Actscelerate.com Forum Index Actscelerate.com
Open Any Time -- Day or Night

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
r/Actscelerate

Just a hunch, but I think Obama's religion is...

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  

What religion is Obama?
Muslim
26%
 26%  [ 18 ]
Christian (Wright's Flavor)
11%
 11%  [ 8 ]
Christian (But doesn't subscribe to Wright's extreme beliefs)
11%
 11%  [ 8 ]
All of the Above (Believes all religions really serve the same God and naming a religion is just semantics)
50%
 50%  [ 34 ]
Other
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 68

Message Author
Post Just a hunch, but I think Obama's religion is... shaunbwilson
I thought it'd be interesting to see an anonymous poll of our readers about Obama's religion.

This isn't a poll to judge him, but simply a poll to see what the American public believes as we inch ever closer to Election Day.

Last edited by shaunbwilson on 9/11/08 11:48 am; edited 1 time in total
Site Admin
9/8/08 8:33 am

Post DHDRabbi
I think that he is whatever is politically correct at the time. He could have Muslim leanings because of his family history, but I don't think it's anything he practices.

I do not believe that he is a closet Muslim with hidden agendas that would turn us into a Muslim nation. That is what the crazy right-wing bloggers would have us to think. I think his real beliefs are closer to Wright than to anything else. He has gone to the church for 20 years.

I would like to know what they teach their children.
[Insert Acts Pun Here]
9/8/08 8:43 am

Post Phillip Johnson
DHDRabbi wrote:
I think that he is whatever is politically correct at the time. He could have Muslim leanings because of his family history, but I don't think it's anything he practices.

I do not believe that he is a closet Muslim with hidden agendas that would turn us into a Muslim nation. That is what the crazy right-wing bloggers would have us to think. I think his real beliefs are closer to Wright than to anything else. He has gone to the church for 20 years.

I think he would probably closely identify himself with Carlton Pearson's brand.
Golf Cart Mafia Capo Famiglia
9/8/08 10:02 am

Post bigchurchmouse
Maybe it is above his pay grade to give us a definitive answer. Golf Cart Mafia Capo
9/8/08 11:38 am

Post georgiapath
bigchurchmouse wrote:
Maybe it is above his pay grade to give us a definitive answer.

He probably doesn't know. He wants to be all things to all people. Laughing Laughing
Acts-dicted
9/8/08 2:52 pm

Post theophorus
I think he's as Christian as most politicians (most republicans included).

I don't think he uses the vocabulary that traditional Evangelicals are familiar with. He doens't talk like you want him to and so you don't like him.

Just because someone doesn't belong to your particular subculture, doesn't mean they aren't part of the larger body.

It wasn't too many years ago that many questioned the spirituality of McCain and his wife (2000 election - remember how Rove or his people claimed Cindy had been involved in a lesbian relationship?). He's learned to speak the language and now people feel more comfortable with him (even Dobson has come around).
9/8/08 5:57 pm

Post RaceForTheCure
DHDRabbi wrote:

Yeah, what Rabbi said, Ditto.
And I know He watches me
Get to know me and my wonderful family.
Rona
http://www.picasaweb.google.com/facesofwls
Acts Mod
9/9/08 8:49 pm

Post Randy Johnson
theophorus wrote:
I think he's as Christian as most politicians (most republicans included).

I don't think he uses the vocabulary that traditional Evangelicals are familiar with. He doens't talk like you want him to and so you don't like him.

Just because someone doesn't belong to your particular subculture, doesn't mean they aren't part of the larger body.

It wasn't too many years ago that many questioned the spirituality of McCain and his wife (2000 election - remember how Rove or his people claimed Cindy had been involved in a lesbian relationship?). He's learned to speak the language and now people feel more comfortable with him (even Dobson has come around).

My sister married into a family that has deep roots in the UCC. Her spiritual life has been hell on earth for the past 25 years having to deal with her inlaws, and not just because of the usual problems.

Just for an example. One day her mother-in-law was visiting her home with her sister-in-law and her nieces. One of the nieces had a friend who was a Buddhist. The young girl asked her grandmother, "Will so-and-so go to heaven since she is a Buddhist and doesn't believe in Jesus?" The grandmother answered, "Of course she'll go to heaven dear, all good people go to heaven."

My sister couldn't believe the answer she heard.

Since that time the two nieces have grown up. One is a practicing lesbian and the other has been involved in Wicca and other weird stuff. The UCC in our town constantly has messages on their sign promoting homosexuality and taking pot shots at fundamental Christianity.
Hon. Dr. in Acts-celeratology
9/10/08 2:24 pm

Post shaunbwilson
Thanks to the 64 of you who voted. I think this is the highest number of participants we've ever had in an Acts-celerate poll!
9/11/08 11:48 am

Actscelerate.com Forum Index -> Acts-Celerate Post new topic   Reply to topic