Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Calif AB appoints woman as D. O: Violation or progress?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Hot Discussions Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Bro Bob
Major, Dean, can you cite for me why it would violate the MINUTES if the EC were to appoint me as your state overseer? Golf Cart Mafia Underboss
1/19/11 9:19 am

Post Omega
In the minutes it lists DO as a right of an OB, but not as a right of the first two ranks of ministry. A woman Minister has the rights and priveleges of the first two ranks, So that rules her out having the rights of an OB with the right to be a DO. Friendly Face
1/19/11 10:49 am

Post ibelieve
you're all letting facts get in the way. Laughing Hey, DOC
1/19/11 11:50 am

Post Omega nailed it skinnybishop
Ordained Bishop can serve as a DO.

Ordained Minister....nope

Exhorter...nope

Whether we are right or wrong about Female Bishops.....it appears that a female D.O. is outside of the Minutes.
Acts Enthusiast
1/19/11 12:11 pm

Post Dean Steenburgh
Bro Bob wrote:
Major, Dean, can you cite for me why it would violate the MINUTES if the EC were to appoint me as your state overseer?

Because we can't have an overseer with a pen name. Shocked

Obviously it's not that difficult. I do believe that one of the qualifications of an overseer are that you must be an Ordained Bishop & you dear pen person/avatar do not exists.

Email me at: SteenburghDean@gmail.com

Church planters are focused on just one thing ...introducing people to Jesus!
What are you focused on?
Golf Cart Mafia Capo Famiglia
1/19/11 7:53 pm

Post Re: Omega nailed it...but not really skinnybishop
[quote="Major B. Trammell"][quote="skinnybishop"]Ordained Bishop can serve as a DO.

Exhorter...nope

Whether we are right or wrong about Female Bishops.....it appears that a female D.O. is outside of the Minutes.[/quote]

Exhorters can serve as evangelists.

Ordained Ministers can serve as evangelists.

It appears that an Ordained Bishop serving as evangelist is outside of the Minutes.

It appears that an Exhorter teaching a Sunday School class is outside of the Minutes.

It appears that an Exhorter writing a book is outside of the Minutes.

It appears that an Exhorter serving on a state board (which is prescribed in the Minutes) is outside of the Minutes. Go figure that one out.

It appears.....

Do I have to keep going?[/quote]

You can keep going....but you are still wrong. If you don't understand why there is no need to continue.

Whatever.
Acts Enthusiast
1/19/11 9:13 pm

Post skinnybishop, Dean Steenburgh
Just FYI, you can push that button that says 'Quote' & it will keep you from the cut/paste routine.

Hey Major, your assessment of this issue is great. I wonder if the qualifications of a D.O. are defined as one thing & the options to serve as a O.B. are another?

I mean if the definition of a D.O. is that you must be a licensed CoG minister and blah, blah, blah ...well that is one definition. But then what if the opportunities to serve as an O.B. actually list the office of D.O. where they may not have that same option listed for the Exorter or Ordained Minister, you see what I'm saying?

It's like this, if the D.O. has one set of qualifications in order to qualify as a D.O. and then the position of an O.B. has in it's options to serve the classification to become a D.O., then which qualification/definition has the seniority to determine the outcome?

On one hand you can be a O.B. w/all the options to serve (except as an evangelist Laughing ) in every office in the CoG and on the other hand you have the qualifications to be a D. O. with mere limited qualifications to serve - they are listed in complete different sections in the minutes.

Email me at: SteenburghDean@gmail.com

Church planters are focused on just one thing ...introducing people to Jesus!
What are you focused on?
Golf Cart Mafia Capo Famiglia
1/19/11 10:53 pm

Post bonnie knox
Somehow I get the feeling that the Minutes aren't worded EXACTLY the way they would need to be in order to convey the intent of the authors. They needed Major around to make sure the Minutes closed all the loopholes. But they still would have needed an editor. When Major gets excited he starts coming up with words like consentually. Razz [Insert Acts Pun Here]
1/19/11 11:04 pm

Post Re: Omega nailed it...but not really Omega
Major B. Trammell wrote:
skinnybishop wrote:
Ordained Bishop can serve as a DO.

Exhorter...nope

Whether we are right or wrong about Female Bishops.....it appears that a female D.O. is outside of the Minutes.

Exhorters can serve as evangelists.

Ordained Ministers can serve as evangelists.

Ordained Bishops? Nope.

It appears that an Ordained Bishop serving as evangelist is outside of the Minutes.

It appears that an Exhorter teaching a Sunday School class is outside of the Minutes.

It appears that an Exhorter writing a book is outside of the Minutes.

It appears that an Exhorter serving on a state board (which is prescribed in the Minutes) is outside of the Minutes. Go figure that one out.

It appears.....

Do I have to keep going?

Just a loophole and excuse for you. Everyone notice MBT's first responce was that it wasn't under qualification that a DO be an OB and that he would give a Starbucks card to anyone who could prove otherwise. When it was shown to him that it was under the rights and priveliges of only an OB to be a DO, he started this nonsence of elemination that is very confusing and grasping for an "out". It is absolute garbage and he knows it, or else he would have taken that postition to start with. It's all garbage. Do I need to keep going?
Friendly Face
1/20/11 11:04 am

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Hot Discussions Post new topic   Reply to topic