not every one.

I do know of some that have.

www.spwc.church
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
8/10/15 9:02 am

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Feature Presentations This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.