Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Can you be a Christian without going to church?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Feature Presentations This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post bonnie knox
Quote:
B. We brag that 218 got saved in our church last year, but only 73 are in attendance on Sunday morning

OR we brag about how much we've grown, but it's growth from people who used to "go to church" elsewhere.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
12/29/11 5:59 pm

Post I absolutely love this discussion archie
This is incredible! A biblical conversation about church. Passionate yet principled. You cannot be Christian and not church. We are the body of Christ and members in particular. Everyone matters, contributes, participates, gives and serves. No one does it better than anyone else. Forbid them not! If they are not against me then they are for me.(Jesus)
I grew up in this denom, 3rd generation and am planting my third church. One conventional. one transitional and now organic. I get what freedman and link and pro non institutionalists are saying but am not interested in throwing the baby out with the bath water. Do church and be church in the manner Jesus calls, anoints and directs you and Jesus will see to it God gets the glory. Love God, love others and make disciples and Jesus will "build his church". Pastors, encourage participation, coach people in their gifts, trust the Holy Spirit, trust your leaders, trust your folks. The potential is in the seed, the seed is in the harvest. There's church ready to break out in every believer. Can you imagine? Church in every home, every home a church. Keep your hearts in check on this discussion. Respect one another, encourage one another and challenge one another to be church, do church, go to church and plant church in the heart of everyone we meet. I am fired up! This is awesome! My book recommendation is; Paul's Idea of Community The Early House Churches and Their Cultural Setting written by Robert J. Banks Speaks to many of these issues better than I can. Happy read.
1/3/12 1:52 pm

Post Change Agent
archie states:

"I grew up in this denom, 3rd generation and am planting my third church. One conventional. one transitional and now organic."

You seem to be the pastor leader that I could enjoy. You are open for change and love your people. Most of the pastors I know are doing church the same way their mentors taught them. If you walk in one of their churches and listened to their preaching you would think for sure that you were back in the 50's!
Acts Enthusiast
1/3/12 2:08 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Feature Presentations This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.