Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Do you go to hell for not hearing the gospel?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Hot Discussions Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post Do you go to hell for not hearing the gospel? David Jenkins
God will have to answer that. My instructions are to tell everyone about Jesus.
It is that simple.
Friendly Face
1/4/11 4:09 pm

Post disciple
Is it agreed that the situation(whatever that may be) for those who have never heard the gospel will be better than the ones that heard or had the opportunity and rejected it/Him?

Luke 12:47-49 (New International Version, ©2010)

47 “The servant who knows the master’s will and does not get ready or does not do what the master wants will be beaten with many blows. 48 But the one who does not know and does things deserving punishment will be beaten with few blows. From everyone who has been given much, much will be demanded; and from the one who has been entrusted with much, much more will be asked.

As already mentioned, God's judgement will be righteous.
I believe we won't know fully what kind of opportunity each person had. God will.

By the way, willful avoidance is different than not having the opportunity.

Just a side note, in regards to the passage in Romans 1, I've heard of an instance(and my memory's sketchy on this) where a group of people in Africa knew through revelation certain specifics about the Christian God before a missionary was able to reach them and, if memory serves me, before anyone told them. I know this doesn't happen all the time to my knowledge but it is interesting.
1/4/11 6:02 pm

Post I got the final answer Randy Johnson
I'm still recovering from getting slapped down last night on Facebook.

The son of an Assemblies of God evangelist I have known since I started in the ministry in 1982 posted the following on his status that resulted in over 200+ comments (many of which were deleted).

"if I am told that I must love God or he will throw me into hell, I might well consider loving him—or at least pretend I do. But if the only reason I’m even responding to him is to serve my own self-interest and escape a fiery eternity in hell, am I really loving him or myself? Can a true friendship blossom under so grave a threat?"

This young man recently resigned as pastor of his church. In the comments on the status I quoted, he maintains that the work Christ did, centuries before we were born, saved everyone (whether they know it or accept it or not). He said the lake of fire in Revelation is a metaphor, there is no eternal punishment, and that when "Christ is revealed" in me, I will abandon my American doctrine of people having to beleive in order to be saved, and will realize that Jesus is a bigger Savior than I ever knew Him to be.

So, the final answer is, everyone is already saved and automatically forgiven for all their sins, they just don't know it yet, and really, don't need to know it because they will find out when they land in heaven upon death, accepted by God's unconditional love.
Ickesburg, Pennsylvania
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
1/5/11 8:24 am

Post Here was his final comment to me... Randy Johnson
"ya know Randy, you have taken verses written to believers for the purpose of encouraging them in their belief, and built a doctrine of 'you have to believe to be saved'...if this is true, then Satan has won, the death won, the grave won, he...ll won...Jesus failed, God is a wimp and humanity would be better off if it had never been born. because the TRUTH to your doctrine, the dirty little secret to your exclusive, American doctrine is that BILLIONS of souls would be in hell. how do you sleep at night.
when the mystery of Christ is revealed to you, you will see that he is a bigger savior than you give him credit for."
Ickesburg, Pennsylvania
1/5/11 8:38 am

Post Randy, I want to believe that and wish that were true.... caseyleejones
...how I wish that were true. But, I did not make the rules. If I am wrong....then no big deal, I'm saved anyway...right?

I do agree with his statement though about the purpose of following Christ. We don't serve him as a method of getting out of hell thing, but a relationship. The threat of hell doesn't keep anyone saved.
Acts-perienced Poster
1/5/11 8:44 am

Post Re: Randy, I want to believe that and wish that were true... Randy Johnson
caseyleejones wrote:
If I am wrong....then no big deal, I'm saved anyway...right?

Right. But if you follow his logic, there is no reason to believe or motivation to live a holy life, just grab a couple concubines and spend your life making and spending tons of money, because after all, in the end you'll wind up standing before God and being forgiven by His unconditional love.
Ickesburg, Pennsylvania
1/5/11 9:02 am

Post CoG Jerk
Universalism, one of the oldest lies in the book, essentially makes light of sin by saying it does not deserve eternal damnation. It is as old as the Serpent's deception of Eve, "Hath God said?...You shall not surely die."
1/5/11 9:36 am

Post CoG Jerk
It really is incredibly sad and tragic to see a Christian backslide into universalism. I saw my older brother become a universalist back in the 80s, so I was pretty well introduced to the arguments before they became more popular than ever via the likes of Carlton Pearson in recent years.

Universalism is perhaps the ultimate doctrine of demons, the ultimate lie of all--that God's love is inconsistent with eternal damnation for sin.

Universalism is often based upon the erroneous "penal substitution" view of the atonement. The idea that Jesus "paid the penalty" for all, and therefore all will be saved, no matter what, for their penalty has been paid. But the Bible nowhere teaches Jesus' death was the payment of a penalty or debt.
1/5/11 9:47 am

Post Re: Randy, I want to believe that and wish that were true... Poimen
caseyleejones wrote:
We don't serve him as a method of getting out of hell thing, but a relationship. The threat of hell doesn't keep anyone saved.

While both of those statements are true, nevertheless, it is the knowledge of our sinfulness and just condemnation that awakens us to our need for the Savior, leading us to repentance and forgiveness. Then, having been so graciously pardoned and reconciled with the Father, we love God in return for His great act of love in Christ toward us.

It is not an either/or proposition. It is a both/and. We both come to God fleeing the coming wrath and judgment that results in eternal damnation AND we faithfully serve Him, not so we won't go to Hell, but because we love Him and are grateful that He has already saved us from that end.

Singing: "Let us then be true and faithful -- trusting, serving, everyday. Just one glimpse of Him in glory will the toils of life repay."
1/5/11 10:07 am

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post Randy Johnson
CoG Jerk wrote:
It really is incredibly sad and tragic to see a Christian backslide into universalism. I saw my older brother become a universalist back in the 80s, so I was pretty well introduced to the arguments before they became more popular than ever via the likes of Carlton Pearson in recent years.

Universalism is perhaps the ultimate doctrine of demons, the ultimate lie of all--that God's love is inconsistent with eternal damnation for sin.

Universalism is often based upon the erroneous "penal substitution" view of the atonement. The idea that Jesus "paid the penalty" for all, and therefore all will be saved, no matter what, for their penalty has been paid. But the Bible nowhere teaches Jesus' death was the payment of a penalty or debt.

What bothers me most of all is his smugness towards me. I'm not really upset about his personal attacks against me, but he accused me of being one of those who shut the kingdom of heaven in men's faces. The ironic thing is, that everything he accused me of is the exact opposite of what I have actually done throughout my life and ministry. He does not remember me, but I remember him as a child. His father preached revivals for me in every church I pastored in the A/G.

It grieves my heart to have spent over 25 years preaching the truth, and then to see a following generation turn their ears away from the truth to fables. The Scriptures are not held in high regard as an authority, but belittled. The gifts of Christ to His Church, explained away as unnecessary and divisive.
Ickesburg, Pennsylvania
1/5/11 10:12 am

Post CoG Jerk
I know it is grievous. My own brother (and other universalists I've known) have even said I WANT people to burn in Hell forever. Nothing could be further from the truth. Just keep praying for them I suppose. I do have to wonder if this might fall under the category of a sin unto death which 1 Jn 5 speaks of though.
1/5/11 10:29 am

Post CoG Jerk
As much as it grieves me, I can't begin to imagine how much it must grieve God.
1/5/11 10:32 am

Post How about we do this... Clint Wills
We share the Gospel with as many people as we can. We exalt the name of Jesus everywhere we go.

Then, in the end, we let God sort out who does and does not go to Hell.
1/6/12 4:28 pm

Post A witness to all nations klane60
Matthew 24:14

And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in all the world as a witness to all the nations, and then the end will come.
7/22/16 1:36 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Hot Discussions Post new topic   Reply to topic