Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

FL COG Office couldn't make payroll?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Hot Discussions Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Message Author
Post FL COG Office couldn't make payroll? iknownothing
FL couldn't make payroll for the state office staff recently. J David was handed a mess by Marty Taylor, who was handed a mess by Smith, who was handed a mess and so on.

Last edited by iknownothing on 9/9/10 9:59 am; edited 1 time in total
Friendly Face
9/8/10 9:30 pm

Post Larry Wiley
Quote:
FL couldn't make payroll for the state office staff recently. Its strange how FL gave (a certain church) over a million dollars not to long ago to keep them floating and J David was handed a mess by Marty Taylor.

I have respect for J. David Stephens and J. Martin Taylor. Maybe because my name is J. Larry Very Happy

Can we blame the financial condition of the Fl. State office on J. Martian Taylor or on the Insurance rates in Fl. Or are there other problems.
9/8/10 9:38 pm

Post Larry Wiley
I have been in the spot where the church I pastored could not make payroll. And I was the only on the payroll. What did I do, without.
9/8/10 9:45 pm

Post not blaming JMT iknownothing
MT walked into a mess too. FL's mess has been piling up for a long time! J David will be the man to take care of it. Friendly Face
9/8/10 10:32 pm

Post Know>> renewal
How do you know?>>>> Acts Enthusiast
9/8/10 11:19 pm

Post Iknownothing Cojak
I certainly hope so!
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
9/9/10 12:12 am

Post Or the $150k loan that he secured without approval? Mighty Army
right before the assembly

call somebody on the council and ask
Friendly Face
9/9/10 12:14 am

Post Florida financial problems started under Jimmy D. Smith GuideOne
They started with investing in ponzi scheme in south florida. They started with taking New York trips with State Council and wives. They started when the overseer borrowed money from the state office to buy a condo on Gulf Coast.

They started when Donnie Smith could do nothing about the problem. He reported this to Lamar Vest who was Presiding Bishop. Lamar Vest decided to do nothing about the problem.

This problem was caused because a State Council allowed the Overseer to get away with this type of business. The Council needs to be blamed as much as Overseers who have been sent by the Executive Committee.

My suggestion to the Executive Committee is to listen to pastors who vote every 2 years.
Friendly Face
9/9/10 6:24 am

Post Is this true? doyle
If this is true, it certainly is an important story but before accepting it as fact, there needs to be some verification.

Since the post was entered by "Iknownothing," it makes one wonder about the validity. Of course, this is often a problem when a story appears under a pen name.

Amazingly, most of the info appearing here under pen names often turns out to be true but even so, if anyone is going to launch an important story under your pen name, do all possible to offer verification.

This top post also includes some harsh opinion that the incoming AB was left a mess by the outgoing AB. Please note, that is an opinion. I have no way of knowing if that is actually the case.

Possibly some other posters from Florida could weigh in as to the state of finances there.

However, if it does turn out that a state with as many COG churches as Florida is in trouble financially, there is opportunity here to take a hard look at it and find out why so other states can learn from it.

If the state couldn't meet payroll, there are reasons. Why would a state this large not have the money to pay it's employees?

Doyle
9/9/10 9:21 am

Post i do not have solid proof iknownothing
I do not have solid proof but I was told this by a person from FL who got it straight! If you want to delete it then I'm ok with it. That's why I put a question mark in the original post heading. Friendly Face
9/9/10 10:02 am

Post Eddie Robbins
Does a question mark release you from feeling like you are gossiping? Is that all it takes? Kind of like a smiley face just after you call someone an idiot. Very Happy Yeah, that smile face. Acts-pert Poster
9/9/10 10:47 am

Post Re: i do not have solid proof krista
iknownothing wrote:
I do not have solid proof but I was told this by a person from FL who got it straight! If you want to delete it then I'm ok with it. That's why I put a question mark in the original post heading.

True definition of gossip.
Golf Cart Mafia Capo
9/9/10 1:40 pm

Post Poor management has taken a toll. CentFLPstr
Since the JDS fiasco the level of management skill has steadily declined. It is no wonder FL is broke. Perhaps our new JDS can bring some sanity back to our leadership. Friendly Face
9/9/10 3:56 pm

Post DELETE BishopsWife
DELETED

Last edited by BishopsWife on 9/15/10 9:55 am; edited 1 time in total
Acts Enthusiast
9/9/10 9:01 pm

Post verified iknownothing
Checked out the story with one of the officials in FL. They are in a crisis and had to borrow money to make payroll. Churches are not sending in the TOT (FL insurance is high, as well as an American economy crumbling. FL hit hard with the economy troubles) therefore $ coming in the State Office is at one of its lowests points. Further FL's General Assembly expenses are out of this world b/c of the amount of state officials! Huge overhead! Friendly Face
9/10/10 3:24 pm

Post The Problem Is Not General Assembly Expenses CentFLPstr
Many churches send more staff to the GA than the FL State Office. I think they have 1 AB 1 YCE Dir and 2 EV Dirs. Perhaps they each went to the GA in an extravagant way.

I think perhaps they have spent way too much money bailing out Clermont or giving a new Tahoe to the outgoing AB.

I know this for sure; since Jimmy Smith they have lived the lifestyle of the rich and famous with the local churches footing the bill. People are sick and tired of it and are not going to take it anymore.

They are going to have to cut back on personnel and live with what comes in. You cannot borrow your way out of debt and you cannot force people to come up with more and more money.
Friendly Face
9/10/10 6:14 pm

Post Kyle Morrow
I am disturbed that this thread is on here, and very disturbed that it is a sticky. Golf Cart Mafia Soldier
9/10/10 11:55 pm

Post Disturbed? GuideOne
The entire State of Florida in the Church of God is disturbed. Every minister in Florida deserves an explanation.

Florida is disturbed that the Executive Committee in Cleveland Tennessee does not check on these allegations. Florida is concerned that previous Administrative Bishops are given a pass because of negligent leadership.

Florida is disturbed that pastors have been having to pay more for Insuance programs managed by the State Office than their mortgage each month.

Disturbed? There are stronger words to describe the frustation.
Friendly Face
9/11/10 4:23 am

Post Disturbed? GuideOne
Millions have been invested in Florida Loan programs by previous Executive Committee members. They have been getting up to 8% interest rates on their money.

Disturbed.?.....Someone needs to be asking questions. Just follow the money.
Friendly Face
9/11/10 4:38 am

Post GuideOne why..... mealone
GuideOne wrote:

Disturbed.?.....Someone needs to be asking questions. Just follow the money.

GuideOne why don't you go and do something about it, being that you seem to know so much????? Rolling Eyes
Acts-celerater
9/11/10 8:02 am

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Hot Discussions Post new topic   Reply to topic