Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

C. Moody suggests COG ministers tithe to HQ
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Feature Presentations This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Dean Steenburgh
chainrattler wrote:
Dean Steenburgh wrote:
As an example if O.B. paid a fee of $225.00 a month

$225.00 per month for a title with no guaranteed place of ministry?

Oh, wow, sign me up now! Rolling Eyes

Hey chain you must not be a senior pastor for if you were you would see this as a bargain.

If your church was sending in $2-3,000 or more per month in ToT & suddenly you only have to send in about $225 you would say, 'Oh, wow, sign me up now!' Wink

Any of us who have a call on our life have a guarantee of ministry. If you want to do something start it in your own living room as a bible study & I guarantee you it will become ministry. Now if you want to be paid to do that then you may have to put in some additional effort.

Email me at: SteenburghDean@gmail.com

Church planters are focused on just one thing ...introducing people to Jesus!
What are you focused on?
Golf Cart Mafia Capo Famiglia
3/7/13 8:48 pm

Post Dean Steenburgh
Change Agent wrote:
Pastors are a dime a dozen in the COG. There are many more pastors than churches in the SE United States. Rolling Eyes

Therein lies the problem, we have a whole rest of the United States where we have churches that need pastors w/out the cozy comfort of the S/E.

Sometimes we even have places outside of the jam packed, over churched S/E that need ministers to show up & drive a stake in the ground & call that place their new ministry location.

If our ministers were really serious about ministry & not position we would suffer from a shortage of church planters.

Unfortunately we have tons of opportunities & very few who are willing to look for a new 'comfort zone' & call it their ministry. Shocked

Email me at: SteenburghDean@gmail.com

Church planters are focused on just one thing ...introducing people to Jesus!
What are you focused on?
Golf Cart Mafia Capo Famiglia
3/7/13 8:55 pm

Post chainrattler
Tom Sterbens wrote:
chainrattler wrote:

It's a pastor factory for the autonomous sovereign churches, and it just keeps churning them out without any regard for supply and demand. The end result is "preachers are a dime a dozen, but the church is always there."

You guys are amazing...

That last quote in italics was a direct quote from a highly revered District Superintendent in the Assemblies of God to a young pastor asking why the districts didn't stand behind their ministers when they were falsely accused for forcibly removed by small factions who stirred up dissension in their churches.

That same District Superintendent has been highly honored at the national level and is now considered the "spiritual father" of his district many years after his retirement.

I wouldn't throw out such comments carelessly or without reason.
Acts-celerater
3/7/13 9:42 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Feature Presentations This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.