Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Dance in Worship
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Hot Discussions Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Re: Dance in Worship Land of Middle Girth
Never did I say that dancing in worship was wrong. I fully understand, also, that not everything we do is for evangelism. I also can see how some people would be upset at their worship turning into "MTV Spring Break COG." I read your blog. There is some good information in there; however, my opinion is simple and is only from my experience: The people that I have seen dancing in worship are from the "Look @ me" crowd. Just from what I have seen.

I have seen some dramas (and even participated in some) that were great.
4/6/06 11:20 pm

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Post Re: Dance in Worship In His Steps
Land of Middle Girth wrote:
Never did I say that dancing in worship was wrong. I fully understand, also, that not everything we do is for evangelism. I also can see how some people would be upset at their worship turning into "MTV Spring Break COG." I read your blog. There is some good information in there; however, my opinion is simple and is only from my experience: The people that I have seen dancing in worship are from the "Look @ me" crowd. Just from what I have seen.

I have seen some dramas (and even participated in some) that were great.

In reading this thread I see you saying that those who dance just want everyone to look at them so it is wrong. That is a weak argument against dancing. What you are really saying is that you don't like it, so it should not be done.
Friendly Face
4/10/06 8:17 am

Post Re: Dance in Worship Land of Middle Girth
Negative, I am saying that in my experience that the ones who have been involved have been the "look @ me" types. To add on to it, some of those dancing might as well have a large brass pole fixed to the ceiling to assist them in their dancing. It's just me. I'm not saying people shouldn't do it. I'm just saying from my experience.
4/10/06 5:52 pm

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Post I know Pastor Gary
Negative, I am saying that in my experience that the ones who have been involved have been the "look @ me" types.

The same can be said of many "special singers" and others upm front, IMHO. The spotlight does attract certain personality types, as does the ministry, and those seeking attention often find an outlet for that in church.

To add on to it, some of those dancing might as well have a large brass pole fixed to the ceiling to assist them in their dancing. It's just me. I'm not saying people shouldn't do it. I'm just saying from my experience.

And I hope you have an opportunity to experience the real, beautiful, genuine, holy kind of woorship dance that honors the Lord and blesses those watching.
4/10/06 5:58 pm

Post Re: I know Land of Middle Girth
Pastor Gary wrote:
Negative, I am saying that in my experience that the ones who have been involved have been the "look @ me" types.

The same can be said of many "special singers" and others upm front, IMHO. The spotlight does attract certain personality types, as does the ministry, and those seeking attention often find an outlet for that in church.

To add on to it, some of those dancing might as well have a large brass pole fixed to the ceiling to assist them in their dancing. It's just me. I'm not saying people shouldn't do it. I'm just saying from my experience.

And I hope you have an opportunity to experience the real, beautiful, genuine, holy kind of woorship dance that honors the Lord and blesses those watching.

I agree, there is the same problem with singers sometimes too. I have been accused of bringing attention to myself with my guitar, so I understand how personal worship in public can draw the wrong conclusions. But at least I wasn't in a belly shirt dancing like a stripper. Besides, you wouldn't want to see me in a belly shirt. See my name for details.
4/10/06 6:03 pm

Post If you have no other talents to offer then c6thplayer1
I guess its OK. Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
4/10/06 6:27 pm

Post Re: If you have no other talents to offer then Land of Middle Girth
c6thplayer1 wrote:
I guess its OK.

my girth is my talent.
4/10/06 6:38 pm

Post what's so "awesome" about it. justavoice
You are sooooo missing the point. It isn't about US. It's PRAISE and WORSHIP! It doesn't matter if we like it, how we like it, or even if we think a person has the right motivation about it. It's for God Almighty & he will decide if he likes it & if it's right. If we praise him in spirit and in truth, with our whole hearts, he'll be satisfied......the rest is just preference. Newbie
9/12/06 10:00 am

Post Dance PT
To make a long story short...I used to be the world's most adamant AGAINST it! I went on a vacation to Hawaii. We became friends with Pastor Laki Ka'ahumanu of the Harvest Chapel COG in Lahaina, Maui. I preached at the church and sat in with the worship team. The Hula Ministry performed during the service. I CRIED LIKE AS BABY...it was so touching! By-the -way, Pastor Laki sung at the general assembly Missions service. Since that time, the Lord has given me a tremendous revelation on dancing (not before Him, but "WITH HIM"!) I preached it at my church and 5 others. Each night there was I call a tremendous "Divine Interruption"! Man, I didn't believe I could actually pull of such a shortened version of this. If anybody is interested in more detail, email me...I send you the extended version.

PT

timotheos@fastmail.fm
9/14/06 4:17 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Hot Discussions Post new topic   Reply to topic