Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Has your Acts-celerate Family touched your life?

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Has your Acts-celerate Family touched your life at a critical time?
Yes
66%
 66%  [ 35 ]
No, I've never needed them to
9%
 9%  [ 5 ]
No, I've never asked for it
3%
 3%  [ 2 ]
No, other
11%
 11%  [ 6 ]
I don't wish to participate in this poll, but would like to see the answers.
9%
 9%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 53

Message Author
Post Has your Acts-celerate Family touched your life? shaunbwilson
Another thread got me to thinking about how this board touched my life in time of need. Prayers and donations helped someone very close to me through a very tough time. While Acts-celerate is usually about having fun or about good, honest debate, there are times where I've seen it touch people at a pivotal and often times heartwrenching point in their lives.

I was wondering how many of you will state that you personally were touched during a time in your life whether directly or indirectly through your Acts-celerate family.

Last edited by shaunbwilson on 4/6/06 7:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Site Admin
4/4/06 2:57 pm

Post More than once.... Phil Hoover
And in ways that shall remain between those persons, myself and God.

When I thought I was going to "lose my mind" more than one person here "became my friend" in very tangible ways.

Yes...I have been personally and profoundly touched.

Phil Hoover
Chicago

www.philhoover-chicago.blogspot.com
Acts-pert Poster
4/4/06 4:42 pm

Post Re: Has your Acts-celerate Family touched your life? notwanghere
The vast majority of ACTS have encouraged me, strengthened me and verified that I am not alone in facing battles. I have found encouragement in them. The posters are amongst the best! I also want to commend, Accento, Shaun, and others.

The intellectual and spiritual honesty of many has impressed and helped me immensely.

Oops I didn't vote, I am surprised at the small number voting.
Acts Enthusiast
4/4/06 8:39 pm

Post Hurricane Charley BV COG
In the aftermath of the storm, many posters came to the aid of my family and church. These posters became friends through the adversity we faced at the time and overwhelmed us with love, prayers and financial support.

One of the greatest blessings came inthe form of a Bible, I cherish that Bible and it will always hold a special place in my heart and ministry.

Through Acts, I've made a friends and even opened a door for my family to a new church. There are too many friends to count, too many people to thank and too many great things that has happened here.

Admist all the junk sometimes, there are great people here and great blessings!

Very Happy

Acts-dicted
4/4/06 8:45 pm

Post Re: Has your Acts-celerate Family touched your life? good2go
Even though I am new to the board, I have been a guest here for some while now. My first encounter with Acts came at a well needed time in my walk with the Lord. I had just begun going through a seriously tough trial concerning our church, when a minister friend of mine told me about Acts. (Thinking that someone here might have discussed something similar to what I was going through, I decided to check Acts out.) As I began to read various threads, I became more and more blessed. God used so many of you to encourage me, without you even knowing. I am thankful for your humor, your intellect, and your perspectives. Thank you for being such a Blessing to me!
Sunshine
Friendly Face
4/5/06 12:19 am

Post I can't even count how many times. RaceForTheCure
I have never used a pen name here so it's not that I come here because of the anonymity the site affords people. I come here because, no matter how much fussing and bickering goes on, there are godly, prayerful, loving people here.
In the last year during my mom's illness and subsequent death there were times that I almost couldn't wait to get home so I could get on Acts and just interact with the people here. I sometimes felt bad that they would be sick of hearing about me and my family situations but there was never a time when I posted that someone didn't reply with words of love and encouragement.
Even now, when I've been able to basically stop posting and posting about my mom and have started posting happy things and updates on my dad's visit and such there's still always someone who congratulates me or chimes in on the conversation.
I've met a few Actscelerators face to face (I actually have met the super famous BV COG - yes, it's true - he IS real!). I've met Phil Underwood and one other poster that I don't even know his pen name.
Acts really is a family and I am honored to be part of that family - even when we act like a bunch of 12 year olds.
Love all you Actscelerators!!!!!
And I know He watches me
Get to know me and my wonderful family.
Rona
http://www.picasaweb.google.com/facesofwls
Acts Mod
4/6/06 12:01 am

Post Re: Has your Acts-celerate Family touched your life? Memory03
the majority of what I do on acts is purely entertainment. I admit that I push buttons. but behind the scenes, through the inboxes and emails I try to do some real ministry. I have been ministered to on many occasions by many folk as well. but I sure do really miss the Old Time Country Preacher with his gift a blessin folk an all.

Real Men get their haircut in a Barber Shop... The rest go to beauty parlors...
01000001 01100011 01110100 01110011
4/6/06 2:24 am

Post Re: Has your Acts-celerate Family touched your life? Brenda
I want to say.. this board is just what I need!
I found that out several years ago when I first went on it. It was what I was looking for.

I feel altho I don't know any of you... welllll except my son, hee hee.
I have friends here.
Friends that are here to help not pounce on anything I have to say. Not critical or judgemental. I feel if I need someone your here for me. To help and not ignore me. To encourage and lift me up. And isn't that what this faith way is all about? As brothers and sisters we are to share one anothers burdens.. pray for one another.

I've laughed alot and I've shed a few tears while reading different entries on here.
I relate to a lot of things that's said altho I don't always comment on it.

Reading different comments I try to get a feel for what type of person you are. I know the written page a lot of times differs from the actual person.
I find here a spirit of love. I feel the kind of people on here is what heaven is going to be like.
I'm glad to be apart of it and glad my son introduced me to it.

You are down home kind of people.. my kind of people.
We're a small village that is here to give a helping hand.

I just want to say...

God bless everyone.

Now I'll go back and vote. Laughing
Golf Cart Mafia Soldier
4/6/06 3:35 pm

Post Re: Has your Acts-celerate Family touched your life? Old Time Country Preacher
Memory03 wrote:
the majority of what I do on acts is purely entertainment.......but I sure do really miss the Old Time Country Preacher with his gift a blessin folk an all.

Mem, son, when the ole timer read this post, hey, I done a heap a weepin an not much sleepin. My goodness, you got the ole timer to feelin right meller an all. Man, I appreciate ya appreciatin me an all..........
Acts-pert Poster
7/11/07 10:22 pm

Post Are you kidding? TheBeebs
Ya'll are my link to the outside world! Even though I don't always log on, I come to the site five or six times a day just to see what's cookin'.
......and since I'm a frustrated entertainer, ya'll even put up with my twisted wit! (shut up, Phil Hoover)....I love seeing things from a different perspective...I love the good natured verbal jousting.....ya'll are my friends!!!!!!

7/11/07 11:13 pm

Post Just when you thought this board was a total waste of time roughridercog
This post serves as a reminder
10/10/07 9:41 am

Post Re: Are you kidding? Phil Hoover
TheBeebs wrote:
Ya'll are my link to the outside world! Even though I don't always log on, I come to the site five or six times a day just to see what's cookin'.
......and since I'm a frustrated entertainer, ya'll even put up with my twisted wit! (shut up, Phil Hoover)....I love seeing things from a different perspective...I love the good natured verbal jousting.....ya'll are my friends!!!!!!

And you even got a pizza out of the deal...!

www.philhoover-chicago.blogspot.com
Acts-pert Poster
10/30/08 4:44 pm

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic