Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Need Your Help With My Church Plant Round 2
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  

If given a list of these four churches, based solely on the name of the church, which of these churches would you be most likely to visit?
Flood Church
14%
 14%  [ 4 ]
Lift Church
39%
 39%  [ 11 ]
Soul City Church
28%
 28%  [ 8 ]
Soul Source Church
17%
 17%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 28

Message Author
Post I would not... COGLayman
go to any church with those four names. I would look for a known brand such as x Church of God, or x Baptist Church. Next to that I would look for a non-offensive, non-crazy sounding church. Such as: x Community Church, or x Christian Center, or x Pentecostal Church, etc. Friendly Face
8/15/09 1:18 pm

Post Link
shaunbwilson wrote:
So here's the theory behind the mix of weird name and "church".

Generation X is a free-spirited generation that likes culture. We want our church NAME to be seeker sensitive. When you hear things like "Life Church", there's a certain thickness to the religiousness of the name. We are going for something along the lines of what you'd consider naming a business. For instance, Google could have named themselves Algorithm Search Engine or simply just "Algorithm". But they went with a non-geeky sounding name like Google to cast a wider net and include more people.

I'm in generation X and all those names sound weird or unappealing to me. Do you play soul music?
8/16/09 4:15 am

Post Shaun Isa 58:12
were are you? You said; Thanks for the feedback so far. Keep it coming, both negative and positive. We want to do our very best to end up with a church name that's pleasing to the ear.

& you have some negative comments, just wondering are you coming back to give your feedback on the negative?
8/16/09 10:06 pm

Post shaunbwilson
Hi, Isa 58:12.

I can't speak for my pastor, but will give you my take on the things you've mentioned.
    1. I personally don't think God cares about the 501(c)3 name of our group of Christ-followers. I think he cares about our hearts and about the church body.

2. We are seeker sensitive when it comes to naming the 501(c)3 in that we want people to feel invited to come experience a service. From that point we will have the exciting opportunity to be judged by our fruits.

3. We are not about religion. We are about encountering God and experiencing life-change.

4. We are not a business, but we are observing business principles in this church to the best of our ability to reconcile them with the Word of God. For instance, budgeting is a business practice of good stewardship that we will be planning to incorporate in our church. This is serving God in our finances, not serving money.

Thanks for your concern, brother. Please keep praying God's wisdom on us.
8/17/09 9:54 am

Post Isa 58:12
shaunbwilson wrote:
Thanks for your concern, brother. Please keep praying God's wisdom on us.

I have some more questions for what you just said Wink , But I'll just say Wisdom is Torah Shaun Prov 4 Very Happy

Maybe I'll see you sometime in one of threads I have started Very Happy

Shalom
8/17/09 10:04 am

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic